Yong-kong & Byul-kong

Lips

Three quarters of Mamamoo sat around watching the monitors for Hwasa's solo shots on the set of the MV for their new single "Ahh Oop".

Moonbyul had been gazing at her unnie on and off for the past 20 minutes, but Solar had been too focused on her member's solo shots to realise. She loved the way Solar's eyes gleamed with confidence and adored the way her rich, chocolatey hair often had a mind of its own: curling and flicking anywhere it wanted. Though, today it was rather more reserved as it gathered back into a silky ponytail, but Moonbyul liked it all the same. She had always thought Solar was beautiful no matter what.

'Aish, that little ray of sunshine looks wonderful today,' Moonbyul thought to herself.

She watched as Solar spoke with Wheein and the director about Hwasa's shots, giving them her thoughts on things, but everything about the way Solar's expression changed as she spoke made Moonbyul fall harder. The way her eyebrows furrowed a little as she devoted her focus to something; the way her eyes curved into small crescent moons when she talked about something she loved; and even simply the way her lips moved as they formed the shapes needed to make sounds.

It really was the most simple of things that Moonbyul liked the most.

After a while, the two made eye contact and Moonbyul remembered she had something to ask her unnie.

"Are we gonna record that video for the fancafe then?" the taller queried with a smirk. She placed both hands on the arms of her chair as if she was about to push herself up.

Solar gave a suspicious look, "yeah.. why are you smirking?" she asked as she chewed her lip a little.

Moonbyul got up from her seat nonchalantly, "no reason."

'She's so cute when she chews her lip like that,' the younger thought to herself.

The boyish girl had a delightfully frustrating way of being totally and utterly calm while actually speaking to Solar, so much so that it was not at all obvious she was dying to love her in all the ways there was to love a person.

"Yah-- Byul-kong. Tell me," Solar demanded as she followed Moonbyul away from the monitors and loud MV set.

Moonbyul ignored her playfully as her unnie scurried along behind her before tapping her on the shoulder.

Solar spoke as the taller girl turned around, "tell me!" she pouted.

"What?" Moonbyul laughed.

'Should I say it? Should I...'

"It's just, you look real pretty today."

'Okay, I said it. It's cool, Byulie, just play it off. You always play stuff like this off really well.'

Solar let out a small gasp, "oh." 

'. What's that supposed to mean?'

Moonbyul raised one eyebrow and chuckled at Solar.

"Thank you," the shorter girl said sweetly, "so do you."

'Phew.'

Moonbyul looked at her directly, "thanks Yong-kong." She stuck her tongue out at the older girl before embracing her in a squishy hug.

'That's it Moonbyul, give her some of your playful charm so as not to give the game away,' she encouraged herself.

"Oh mai gat!" Solar joked in cute English as she let herself be lifted up. "Byul-kong!" she hissed, "put me down!"

Moonbyul gracefully placed Solar's small feet back onto the ground and smiled stupidly at her unnie.

Solar pushed her puffy skirt down with a firm expression, and looked away, trying not to let a smile creep onto her lips, but the younger girl could see the corners of lift slightly.

'Gotcha.'

"Are we gonna do this thing or not?" Moonbyul teased as she leant back against the wall.

Solar looked at her, feeling something inside of her stomach as Moonbyul acted cool. She ignored it and continued to argue playfully with the taller girl.

"Yah! We were until you started to be a weirdo!"

"Good job you like weirdos then," Moonbyul smirked.

'Nice one Byulie.' 

If Moonbyul was an emoji, she knew she'd be the one with the sunglasses. Calm, cool and collected.

Solar almost chuckled, but instead squinted, "just get the camera up!" she said as she continued to pat down her puffy skirt, hoping Moonbyul didn't notice how receptive to her cool attitude she was becoming.

"Okay, bossy boots."

Moonbyul held her phone away from the two of them and put it on front camera mode, "happy?"

"Yes," Solar said quietly.

Moonbyul clicked record.

"No!" Solar squeaked, "we don't know what we're going to say yet!"

Moonbyul looked at her strangely, "don't we?"

Solar looked on blankly and Moonbyul pressed the stop button.

"Hello, we are Yong-kong, Byul-kong, Byul-kong, Yong-kong, Moon and Sunrise!" Moonbyul recited, "DUH? The intro we've been working on for days now..."

"Oh yeah," Solar giggled as she flicked herself on the forehead, "sorry I was just being dumb."

'She's so cute when she's clueless.'

"You've got that right," Moonbyul grinned.

Solar furrowed her eyebrows playfully.

"Kidding, kidding! Don't kill me or something," the taller grinned again.

"I won't kill you," Solar chuckled, "well, probably won't."

Her eyes lit up.

Moonbyul was the one to glare this time, but it quickly broke into a chuckle too.

"Okay, okay," Solar said trying to calm herself down from laughing, "shall we try again?"

Moonbyul nodded as she pressed record for the second time.

"Hello! We are Yong-kong"

"Byul-kong, Byul-kong"

"Yong-kong"

"Moon and"

"Sunrise! Nice to see you guys again!"

They both smiled and initiated a cute conversation. They were really great at switching how they spoke while a camera was pointed at them.

"How are you these days, Byul-kong?" Solar asked sweetly.

Moonbyul looked into Solar's eyes, trying not to show too much obvious affection, though she couldn't help touching Solar's soft arm.

"I've been good!" Moonbyul replied.

"You seem to have b-been, erm, been quite g-good," she giggled which made her trip over her words as she disregarded Moonbyul's answer and answered it for herself.

Moonbyul giggled, "what are you saying?" she joked as she wrapped an arm around Solar's petite waist.

The older girl let out a laugh and they both lost control as they got the giggles together.

'Her smile is wonderful,' Moonbyul thought to herself.

"I've been great since I changed my hair!" the taller replied properly, bringing control back to the situation.

"Ahhh, of course!" Solar smiled as she pointed to the ends of Moonbyul's hair, "what is this colour called?"

"I think I've told you this a hundred times before... Ash! Ash ash ash ash!" Moonbyul gave a stern but playful look.

"Ash ash ash brown!" Solar copied and stifled another giggle.

"Yes," Moonbyul said proudly, "and it's two-toned. Can you see the difference on your shirt?" she lifted the ends of her hair up to Solar's green t-shirt to see the contrast of colours.

"Ahh," she started, "yes I see it clearly, and on your shirt too," she touched Moonbyul's hair, slightly brushing her fingers over the taller's chest as she did so.

A smirk threatened to grace her lips, but only the corners showed.

'Did she just..?'

There was a slight pause as Moonbyul cottoned on to the fact that Solar may now be playing the same game she had been playing since they became friends.

Moonbyul had always been great at subtly throwing affection at Solar, or hints that she maybe liked Solar, but she did it so well that it was still impossible to tell if the hints were true or not; and now, in this moment, when she saw that cheeky smirk float across Solar's lips, it seemed to her that Solar had also begun to play that mischievous game too.

Moonbyul watched Solar's eyes as they glossed over her face and felt a wave of vulnerability wash over her.

'Don't let her play the game as good as you, Byulie.' Moonbyul encouraged herself, though she still felt a little flustered.

"Let's move on," the tomboy began.

"Ahem. Shouldn't you be asking about my hairstyle too, Byul-kong?" Solar asked, but her tone had changed.

Moonbyul felt flustered again: it was that tone of voice. She was certain that it could have the ability to make her crumble right there on the spot.

"How have you been everyone?" Moonbyul changed the subject and laughed while doing so.

"What about my hairstyle?" the older girl pestered.

The younger giggled as she purposely ignored her unnie and began tapping her lightly on the shoulder with every cute giggle she let escape her usually-calm self. She eventually caved in as they both laughed together.

"Yes yes," Moonbyul started, "why don't you spin around Yong-kong-ssi?" she asked with a smirk. She had a plan to put Solar back in her place.

Solar, unknowingly spun around, but as she did, Moonbyul's hand gracefully brushed against the entireity of Solar's chest. The boyish girl grinned to herself and Solar recognised that this was now becoming a battle of who could tease who the most without creating a video too contraversial for the kpop world.

"It looks pretty," Moonbyul smirked.

"Thank you," Solar replied as she smiled sweetly, carefully planning her next attack as she gave a lustful look towards Moonbyul's full, pink lips.

"Your hair really is cute--" Moonbyul paused, turning pale, "w-why are you staring at my lips?"

Solar smirked and reached forward to touch the soft skin of the younger girl's slightly parted lips.

'Oh no.'

Moonbyul's insides turned all gooey.

The feeling of Solar's dainty fingers on her own lips set something off inside of her like fireworks on New Years Eve; her heart was sent into overdrive, beating like the speed of a runner making a final push for the last 100m of a race. Much like the race taking place inside of Moonbyul. The sets of hormones being shooting towards her heart and brain were in direct competition with each other: both results bringing completely different outcomes. Luckily though, her brain won, because otherwise it's possible that Moonbyul may have kissed Solar right there and then.

"You had a hair on them," Solar said nonchalantly, knowing that her plan had worked well.

The taller girl thought quickly on her feet as she felt as if she was losing the game she had been so excellent at for the past couple of years.

She leant forward and touched Solar's rouged lips, completely taking her unnie by surprise.

"You had something on your lips too," Moonbyul smirked. The tension was rising between them as they both pro-longed their journey into an inevitable romance.

"I'm hungry," Solar purred, her eyes gleaming with subtle lust.

'Damn. This girl.'

Moonbyul panicked, wondering if Solar had taken this too far.

"Ahh, because your hair is like cotton candy, right?" she urged as she looked into the camera of her phone.

Solar realised what Moonbyul was doing and immediately played along.

"Yes, Byul-kong. That's right! It is like cotton candy, huh?" she asked with a dreamy smile.

The younger girl nodded, but was slyly determinded to keep the game going.

"Looks delicious."

She wanted to say that Solar did too, but she knew that was too far.

Solar gulped quietly. A strange burning feeling burst through her veins and flooded ribcage: the girl before her really had some nerve doing this to her while they were on camera.

"Thank you," she replied, trying not to let her feelings show.

Moonbyul grinned; she could see the fire in Solar's eyes.

"Anyway! The reason why we are here talking to you guys," Solar started, "we have an event!"

"That is true," Moonbyul smiled, "we have a small event to repay you fans for all of your support."

Solar began to giggle, "Byul-kong, we are really close, you know?"

Moonbyul didn't let it phase her, "we are, because we are filming like this!" she laughed, "maybe I should move like this." The tomboy changed the direction she was facing as if she was taking a selfie.

"Yah-- move back to your original position," the smaller girl commanded.

Moonbyul did.

"Now we are really close," she breathed.

Solar desperately tried to hide her blush with a giggle.

"Too close," she raised her eyebrow and gently pushed the younger girl away.

"Anyway, so the event is--" Solar began, "yah! You're only filming half of me!"

Moonbyul sniggered, "come closer then," she suggested as she pulled Solar in for a hug and rested her head on her unnie's shoulder.

The unsuspecting Solar became startled when she felt her back begin to arch as Moonbyul's hand slipped down and lightly patted her .

"That's enough! Can you get off me?" she laughed nervously.

Moonbyul grinned, knowing her little stunt had worked well.

"We keep going off topic," the taller stated with a smirk.

"I wonder why," Solar rolled her eyes.

There was a tense pause before Moonbyul explained the event: "you guys get to pick a keyword for us to base the next episode on!"

"Yeah! We will pick one and use it as a stimulus!" Solar chirped, "for example, you could say 'rumours about a discord' and we would do something like this.."

She began to pretend to beat up Moonbyul, giggling as she did.

"Or a dance battle!" Moonbyul suggested, starting to do a short dance.

They both laughed at each other playfully, and Solar cleverly noticed there was another opportunity to make Moonbyul squirm.

"Another example: lips!" she said coyly as she pointed to the gorgeous pink lips sitting delicately on the younger girl's beautiful face.

The comment shot through Moonbyul like an arrow, filling her with an unstoppable desire to kiss Solar.

This was it: the game had gone too far.

So far that it was no longer a game, but something so unavoidable and inevitable that even Solar herself could feel what was coming.

Part of her even believed that was why she pushed it this far.

The younger girl needed it, and she had started to realise that it was that very need which had carried her through this whole thing and lead her right up to this point.

She longed to sweep Solar off her feet and plant the one kiss that would grow from their lips and entangle them in a blossoming garden of truth, passion and desire.

Tulips, with petals as soft as the lips she so relentlessly lusted after; gerberas, flushed irrevocably with the colours of passion, vehemence and ardour; roses, with their sweet aroma like a mellifluous melody, yearning to serenade the most wonderful person of all.

It was at this moment when she realised that all this time, this was what she was being guided to. A crush that had truly turned into something, effortlessly bursting at the seams with zealous dreams and impending romance.

It was at this moment that she kissed Solar.

The kiss was confident like fire, but quickly tamed by the winds of new opportunities. Moonbyul had been waiting a long time for this, and she was certainly not about to let her strong-willed personality ruin it.

Solar was overcome with emotion. 

Moonbyul had always been the kind of best friend she could see herself falling in love with, and today, she was proved right. There was nothing about their kiss that felt wrong to her.

Two pairs of supple lips waltzed as if it were their last dance together. The feeling of a warm Summer evening settled on their shoulders as they embraced each other in something so amazing, even dreams could not be as perfect. Each girl treasured the feeling, hoping to forever remember the radiance and joy of such a kiss, but like all things in this universe, it had to end.

Moonbyul gently pulled away and looked at Solar inquisitively, she was still not sure that it had actually happened.

Solar's eyes opened slowly and her hands slipped into Moonbyul's so easily: nothing could ruin their moment.

"WHAT A KISS! Wheein, wasn't that just adorable?"

"Hwasa, if there was a word that could surpass the meaning of adorable, I'd be using that word right now."

"I mean, wow! If they kept going I'm pretty sure I would be able to cancel my monthly subscription to you-know-what, if you catch my drift."

"Too much information, dude."

Moonbyul looked up at the other half of Mamamoo and raised her eyebrow, "you're quite revolting, Ahn Hyejin."

"Maybe later you'll find out if Solar unnie is wearing pink ," Hwasa smirked.

"Maybe later you'll find out how much make-up is needed to cover up a black-eye," Moonbyul retorted.

Hwasa meronged her unnie until she was stopped by Wheein nudging her with her elbow.

"Look at Solar unnie..."

Both Hwasa and Moonbyul directed their attention to their bright pink leader.

"AHN HYEJIN! JUNG WHEEIN! she roared.

"Run Wheeinie!" Hwasa squeaked.

"Lelelelelelelele~" Wheein screamed as they both ran like children away from their angry unnie, not taking the risk on looking back.

Moonbyul turned to her, and noticed that her skin had quickly reverted back to its normal tone.

"Aren't you gonna chase them?" she asked curiously.

"Nah, there's something else I'd rather do," she replied with a smirk that Moonbyul knew so well, "now where were we?"