Number 59, up the hill.

Muse

"Late again?" Baekhyun gives Kyungsoo a side glance and nod as he types away. Kyungsoo sinks into the seat and lets out breath. 

"Missed my train," Kyungsoo whispers back and gets out his writing pad and pen.

"Fifth time this month already, don't you sleep or something?" Kyungsoo really admires, and envies, Baekhyun's multitasking skill; he can really keep up a conversation while listening and making notes. Kyungsoo can't though, so he just mumbles that he has to eat, and begins jotting down keypoints from the slide in confusion.

Forty minutes and much less confusion, on Kyungsoo's part, later, they unpack out of the lecture theatre. 

"Man that was one lecture I didn't have to stress about being late too. The Simpsons and Lion King..." Kyungsoo sighs and chuckles. 

"Dude, don't mock my childhood, it hurts," Baekhyun agonises and clutches his chest. They laugh. 

"You know the really loud roommate that I was telling you about, he's moving out with his girlfriend tomorrow. D'you want the spare room?" Baekhyun gives Kyungsoo a look. "I really don't want Chanyeol to bring one of his alternative music friends again."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and sighs. "You only want me because I'm not gonna throw up on your pink rug."

"It was purple, thanks. And so fluffy..." Baekhyun presses his lips together and huffs. "It's not like your location is exactly terrific either, you're always late."

"But I like my mum's cooking."

"But you cook just as well. And you said you didn't make many friends last year because you lived at home. I think you're arguing a losing case- if you're arguing."

Kyungsoo chuckles. "Damn you law students."

Baekhyun gives his shoulder a squeeze. "Or maybe I'm just right. Tell me what you think, I'll see you later."

Kyungsoo nods and waves as they part ways.

 

12:43 Kyungsoo: What's your address again? 

12:48 Baekhyun: 59, just up the hill. House tour after your last lecture?

12:50 Kyungsoo: Depends. You got booze there? :p

12:50 Baekhyun: Yep. You buyin it on the way there.

12: 51 Kyungsoo: Haha, c u at 4.

 

"Yo Soosoo," Chanyeol calls out from his doorway, after pushing himself on the deskchair there. "Longtime no see."

"Heya," Kyungsoo waves. "Baekhyun showed me your song. It's good."

"What? Baekhyun doing something nice for me?" Chanyeol grabs his guitar and strums estatically. "You keep sellin' it, Baek."

Baekhyun snorts and waves him off. "It's the only decent thing you've written this year man, get to work."

Pouting, Chanyeol slides himself on the chair back into the room and the other two head down the corridor. 

"I hope he's cleaned everything up," Baekhyun mumbles and throws the last door open. "This is- was, Kangin's room."

"It's bigger than my room at room." Kyungsoo nods and steps in to take a good look. "I like the high ceiling too."

Baekhyun follows suite and grins. "This place is actually pretty good. It's got the age if you're into that sort of thing, from the outside, but inside it's patched up to date and if you know how to decorate it a bit, is totally dope, if I do say so myself."

"Please stop selling Mr.Byun, I'm no customer," Kyungsoo replies grimly with a professional head shake. They often liked to get dramatic on each other.

"You ," Baekhyun breathes and swats at Kyungsoo's hair. "I'll be in the kitchen eating when you're done measuring the dust content."

Kyungsoo is left alone to wander around the room of boxes. He pulls open the curtain, and sighs. So much for the large window, all that he could see was the adjacent building and their windows which seemed to be no more than 3 metres away. How claustrophobic.

The window directly opposite his suddenly lights up, and Kyungsoo in reaction or panic, pulls the curtain shut. 

He gives the room a last look and closes the door. Maybe he oughta move anyway. He was getting up at 7 every morning get to lectures at 10 and he had to stay until 7 in the evening once a week. It would be much more convenient. And he can afford it too, with his part-time job with the student magazine and study loan. Time is worth it; time is everything.  

Kyungsoo takes a drink from the glass baekhyun had poured ready for him, and edges himself onto the bar stool. He smiles at Baekhyun, who was eyeing him from behind a bowl of chips. 

"So, when do I move in?"