Final

Chasing hackers

Working for a big time underground mafia group wasn’t that easy, especially when you’re someone like Dongwoo, the oh-so-famous assassin of WonMil mafia out there, in his generation. Dongwoo entered the organization when he reached his twenty. He graduated high school and started joining illegal things.   Everybody adored the young lad. The way he walks, the way he talks, the way he would finish off a mission in one quick snap and the way he would kill mercilessly as if he was not a human being at all. Well, it was already planted inside him; he is an assassin after all, a born killer.  

All of his commandants once asked him if he wanted to be in as the same position as them, but Dongwoo always refused—reasoning that he doesn’t deserve the said position and much likely preferred to follow orders. He, however, takes part when was asked to lead a certain mission and it stops there.  

But nobody knows the real Dongwoo; how much he had cursed his job, how he had blamed his father for making him join the group, how he had hated his mother for letting him go and carry a gun at the young age of fifteen—he hated it all. He wished he can turn back time and live a normal life. But then he can’t do that. It’s impossible to turn back now especially when you’re Dongwoo, the most respected assassin of the famous mafia union here in Korea.  

Dongwoo was stern and, well, serious. He isn’t the type of guy you wanted to make jokes with. The guy won’t even give a damn reaction if you tried throwing one of your lamest blab. You barely see the guy’s smile or even utter out a word. You are lucky enough to see his shadow wandering at nights (or at daytime) when a mission is being given down.  

He isn’t that scary at all or creepy at that fact. He was just quiet and a total somber. When he’s not doing some random missions, he would lock himself inside his room doing nothing but sleep and, more sleep. You may see him sometimes at the information room doing random scans about guns and famous people needs to be killed and things alike. And that’s that.  

Dongwoo hated his job but what makes him hate it most is he can’t let go of it even if he wanted to. It’s like this killing thing was already a part of him. And one thing he needed the most is someone to make him let it go.  

He thought that being an assassin was a bore as hell but he thought wrong. In fact when his father gave him his new mission after a couple of months doing nothing but plenty research, he smirked evilly and promised that he would finish the whole damn thing in less than a week.  

“Aren’t you a bit over confident?” his father asked amused at what had Dongwoo just said. “Less than a week? Son, this isn’t a normal killing task. You are going to spy on your victim and find out his connections. You’re not cracking a joke out here,” the older guy chuckled and Dongwoo narrowed his eyes at him.  

Who says I’m joking?  

Yesung coughed and stared at his father instead. “Anyway, as you were saying, what should I do about this Mr. Hacker guy?”  

The guy next to his father laid a folder full of files. Dongwoo assumed that all of these are files about the lucky victim. He flipped the folder open and stood flabbergasted at what he saw. Who knew that the one he would be spying is a young guy (Dongwoo even mistaken him as a kid) who has a warm smile, cute features and smooth skin.  

“Jung…Jinyoung,” Dongwoo mumbled. Well for a threat to the group that his father was saying, a picture of a young lad didn’t pop inside his mind. He was more of thinking an old man doing nothing but devotes into hacking and cracking passwords through the World Wide Web.  

Dongwoo scanned the entire file: Living on his own, both of his parents died in a car accident. Have no siblings or any connection to his remaining relatives. Studies at Korea University major in Music and taking Computer engineering as his minor course…lives at a small apartment two blocks away from school, what kind of information are these? Dongwoo thought as he scans the whole paper.  

To be given this kind of a mission Dongwoo knows that this is a big hit. And he fought the urge grin widely in front of his boss. Well, this is a task and he has no other job but to follow orders.  

“Two months,” his father said, “I’ll give you two months and be sure to take as much information we needed from him. Steal all the files he has been hacking. Find out what companies he’s been digging to and clear all the caches. ”  

Dongwoo looked at him and nodded in agreement. “Make it a month.” Dongwoo replied but his father knows best.  

“No, I know you’ll be having a hard time to deal with such a target.”  

Dongwoo let out a deep sigh. He grabbed the file and brought it close to him. He would read all the files about this Jinyoung and prepared himself for this new important mission. He turned around, bid good night and closed the door.  

Jung Jinyoung, he thought as he walked towards his room.  

—  

It was a fine sunny day whenDongwoo decided to start the mission. He took a stroll outside the dorm and went directly to the school where the Jinyoung kid is studying. Across the street, Dongwoo waited patiently and leaned against the near post. He scanned the whole place. It was still and peaceful.  

The school bell rang and it made Dongwoo stood straight and searched for his target. To his right and to his left, Dongwoo scanned the whole place but didn’t find anything or someone in that matter that resembles the hacker guy.  

“Channie-ah,” a voice, deep and calming, said. Dongwoo jerked his head up and went looking for the owner of the sweet tangy yet rich voice. He looked at the front of the gate and saw Jinyoung with an average, tall guy with wonderful black curly hair.  

“What is it, hyung?” the latter asked.  

Dongwoo continued to observe. He quirked his eyebrows up and watched the two from a distance.  

“I was wondering if I can borrow some of the games you had promised to me the past week. My hands are itching to get a hold of those babies, did you bring them?” Jinyoung asked, pleaded actually, with his puppy eyes and Chansik can’t help but groan.  

“But I haven’t even played with them,” Chansik whined.  

“But you promised!” Jinyoung retorted. Chansik sighed and tackled Jinyoung’s sides. Jinyoung let out a laugh but grimaced at him and smiled.  

“Ask Junghwan-hyung about the game consoles I got just a week ago. He kept it from me since I’ve been slacking off from my studies. He’ll give it to you.” Chansik replied as he shrugged the older boy off. “I need to go to work, so see you.”  

Dongwoo looked from a distance as the two students talk. He smiled as he saw the red hair boy pouted his lips in a minute and let out a cheery smile. He didn’t know what drove him to, but he did anyway and started staring at Jinyoung for sometime. He find the little guy adorable and – he shook his head. He must focus on the job. He’s an enemy to the group and yet why he must be this alluring?  

 —

It was five in the afternoon when Dongwoo was still busy following JInyoung. The younger boy entered a small restaurant and Dongwoo stood amazed. The thin boy (with perfectly foxlike eyes) is just charming and bright (even if he doesn’t do anything that much). He greeted almost everyone (literally everyone, even the owner’s pet dog knows him). He went to the counter and grabbed the plastic bag that contains his supper for tonight.  

When he’d finished chatting, Jinyoung went to a children’s playground to buy some ice cream and munched on it in delightfully. Dongwoo who was hiding behind some bushes smiled as some of the vanilla ice cream stained his rosy cheeks.  

The older guy sighed when Jinyoung had finally called it a day. After visiting Junghwan’s house and getting what he wants (the consoles and fought for a bag of chips), he decided to go home and take his rest.  

As Jinyoung took a turn at the ninth alley they had passed, the younger boy suddenly quickened his pace and Dongwoo let out a growl as it seems that he lose track of the victim. He dashed as quickly as he could to find the younger boy.  

“Where could he be?” Dongwoo growled. He was now at the middle of nowhere. The side he had luckily fallen into seems perilous and too quiet. He turned around to look for the younger boy but he can’t see any living out of it.  

He sighed and turned his heels. He called it a day as well and started walking back to his home. Decided that he can still continue his spying tomorrow, Dongwoo heaved his shoulders down and scratched the back of his neck.  

Unbeknownst to him, Jinyoung was hiding behind some trash cans by the street. He stood up as he heard Dongwoo’s footsteps lingered far away from him. He quirked up and sighed. His heart won’t stop beating fast and his hands turned sweaty from the intense feeling he had just encounter.  

“Who could that be?” he asked himself as he walked at the other end of the road, careful not to be seen by the guy who had just been following him the whole day.

The next day, Dongwoo came back again. This time he waited at the near café and busied himself sipping his hot tea. He was wearing white polo shirt and blue-faded jeans to look seemingly normal.  

He tilted his head to his side as he saw Jinyoung coming out from the school carrying tons of paperwork and a laptop. Chansik as well as Junghwan (Dongwoo had learned them in just one meeting) were behind him carrying same stuff, too.

  Jinyoung parted ways with them and started walking towards the café Dongwoo is at. Dongwoo jerked up and sat straight. Now is my chance, Yesung thought, he then stood up and walked near the front door and opened the glass door just for the approaching younger boy.  

Jinyoung smiled as Dongwoo made way for him. Dongwoo gestured Jinyoung to take a seat with him at the center of the shop under a big swirling fan. Jinyoung looked at him cautiously but nodded appealingly and laid carefully the paperwork atop the table.  

“Thanks,” Jinyoung muttered, as Dongwoo helped him sit on the comfy chair.  

“No problem,” Dongwoo replied as he sat on the opposite chair and looked at the younger boy.  

“My name’s Dongwoo,” the older guy started, showing off one of his seductive smiles behind the frame glasses at the younger boy who let out a small blush and smiled back and replied, “I’m Jung Jinyoung, student.”  

Dongwoo smiled and leaned against the chair. Bringing the cup near his lips, he scanned the whole package right in front of him. He really can’t believe that this young lad in front of him is a big threat to the whole mafia clan. Looks can really be deceiving just like what they say.  

To start out, Jinyoung is still a kid who’s into hacking and cracking private files. Next, the younger boy looks so boring and the closest hobby Dongwoo can think of related to him is tea. And he looked like he will cry when you suddenly tries to pinch his cute perfect little nose. Dongwoo was mesmerized at the boy before him, he had to admit. He really can’t believe that the one he’s sitting with is a very dangerous person.  

The younger boy bowed and handed out back the menu. “Thank you.” Jinyoung answered as he opened the laptop before him and scanned the pile of papers near him.  

“You’re new here,” the younger boy stuttered, eyes focused on what he was doing and Dongwoo sat there dumbfounded at how fast the younger boy’s fingers were.  

“Yeah, just got in this part of town, I guess.” The older guy replied, pushing the frame atop the bridge of his nose. He’s amused at how quick Jinyoung scanned the screen before him. Now, Dongwoo believes that this younger boy is a real threat to their company. And he only has two months to steal the information that will help the whole mafia clan be saved from law.  

The waiter approached their table and laid the sweet pastry and hot chocolate drink the younger boy ordered. Dongwoo sat comfortably at his chair figuring out how to start a seemingly normal conversation. Jinyoung munched the treat happily as he lifted some files and encoded it to his laptop.  

Jinyoung observed the guy through the corner of his eyes. Well, Dongwoo has this bright aura that attracts him. The stern smile, the deep brown orbs that can kill as it stare behind the glasses, and those cherry like lips that look so tempting- Jinyoung gulped. He did not just thought of that, did he? Is he even allowed to do that?  

“So, what course are you taking?” Dongwoo asked making Jinyoung fall into reality again.  

“Music,” the younger boy replied focusing his attention back to his laptop. “And minor in Computer engineering.”  

Dongwoo nodded and crossed his legs as peeked at his wristwatch and looked back at the younger boy who had finally done with encoding some parts of the file. He closed his laptop shut and leaned against the chair.  

“Done already?” Dongwoo asked quite amazed at how fast Jinyoung was. He received a wide grimace from the latter and nodded proudly.  

“I just needed to encode little parts, so yeah, I’m done.” Jinyoung replied taking a drink from his cup.  

Dongwoo didn’t know what had gotten into him. Blame Jinyoung for what had caused him to do this but it just did. The older guy leaned closer and wiped the chocolate stain that covered the corners of Jinyoung’s lips. The younger boy blushed and looked baffled. He stared at the older guy’s eyes.  

Before he made another deadly and sinful move, Dongwoo quickly backed up and cleared his throat. “There was a… chocolate stain,” the older guy muttered feeling his cheeks rising up its color from white pale to warm taint of red.  

Dongwoo sighed as he listened to Jinyoung’s sweet chatters and tales of stories that made him shut and drifted off.  

This mission isn’t going to flow so easily, Dongwoo thought bitterly.  

“Dongwoo-hyung?” JInyoung said surprised one night when Dongwoo appeared right in front of the school gates.  

It has been a week already and Dongwoo still hasn’t gotten much information needed his father wants. Well he didn’t know that it was this hard. Finding a way to get some information at that precious laptop is hard, especially when he’s dealing with a cute, ever silent yet playful guy named Jinyoung.  

“It’s late, why are you still in school?” the older guy asked holding an umbrella. It was raining so hard and Jinyoung was soaking wet right in front of the latter.  

Jinyoung beamed out his gummy smile and shook his wet red hair. Dongwoo laughed and placed the umbrella atop the other guy. “You’re going to catch cold,” he said and Jinyong let out a small laugh.  

“But I’m already wet,” he snickered.  

“I should send you home,” Dongwoo said and Jinyoung looked up at him blushing furiously. He shook his head and brought his hands up shaking them as well.  

Dongwoo smiled and took one of Jinyoung’s thin cold hands with his, “No, I insist,” he said and Jinyoung can’t help but blush and agree at the older guy.  

The two of them started walking across the road to where Jinyoung’s house is. Dongwoo brought the younger boy closer to him as they walk, their hands still linked. Afraid that Jinyoung might get wet even more; Dongwoo tangled his arms around the younger boy’s waist and continued walking.  

The younger boy blushed and can’t help but keep his heart, with all his best, to stop beating so loud and fast. Dongwoo might hear his thumping sounds so he breathed in deeply and continued walking as well.  

“How was school?” Dongwoo asked as they walk past the play-park.  

Jinyoung smiled acting like a kid and swayed their hands together. “It was fun, but I still need to write some songs for an entry to the festival and some encoding,” he narrated as he splashed on some water on a shallow part of the road.  

“Encoding?” the older guy asked feeling the little hands slip from his cold ones. He grip onto them tightly as if afraid that he might lose Jinyoung.  

He took another splash and smiled, “Yeah, I need to encode some files.” Dongwoo nodded, totally interested on what Jinyoung has just said.  

“We’re here,” the younger boy beamed brightly tugging Dongwoo’s hand. “It’s a bit small and untidy, so please bear with it,” he said shyly and Dongwoo smiled assuring him it is fine.

Inside the little apartment, Dongwoo smiled. The look of Jinyoung’s apartment was really adorable and, true, it is small but pure white clean. The kitchen at the other side of the room and the bed just across it, the bathroom is located near the dining table so you can really think that JInyoung’s apartment is like a small room divided into parts.  

He laid the umbrella on the near counter and took off his shoes. He was not that wet compared to the younger man but still, he felt so cold and sticky.  

The younger boy locked the door and took off his shoes as well. Compared to the other guy, Jinyoung is soaking wet. He managed to let a small sneeze and rubbed his nose.  

“Take a warm bath, before your cold worsens,” Dongwoo advised. The redhead boy pouted his lips and nodded. Obeying the older guy, he rushed towards the bathroom door. Dongwoo looked at him blankly and the little boy stuck his tongue out teasingly.  

“Just turn on the t.v or do something,” Jinyoung snickered childishly before going inside the bathroom and closing it carefully.  

Dongwoo did as he told but instead on watching on some random shows, he started looking for files, evidences, paperwork, anything that will help him lead into what he is looking. He swung the drawers carefully and scanned it whole. Some clothes, quiz papers, hard drives, USB’s, cords… and a photo album.  

Intrigued at the kid, the guy got a hold of the photo file and sat at the bed. He smiled as he flipped the book open. Pictures of Jinyoung and his family surprised him. A picture of the latter, around five or six years, carrying an ice cream and it delighted.  

Dongwoo’s smile got wider as he sees the picture of a crying Jinyoung. The kid was holding a big teddy bear near him. He lingers his eyes around and find Jinyoung more and more adorable.  

He scanned the whole photo book until he was about to reach the last page. He notices that the more he flipped through the pages, Jinyoung’s smiles continued to fade and of course the more picture of him being alone.  

He frowned as he reached the last picture. The picture of Jinyoung putting up a wide grin, holding a bouquet of lilies was found at the second to the last page. But what made him frown was not the fake smile the latter was showing off, but the tears that stained his face. Dongwoo guessed that the picture might have been taken when his parents died. And somewhat inside his heart, he felt that he didn’t like seeing the younger boy in pain, in tears.  

He heard the door clicked open and as quickly as he could, he placed the photo file back where it was and sat up straight.  

The younger boy went out the bathroom fully dressed into grey loose shirt and black shorts. A towel on his head and believe it or not, Dongwoo can’t take his eyes off the freshly bathe boy.  

“What’s for dinner?” Dongwoo asked instead looking everywhere but Jinyoung.  

Jinyoung shuddered his hair with a towel and tilted his head. “Oh, right. Help me prepare?”  

“What are those?” Dongwoo asked as he sat beside Jinyoung on the bench one fine Sunday afternoon.  

It’s been a week and a half already since the two met. And luckily Dongwoo has been awfully successful into gathering data and well, stealing some files from Jinyoung’s program. He managed to steal a certain file including debts and payments that were collected from a couple of banks in Korea one night when Jinyoung had left his laptop on and went to buy some food.  

Still, the most important thing that he must crack was the passwords and sensitive files Jinyoung has. It includes passages and codes that will help the whole mafia union enter the government’s base. And of course he needs to get some private files Jinyoung managed to steal from their base a couple of times ago.  

Jinyoung looked at his sides first before leaning close to the older guy and whispered, “I… I hacked these files from an underground club,” Dongwoo acting oblivious of what he knows, opened his eyes wide and looked at him.  

“You know how to hack programs?” Dongwoo asked acting in pure disbelief.  

Jinyoung nodded sipping his melon soda, “Well, it’s pure secret, so don’t ever tell it to anyone! Or else the law might capture me,” he stated happily.  

Dongwoo stared at him deeply before nodding. He continued to run his slender fingers across the keyboard and type as fast as he could. Letters and codes appeared on the screen and somehow, Dongwoo can manage to read some of it.  

“I know that club.” Dongwoo stuttered. “Is it the club that sells pots and to some youngsters?” He asked knowing that this club is one of their branches.  

Jinyoung gulped and looked at him. “How did you know, do you know how to hack, too? Only hackers can read such codes,” h asked amazed.  

Dongwoo tensed and shook his head, “No… I- I just know some things.” So much for wrong move.  

Jinyoung let out a low ‘oh’ and stood up placing the laptop on the bench. “I’m just going to buy some ice cream.” He explained as he dashed quickly near an ice cream truck leaving a thunderstruck Dongwoo.  

And as soon the latter disappeared, Dongwoo grabbed his flash drive and placed the laptop on his laps and started copying Jinyoung’s files. He cracked the system code that needed passwords and get the sensitive file from the said night club. Well, he can’t just really let Jinyoung get these things so better copy them and save one of their connections.  

He managed to find the last important file he needed and in one quick click he copied them all. From the secret passwords of each government department and headquarters up until to everyone’s bio data, Dongwoo copied them all in ten seconds. The next and final thing to be corrupted was the data the younger boy hacked from the mafia clan.  

Dongwoo entered the needed password and in a swift moment, he luckily copied the file and managed to delete all the files in Jinyoung’s laptop and making it all clean. But he did sure leave a back up file so that he won’t notice that some files of his gone missing.  

“Eh?” Jinyoung popped out carrying a sugar cone with three scopes of vanilla ice cream. “What happened?” he asked as he sat beside Dongwoo and looked at his now turned off laptop.  

“Batteries went out,” Dongwoo explained as he shut the laptop close and placed it inside Jinyoung’s bag.  

The younger boy nodded and his ice cream. “Want some?” he offered as he pressed the ice cream in front of Dongwoo’s face and the latter on it and enjoyed the cold feeling.  

Sometimes, Dongwoo regretted that he accepted this mission. He’s now confused on whether to continue fooling Jinyoung and act so innocent even though the truth is Dongwoo’s target is to destroy him.

  He likes Jinyoung’s smiles, sweet glances and cute antics. His thoughtful gestures and innocent pleads. And it pained him big time that he must stick on his plan and corrupt what Jinyoung has. And right now, he started doubting himself if he can still continue doing this lame mission, if he can still continue putting on a mask and destroy Jinyoung slowly yet surely.  

If only he can turn back in time and refuse to this offer, then he would gladly do. But then he wouldn’t meet Jinyoung.

A month has passed already and luckily, Jinyoung hadn’t done anything stupid so far. He didn’t hack into their files again unlike what he usually does for the past years.  

Jinyoung isn’t really the kind of guy who’s into doing illegal things yet, this is one of his great ability so he just hacked into them and discovered things that he knows he shouldn’t be doing. But it helped him earn money. It helped him feed himself by just doing things like hacking and cracking sensitive files no other person can do.  

He discovered his ability in hacking one time when his parents asked him to read on files that will help him discover some passages into the new town. Since everything is basically computer-controlled, it had been a great help for him. His parents one said that he can use that talent and do something out of it, but he’s not quite sure if hacking and working for others resembles just like what he is doing.  

He sat comfortably on his couch one night and scanned his files. He tossed to his side and started typing what was written on the paper. He closed his eyes for a bit and leaned his head. He wanted to do something, some hacking again—crack some files, encode some passwords and slip pass the system.  

He sighed. He can’t do that right now because his past contacts weren’t asking him to do so. So basically he is back into doing some waiting and get little jobs that offers little amount of money that sometimes doesn’t fit into what he needs.  

Jinyoung shut his laptop close and stood up.  

He walked towards the kitchen and opened his fridge only finding nothing but water in it. He heaved down his shoulders down and placed a hand above his growling tummy. “I’m hungry,” he whined.  

Then he heard a faint knock on his front door. He trailed towards the front door and cracked it open. He smiled widely as he saw the face of his favorite hyung standing in front of his apartment door carrying a plastic bag.  

“Dongwoo hyung!” He beamed happily as he latched his arms around the older guy’s neck and Dongwoo can feel the younger boy smile on his skin.  

“I’ve brought food,” Dongwoo mumbled after smiling widely. He s his arms around the younger boy’s waist and both of them went inside.  

They both lie comfortably on Jinyoung’s bed after both of them had supper. They didn’t know what led them to do it but it just did. Jinyoung laid his head atop Dongwoo’s chest and placed his arms around the older guy’s torso. Dongwoo wrapped his arms around the younger guy and hugged him close, feeling the wonderful scent coming from the redhead’s and radiating skin.  

They didn’t know what led them to do such thing but before they both knew it, Dongwoo was already pressing his lips against Jinyoung’s thin lips. At first he just wanted to taste his lips, but then he wanted to know if what he keeps on dreaming every night and what he keeps on hoping everyday is real. If he really love Jinyoung, that is.  

He was about to pull back and look at the younger boy but what surprised him was when Jinyoung pulled him close and started kissing back. His eyes went wide as he felt the younger boy tensed at his soft touch.  

“Jinyoung, I… I,” Dongwoo breathed as the younger boy started nipping his neck up until his jaw line. Dongwoo started ripping Jinyoung’s clothes and wandered his long fingers around the thin yet well built frame.  

Jinyoung silenced him by pressing a finger atop Dongwoo’s lips and smiled.  

“I like you,” the younger boy’s voice echoed around the dark room and the sweet longing voice made Dongwoo gulped and shivered.  

He continued wandering his hands around the younger boy and pulled him closer for a deep passionate kiss.  

If only I can tell those same words to you, then I would. But I can’t. I can’t just yet. Because the moment I fell deeply in love with you, the more pain I would likely much cause and hurt you. And I don’t want that. I just don’t want you to suffer but- I do, I do like you very much, more than you’ll ever know.

Dongwoo kissed him hungrily, tasting every bit of him, corrupting him just like what he did to some sensitive files Jinyoung had been hacking. Nipping his bottom lip and savoring the sweet taste of the young boy, Dongwoo penetrated him.  

“Be mine,” Dongwoo said as he bites Jinyoung’s sensitive spot and rewarded by a deep and loud venereal moan that brought shivers down Dongwoo’s spine.

“You are done with your mission,” his father exclaimed after Dongwoo handed him the files needed. It’s been two months, and time does fly fast.  

“Is this all, the files needed?”  

Dongwoo nodded and bowed knowing that all father needed rather wanted, was privacy and time for all the other files be checked.  

Two months of falling deeply in love with the person he spied. Two months of almost dwelling on whether to tell the truth or hide. But to everyone’s dismay, Dongwoo had tried his best not to spill out the truth. He tried his best to keep it from Jinyoung even if his heart keeps on pounding him and throbbing for hiding the truth.  

He didn’t want to hurt Jinyoung; he loves the guy too much to cause much pain. But then that’s what he is doing. He’s just making little Jinyoung run inside his illusion.  

Dongwoo was in deep thoughts when he heard his father’s deep voice.  

“Oh, and I almost forgot,” the older guy said. “You need to kill the kid.”  

Dongwoo looked up, body suddenly tensed and he fisted his knuckles until they are bloodless. He is not hearing this. Kill… kill Jinyoung?! But why? Isn’t his only mission was to steal information Jinyoung managed to gather from hacking? What’s with the killing? Why should he kill the man of his life, for crying out loud?!  

“What?” Dongwoo mouthed in pure disbelief.  

His father chuckled, “Of course, Jung Jinyoung had learnt a lot by hacking. I’m sure he had read all these files. I’m sure you know what assassins do after spying their target.” The older guy muttered, his voice shallow and threatening.  

Dongwoo stare blankly and shifted his weight from another foot to the other.    

He just stayed shut and bowed his head down, agreeing on the commandant’s order.

“So, what will you do?”  

“I-I don’t know…”  

“But he tricked you, the guy fooled you, hyung.” Junghwan raised and Chansik held him by the shoulders. Jinyoung stared blankly at the wall and fell silent.  

Jinyoung froze and brought his arms around him. He shivered fearfully at what he just discovered. Upon scanning one of the hard drives on his laptop that afternoon, Jinyoung was shocked to find out that Dongwoo is a member of famous underground mafia clan. He didn’t realize it at first because the last time he read it, Dongwoo wasn’t at the scene yet.  

But when he restores his back up files and went a quick run on them, he saw his boyfriend’s name on the screen right next to the president’s name. He shook his head in pure disbelief as tears started to form in the corner of his eyes. He placed his hands atop his chest just to ease the throbbing pain forming inside his fragile heart.  

And now, he started crying again for the umpteenth time. Crying for the reason he can’t quite figure out. Was it pain, hurt, hatred, anger or mortified? Jinyoung sat there immobile crying hard in front of his two best buddies.  

Junghwan knelt beside him and hugged him close. “But I love him…” Jinyoung sobbed as he dunked his head on to the latter’s shoulder and fisted his hands on Junghwan’s shirt.  

“I love him…” he mumbled again and Junghwan can do nothing but caress his back and soothed the younger boy with loving words.  

“At least we find out who he really is,” Chansik muttered disgusted. Anger rising up inside him, feeling sorry for Jinyoung being betrayed by a guy like Dongwoo, he sighed and leaned against the cold painted wall.  

Jinyoung’s sad cries and lonely pleads wandered around the room.

Why did Dongwoo have to lie? What was his purpose anyway? Did Dongwoo only played at him? Did Dongwoo not love him at all? Then what was Jinyoung for Dongwoo? These questions started spinning around the younger boy’s head and he kept on praying that Dongwoo would explain things to him, he prayed that what he had expected Dongwoo’s answer would be the opposite.  

“I want to see him. I need to see him… I need to talk to him.”  

Junghwan felt sorry for his friend. But true, Dongwoo needs to explain things. Narrate it all and he better come with a good alibi for them to believe him.  

Dongwoo walked towards his room, eyes on the floor. He was shivering up until to the bones. This is why he hated being an assassin. He hated so much that he wished he was the one to be killed instead. He cursed this job so much that he wanted take Jinyoung’s place instead and the one to be put into consequences.  

He entered the room and was surprised to see Sunwoo, one of his closest friends inside the clan, sitting on his bed. Dongwoo stood there dumbfounded as he looked at the other guy.  

“Sunwoo,” he muttered under his breathe as he take a step closer to the bed.  

“I’ve been wondering,” Sunwoo startled Dongwoo as he busies himself packing some revolver and dagger inside his coat.  

“I’ve been wondering how much the killing machine changed,” Sunwoo pressed as he sat straight and crossed his legs. “Something had happened, am I right Dong-woo-hyung?”  

Dongwoo looked at the older guy in surprised. His mouth gape wide open as he blinked his eyes furiously and waited for the latter to continue. Sunwoo had never addressed him with honorific because mafia clans don’t go that way. He’s aware that Sunwoo’s referring to someone else, someone else by the name of Jung Jinyoung.  

“You’ve gotten soft, Dongwoo. This Jinyoung changed you a lot,” he continued as he cleared his throat. “And believe me, I like this side of yours.”  

Dongwoo looked at him, surprise imprinted in his face this time. “You, what?”  

Sunwoo smiled and stood up, “If I were you I’d rather stay with Jinyoung and start anew. You can still change, Dongwoo. You still have lot ahead of you.”  

With that, the visitor stood up, went towards the front door and cracked it open. He was about to take another step when Dongwoo halted him.  

“I know that, but I can’t. We can’t be together. I will hurt him. And I don’t want that.”  

Sunwoo suppressed a smile and walked back to him. He placed a warm hand atop Dongwoo’s shoulder. “There are still ways.”

It was past midnight when Dongwoo entered Jinyoung’s house by doing some trick into the door knob. He opened it carefully not making any noise and closed it carefully again. He locked he door making sure no one can enter if anyone seemed had followed him.  

He walked silently across the room towards the bed and saw his ‘lover’s’ sleeping figure. He frowned at the sight. Jinyoung was curled up into a ball, hands clasped tightly on the sheets and tear that had just dried up on his face.  

Dongwoo bite his bottom lip and fight the urge to kneel beside the sleeping figure and caress him with soft touches, but Dongwoo failed. In a quick flick of a snap, he was sitting on the bed, staring at the still figure with sad eyes and hands atop the younger boy’s cheek.  

He trailed light, soft touches on Jinyoung’s face and out of the sudden tears started falling on the white sheets. Dongwoo ignored the tears. He must decide. Kill the target or make a better way where he can be with Jinyoung, forever. Follow orders or avert his destined path and create his own.  

Dongwoo didn’t know what to do. He was locked, tormented and slowly being faded by thoughts, illusion that kept on tricking and fooling his peace mind.  

Nothing can be heard inside Jinyoung’s apartment but a faint sound of a clock ticking, can feel nothing but the cold wind rushing from the outside and see nothing but a weak ray coming from the moonlight.  

Dongwoo wished he hadn’t met Jinyoung at all. He wished he just let somebody take this mission instead and fall like a romantic helpless for the latter. He didn’t expect things to turn out like this and he hated that this had happened. He hated himself for being such a fool over love and not a serious person that focuses on what was planned.  

Loving Jinyoung was not part of the plan at all. Leaving sweet hungry kisses on the younger boy’s lips every time they see each other was not part of the plan. Hugging Jinyoung tightly as if he was the only precious thing in the world, was not part of his plan. And now killing him was definitely not part of this entire plan thing.  

Tears continued to rush down and Dongwoo felt helpless for crying over such thing. He fisted his hands tightly and placed it beside Jinyoung’s head atop the soft pillow. He willed himself that he must make a decision. He willed himself that he should follow what he really feels, but what?  

Carefully as possible, he leaned down and placed a ghost of a kiss on the sleeping boy’s lips. He closed his eyes shut as he kissed him lightly and when he pulled back he was shocked to see Jinyoung wide awake.  

“Dongwoo?” The younger boy mumbled hoarsely. Dongwoo looked at him eyes red and swollen from his silent cries. Jinyoung sat straight and tilted his head to his side as he looked at his crying lover.  

“You’re crying,” the younger boy mumbled as he cupped Yesung’s face in his warm hands. “What’s wrong?”  

Dongwoo fight the need to sob even more. Jinyoung’s kindness was far too much for him. And if Jinyoung continued showing that side of his, he doesn’t know how it would affect him in making urgent decisions.  

The older guy leaned into the warm caressed and smiled bitterly. “Nothing’s wrong,” he muttered as he closed the distance between them and hugged the smaller boy close to him.  

Jinyoung wrapped his arms around the older guy and smiled. He can hear Dongwoo’s soft cries and it made his heart shatter into million pieces. But he knows why Dongwoo is here. He knows the reason behind Dongwoo cries. And he loves Dongwoo so he asked it himself to the older guy—



“Are you going to kill me?”  

The latter tensed up and gripped Jinyoung’s shoulder tightly. He pulled back and looked at Jinyoung’s eyes only to find nothing but assurance and a taint of hope. Dongwoo continued weeping as he nodded into Jinyoung’s question.  

He thought he saw the younger boy smiled and it pained him big time that Jinyoung was the one acting strong for the two of them. He should be the one being brave and acts as the protector. But he failed. Jinyoung was the one who grabbed the role.  

Dongwoo bite his lip again and looked away. He’s afraid. Scared, at what could Jinyoung find in his eyes. Find out that he’s weak and unable to act just a real assassin should be. But Jinyoung was persistent. He placed a finger under Dongwoo’s chin and brought it to him so that they’re facing each other.  

He leaned up and kissed the older guy passionately. “Everything will be fine.” Jinyoung muttered and at that moment, Jinyoung acted a bit different from his usual cute antics and habits. He acted as if he’s the more mature compared from Dongwoo.    

“Just do what you are told to, and finish me off.”  

The older guy closed his eyes as he felt those soft lips again on him kissing him passionately and lovingly. He must make a decision and now is the right time.  

The assassin pulled back and grabbed the small gun under his coat with shaking hands. He prepared the trigger and Jinyoung looked at him, eyes with faith and soft. He hugged the younger boy near him and dunk his head on the latter’s shoulder. He positioned the gun beside Jinyoung’s head and closed his eyes shut as the younger boy did the same.  

There are still ways.  

Dongwoo snapped his eyes opened and scanned the whole place around him. He can feel Jinyoung’s tears falling on his chest and by the time he realized what he was doing, he threw the gun across the room and pulled the younger boy back and looked at him deeply, intensified.  

“Dongwoo, I-”  

Jinyoung was cut off with a sudden kiss and murmured, “Don’t ever let me do reckless things again,” he stammered while hugging the now crying redhead.  

Jinyoung smiled as he locked himself into the caring and strong arms. He leaned into the older guy’s chest and wrapped his arms around his torso.  

They both lie on the soft bed. Jinyoung who’s cuddling with his lover under the cold and lonely night was smiling brightly knowing that Dongwoo can be by his side always. Dongwoo wrapped a warm and securing arm around the younger boy and smiled as trails of tears started to dry up.  

They fell silent. Words aren’t much of a need right now. Just feeling each other’s warmth is enough. Feeling each other’s deep intake of breathes if fine already.  

Jinyoung tilted his head up and looked lovingly at Dongwoo’s eyes. “Dongwoo…” he mumbled.  

The older guy looked down at him showing off his sweetest smile.  

“Will you be sad or happy if…” the younger boy muttered as he grip on tightly on Dongwoo’s shirt.  

“…if?” Dongwoo questioned as he toyed Jinyoung’s hair.  

“If you kill me, will that make you sad or, happy?”  

Dongwoo was taken a back and fell silent for a moment. He looked deeply into Jinyoung’s eyes and he never sees the younger boy that beautiful this time. The way his eyes glitters with such brightness, those cherry like soft lips that looked so plump this time and his rosy cheeks that showed off a cute pink shade, Dongwoo leaned down and captured Jinyoung for a long kiss.  

Jinyoung knows the answer to his question already. With that kiss Dongwoo knows he had made the right decision of choosing Jinyoung over his deep job. He could care less about tomorrow and what will happen to them, tonight everything is perfect.