Post-It

Fated To Maybe-Not So- Kinda Love You

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP0A7M4-Ov4yxS4g0Usch

 


 

 

|| Intro: Byun Baekhyun||

 

~*~

 

My name is Byun Baekhyun and I'm what they call average. My eyes and hair are a typical brown and my height is nothing extraordinary. 

I'm similar to what they call a Post-it. Although I'm needed by everyone, I'm not anything particularly special. 

My name is Byun Baekhyun and I'm extraordinarily ordinary. Even my name is particularly common.

Nothing but a Post-it boy. 

Until I met Park Chanyeol.

 

 

~*~

 

|| Post-It||

 

 

Mondays aren't exactly calm- per se - and the streets of downtown Seoul are bustling during the morning rush.

In a cafe situated in one of the busiest part's of the city is Byun Baekhyun- standing in line behind the grumpiest looking people who have yet to get their coffee fix. These people are dressed in fancy suits that cost more than Baekhyun's life's savings and Baekhyun stands between them-

but he doesn't stick out among them.

Baekhyun is dresssed in a button up that's a size too big and a pair of faded slacks that he's had since early uni-days. He looks more or less like a college student- not a post-grad employed adult- except he blends with the background more so than anyone else. 

His hair is a simple chocolate brown that has way too many split ends and his honey-brown eyes are hidden too well by the thick black frames that sit on his nose. 

He doesn't stick out and the reaffrimation of this statement is given when someone cuts in front of him as if he wasn't even standing there.

To the rest of the world- he's not even there.

The words that any normal person would've voiced- words like 'hey, i'm standing right here' or 'I was in line first'- get stuck in his throat and the male can only frown when his eyes flicker down to his wristwatch. He's going to be late, but hopefully the others won't be too upset at him. 

When it's his turn to finally order, Baekhyun pulls out the array of colored sticky notes to make sure he doesn't miss a drink or pastry. He doesn't want anyone to be upset or feel left out. Especially not on a Monday when the whole staff is preparing for a long day after the weekend.

"Ah, Byun-Baek. Running errands again, I see." The man behind the counter is Kim Minseok, the man who's coffee is what drives most people in seoul to drive forty minutes for a tall cup of steaming, hot coffee. 

Kim Minseok is everything Baekhyun had wanted to be- handsome, poliet, charming, friendly, captivating- his perfect hair is slicked back, showcasing his sparkling eyes and perfect face. Even the way Minseok quirks his lips in a smile is perfect and Baekhyun is nothing but envious. 

"Yeah," Baekhyun laughs, flashing a warm smile similar to the one that Minseok greeted him with. ", I was already on my way. So, it's just easier for me to grab it."

"You're too kind, Byun-Baek. But, I suppose that's the special thing about you. Go ahead and grab a quick seat. I'll prepare everything and give you my special Minnie-Discount, okay?"

Minseok smiles, plucking the Post-its from Baekhyun's hands because he has always been particularly kind to the shorter male and he's gone before Baekhyun can object.

In the minutes it takes Minseok to gather everything for the huge order, Baekhyun catches his breath. Truthfully, the cafe detours him about twenty minutes from his job, but he's never minded. It's not so bad and this way, it's better for everyone. Plus, he gets to see Minseok- who has become a close friend over the years.

It's a quater till 9 when Minseok finally hands all the coffee trays and pastry boxes to Baekhyun. "Do you need any help with all of this to your car? I don't mind stepping out and helping for a bit. I'm sure Sullie can handle the shop for a couple minutes."

That's the thing about Minseok- even if he's everything Baekhyun's not, there's no way that Baekhyun could even think of disliking the older male because he's always shown a hand of kindness. 

"No, it's quite alright hyung, " Baekhyun beams, thin lips curling over his teeth. ", I've got it, but thank you so much! I've gotta run, but we'll catch up next time, Minseok-hyung! Thank you!"

 

Baekhyun is out the door almost as quickly as he came, waving haphazardly at Minseok before rushing to his car with as much caution for the coffee as posisble. There's no doubt that he'll be late. He can only hope that the elevator line isn't as long as it is on most Mondays.

When Baekhyun arrives, a sob of relief almost slips past his lips as he sees the last group of people boarding the elevator, but the time to celebrate is cut short as he shuffles quickly to squeeze into the tightly packed bodies- he doesnt' want to wait another five to ten minutes. The grunts and complaints that are thrown at him are rapid and all he can do is flash a bright smile while apologize as much as possible. 

This is a daily occurance and all Baekhyun can do is smile. Always smile.

"Good Morning, Baekhyun," The familiar voice draws Baekhyun mid-apology to the man who's squished right behind him. A quick glance over his shoulder and Baekhyun meets a pair of soft eyes.

Lu Han is one of the top Lawyers that Kim's Firm has and happens to be the one man Baekhyun melts into a puddle for. It's only because the older male  is the epitome of every women's dream- and,well, Baekhyun's too.

 Lu Han isn't too tall or too short, but rather has a nice height and a perfectly tone build. His skin is porcelin like- a nice light color in contrast to the sickly pale color of Baekhyun's own skin- and his honey-blonde hair curls around his soft jaw-line perfectly. His lips are a light pink and are pretty thin while his voice is loud enough to be heard, but quiet enough to be gentle. 

But it isn't just looks. Lu Han is intellegent and treats everyone well. More importantly- he's one of the few that acknowledges Baekhyun's presence and smiles at the shorter male whenever he get's the chance. 

It's no different in the elevator and the soft smile Lu Han is giving him results in a soft pink that dusts his cheeks. The slight pouding of his heart picks up in his ears and Baekhyun has to mentally scold himself into speaking over his nervousness. 

"G-Good Morning, Lu Han-sunbae." The way Baekhyun's voice cracked is almost cringeworthy and if he weren't in an elevator full of people who know him- and if his hands weren't full - he'd probably slap himself for looking like such a fool in  front of someone like Lu Han. 

The frown Lu Han's lips pull into is playful as he lightly taps Baekhyun on the nose and the squeak that leave's Baekhyun's mouth is one he swears was involuntary. Lu Han looks down at Baekhyun with a fond look in his eyes before he swipes half the stuff out of Baekhyun's hands before the shorter male could object.

"Lemme help carry some stuff. What did I tell you about calling me sunbae? Hyung, Ge, or even just Lu will work. No need to be so informal. We've been friends for two years now, Baekhyun. You can speak comfortably with me." 

Baekhyun can definetly feel the blush work it's way up to his ears as he flashes Lu Han a grateful, shy smile. "S-Sorry, Lu-hyung."

"That's more like it. By the way, you should really tell everyone to stop making you run these ridiculous errands. It hurts my heart to see you running around like this all the time. " 

The elevator dings and Baekhyun steps out from the mass of people along with Lu Han onto the 3rd floor where Baekhyun's cubicle is.

"It's okay, really, hyung. I-I don't mind. I was already out and on my way. It's no problem at all," Baekhyun smiles, but Lu Han looks a little hesitant to believe him.",by the way, do you want one? I have an extra cup."

Lu Han practically beams before taking one of the cups out of a tray and Baekhyun swoons- internally of course. " Can I really? Thank you, my dongsaeng."

My Dongsaeng... Baekhyun's heart flutters and it's almost painful. "I-It's no problem. You helped me carry some things. It's the least I can do."

It happens to quickly and in seconds, Lu Han is a step closer- just a simple inch away and Baekhyun feels like he's stopped breathing as he stares into the soft doe eyes that are looking down at him. He feels the soft brush of skin agains his ear and it takes him a second to register that Lu Han just brushed loose strands out of his eyes. The pounding in Baekhyun's ears is sickingly loud and the crush Baekhyun's been nursing for months now practically sings. 

"You're cute," Lu Han says and too quickly does he step back as Baekhyun stares at him in a daze. That did not just happen.... Lu Han returns the drinks and pastries as Baekhyun stares on a little numbly. "Ah, I'm already late for my meeting with Mr.Kim. There's a problem with a Chinese contracting company and they want me to lead it. I better get going if I'm the main star for this one. Thank you for the coffee, dongsangie. I'll see you later!" 

Baekhyun watches as Lu Han disappears into the elevator with a handsome smile on his lips and seconds tick by before he's even able to pull himself together.

Quickly, Baekhyun begins his way around the third floor- from the front to the back- passsing out all the individual orders that he picked up. Little thanks are given, but Baekhyun just feels relief in the smiles on his coworkers face after recieving their coffees and snacks. It takes a grand total of ten minutes to make sure everyone's gotten what they ordererd and Baekhyun's all too grateful to sink into his office chair even if it's not the softest thing in the world.

You're Cute.

Lu Han's voice rings in Baekhyun's head in the seconds he uses to catch his breath and the all too familiar flutter starts up in his chest again. It's not like Baekhyun can help it- Lu Han is just...well, he's Lu Han. Perfectly perfect, impossible amazing and even Baekhyun wonders what it'd be like to date the older male. However, Baekhyun knows that he's not anywhere close to what Lu Han deserves and the sad truth of it all is that he'll probably never be close. So all he can do is think of thin, petal pink lips and soft doe eyes.

Crushes were never easy.

Not for a person like Baekhyun.

Never for a person like Baekhyun. 

 

"Byun! Can you get the files I printed from the printer room on the fifth floor? The one in our room is broken!"

 

"Hey Baek, did you happen to get those case files I asked for yesterday?"

 

"Byun, can you deliever these files to Mr.Choi before the evening is over?"

 

"Byun, can you go pick up a package from the service desk and give it to Kyuhyun before lunch?"

 

"Hey, Byun, for lunch can you grab a couple trays from the chinese resturant down the street?"
 

 

 Like every other day, the requests come filing in on the ever-so-colorful post-it notes that his coworkers stick onto his computer or white board as they pass by his cubicle. Baekhyun watches with a smile on his face as coworker after coworker leaves a miniscle task on the colorful pieces of paper that begin to cover his desk area.

This is Byun Baekhyun's life and he's so painfully aware of it as he sees the many Post-Its.

He is a Post-it boy after all and that's his role in the company.

A role that is needed, but not considered important enough.

Baekhyun pulls his lips into a wider smile as he rolls up the sleeves of his button up. He can do this. If anyone can do it, it's him.

 

"Okay, no problem!"

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

Lunch break is practicaly god-send. The aches in Baekhyun's feet has been there for hours and he's grateful to have the last fifteen minutes of his hour break to himself. The second floor break room is practically empty and Baekhyun doesn't hesitate to curl up onto the sofa that's situated by the vending machines that eat change rather than dispensing things to eat.

Just for a little bit- he'll close his eyes just for a little bit. Atleast, that's what Baekhyun told himself before the break room door swings open, startling him until he slipped off the couch and collided with the tile floors.

"Ouch!" Baekhyun groans. A boney shoulder and hard tile isn't a good combination.

"Oh, Baek, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!"

Baekhyun is pulled up from the floor by soft,gentle hands and he comes face to face with none other than his coworker and childhood best friend- "Yixing, must you always enter a room carelessly like that?"

The older male knows that Baekhyun's jab is nothing but playful and a small grin is flashed his way. 

Zhang Yi Xing is Baekhyun's childhood best friend and the one Baekhyun goes to for everything. They've been friends for as long as he can remember, having met the older male through one of his Grandma's friend's daughter back when they used to live in Wando. Yi Xing was always kind and never stopped being an angel even as he got older. He's been there through everything- the loss of Baekhyun's grandma and dad, moving to Seoul, and all the struggles of life- and Baekhyun doesn't think there could ever be anyone closer to him than Yi Xing.

Yi Xing stood just a couple inches above Baekhyun- his body was well toned from years of dancing and he only matured handsomly. His black hair fell just a little below his ears and the dimples on the sides of his smiles were killer.

Truth be told, Baekhyun thinks he saved a country in his past life to be able to deserve such a friend like Yi Xing (but Yi Xing thinks he's silly and constantly reminds him that it's not what's on the outside that determines a good friend, but on the inside).

"I came to find you because they're going to announce the winner!" Yi Xing practically beams and Baekhyun only looks at him in confusion as the taller male struggles to pull him from the sancuary that is the second floor break room. 

"What do you mean 'winner'?"

"The monthly raffle! For the trip to vegas! I don't wanna miss it, so we have to hurry!"

"But-" Baekhyun tries to interject, but when Yi Xing's excited about something, nothing can break through him.

That's how Baekhyun finds himself spending the last fifteen minutes of his break in yet another large mass of coworkers infront of Mr.Kim- the firm's owner and boss. Baekhyun wants to sneak away back into the break room because he knows that luck is never really on his side and the odds of him winning are next to none. There's no point in being there and Baekhyun just wants a few minutes to rest his feet and maybe snack on a quick granola bar. 

"So, I'm sure you are all excited for the raffle this month. I will not prolong it any longer. As stated previously, the two winners gets tickets to a four days-three nights all-expense paid trip to Vegas. " Mr.Kim states and the crowd practically buzzes with excitments as his assistant, Mr.Choi, holds out a huge silver bowl with nothing but folded picces of papers that no doubtly carries the names of all the employees.

"The suspense is killing me." Yi Xing whispers harshly and Baekhyun simply laughs because Yi Xing would choose now of all times to whisper. Mr.Kim shuffles the paper around more and Yi Xing decides that it's better to squeeze the life out of Baekhyun rather than waiting like a normal person. 

A minute after causing everyone stress from waiting, Mr.Kim plucks a neatly folded paper from the bunch and the whispers die down significantly as the older man clears his throat. Baekhyun really wants a granola bar right about now, but there's no way he can slip from Yi Xing's strong-hold.

"The first winner of the Vegas trip.........."

"Please,oh please, please, please..." Yi Xing chants, eyes squeezed shut in prayer and Baekhyun pats his best friend on the head because times like this Baekhyun can't help but think that Yi Xing's greatest charm is his cuteness.

"Oh this is a surprise." Mr.Kim says after unfolding the paper.

 

Suddenly,their eyes meet and Baekhyun can't help the knowing feeling that surges through him.

 

It can't be.....?

 

"The first winner of the Vegas trip is Byun Baekhyun."

 

What....what...what.. "What?" Baekhyun gapes- a little dumbly.

 

"Oh. My.God. Baek." Yi Xing breathes.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, please step forward to collect your prize."

 

Baekhyun's never really won anything in his entire life and he's not exactly sure how to function at first.

 

"Baek, it's fate!" Yi Xing almost screams, shoving Baekhyun forward with a hand on the small of his back. Baekhyun slowly makes his way to the front in careful, measured steps because the fact that he won a trip- when he hasn't even stepped foot in America before- still hasn't sunk in and he doesn't even notice Mr.Kim pull out the second piece of paper by the time he's made it up to the front.

 

"The second winner of the trip is..........Lu Han."

 

The fluttering picks up like wind on a fresh, spring day the moment Lu Han's eyes meet Baekhyun's and maybe-

 

-just maybe this is fate.

 

 

~*~


 

||Author's Note||: Hey, so I've had this idea for a while and was like 'meh, why not start it now'. So, here's my twist on the ever so popular 'Fated To Love You' (which was an amazing drama, right next to Marriage, Not Dating). Obviously, LuhanXBaekhyun is not how the story goes down, but his true personality will be revealed in the next chapter ;) and chanyeolie comes in. Thank you to everyone who subscribed, upvotes, and comments! i appreciate it, you guys motivate me to keep writing!

 

Stay tuned, 

Seunsangie.

jh_leegeon_mimi1.gif