It was supposed to be a dream...

SARA, the Ghost in My Dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kibum POV


I was sitting in the small café where I always met my friends at. This time I was waiting for Dongwoon, Mir, Amber and Nicole. Ten minutes had already passed since I arrived at the café myself. Finally, I heard the doorbell ring indicating that new customers had arrived. I waved at my friends as they approached the table I sat at. They greeted me cheerfully as they sat down and then ordered something to drink seeing that I already had a cup of latte macchiato in front of me.

 

"So what's up, Key? Any news?" Dongwoon asked putting an arm around my shoulder.

 

"Nothing really..." I simply said and took a sip from my latte macchiato. "What about you?"

 

Dongwoon shook his head.

 

"What about Mir then?"

 

And as soon as that question left my lips, I regretted ever having asked it. The MBLAQ maknae started to babble something about how stupid his hyungs were and how they treated him like a slave making him do everything in the dorm.

 

That wasn't anything new since Mir always had some complains about his hyungs. Everyone was already used to it.

 

The drinks had arrived and Mir still wasn't finished yet. Everyone just nodded sipping their drinks and doing so as if they would listen when all we did was try to shut him out.

 

"Ah! Hyung, you look pale!" Amber interjected in the attempt to stop Mir's ramblings.

 

She was right though. I did look pale.

 

"Yeah, Key. What's up?" Dongwoon added looking at me with a concerned expression.

 

"Nothing really..." I simply said. "I just haven't been able to sleep well. That's all."

 

"Aw... Poor baby~" Nicole cooed while my cheek.

 

"Do you have any problems keeping you from sleeping?" Mir inquired forgetting to be angry at Amber for interrupting him. "Did a band member confess to you? Like Jonghyun-hyung or Onew-hyung?" He giggled.

 

"No! That's not it..." My voice trailed off and I sighed. "Why do you always ask if one of my band members had confessed to me, Mir?"

 

"I'm just curious~ And it wouldn't be surprising if they actually would..." Mir opined while the others just nodded in agreement.

 

"But that's not important right now. So what's been keeping you from having your beauty sleep?" Dongwoon questioned.

 

"Dreams..." I sighed.

 

"The naughty kind?" Mir teased.

 

"No." I answered frowning at Mir.

 

"Seriously, Mir!" Both Amber and Dongwoon sibilated smacking Mir's head from behind.

 

"Ouch! What~" He whined holding the place which was hurting.

 

"That was inappropriate." Nicole replied.

 

"Sorry..." Mir apologized pouting.

 

I smiled at my friends. Though, the smile was kinda strained due to the exhaustion I felt because of the lack of sleep.

 

"So?" Everyone turned to me again.

 

"So what?" I asked pretending not to know what they wanted.

 

"Don't 'So what?' us. You know exactly what we want." Nicole scolded me.

 

"Mianhe." I smiled cheekily." I just don't know if the dreams I have can be considered nightmares or not..."

 

"What do you mean by that?" Amber raised an eyebrow at me.

 

"I can't really explain it. You would have to know the story yourself..." I claimed as I didn't really want to talk about it.

 

"So? Do tell us." Mir retaliated.

 

I sighed, but gave up anyway.

 

"Okay... I'll start at with the beginning of the dream then..." I took a deep breath and started telling my dream to them. "I was around 8 years old...My twin sister, Gwiboon, my two older brothers who coincidentally looked like Jonghyun-hyung and Jinki-hyung and finally me were playing with a ball. We were on high school grounds. Don't ask me why... Well, then a high schooler came. He was a tall fellow and an because he threw our ball away from us..."

 

Everyone listened curious for what were to happen next.

 

"What happened then?" Mir urged me to go on with my story.

 

And so I did.

 

"It rolled into an alley behind the school and my twin went to get it alone... She never came back after that..."

 

The faces of my friends were all like this D: after I had said that.

 

"This isn't the end of the story." I quickly informed them.

 

"Years later..." I paused.

 

"Go on." Nicole voiced.

 

"I was in high school attending the very same high school where my sister disappeared. While attending school I heard some rumors about the alley behind the school, rumors that one should never go there after school or else one would disappear. One of my friends didn't believe that and went there to prove that the rumors were wrong..." I looked everyone in the eyes and then with a serious voice I said: "She didn't come back after that..."

 

Dongwoon nodded, a sign for me to carry on.

 

"My other friend wanted to go search for her. I wanted to stop her knowing what would happen if she did. So I ran after her... I still saw her turn into the alley... But the moment when I reached the alley standing before it, she was gone... But how could she just disappear? The alley was a dead end! That was all I thought. As I set one step towards the alley... everything blurred and I felt a strong force pulling me into the alley.  But suddenly I felt an arm around me and a hand shielded my eyes. I knew who it was by the scent and the touch of the skin. It was my brother who looked like Jinki-hyung. He pulled me away from the alley. I was confused... and exhausted. He took my hand leading me away from the alley..." I paused to take a sip from my latte macchiato everyone's eyes following my every move.

 

"Suddenly I heard footsteps as we slowly diverged from the alley. Everything was sepia colored and in slow motion now... My brother pulling me along and the approaching sounds of shoes. I saw a girl in a white dress coming towards us. She had black her and her features were beautiful. She had a necklace with a heart pendant around her neck. My brother didn't seem to see her though... The moment she passed us, a name appeared in my head."

 

I inhaled.

 

"SARA." Pausing again to emphasize the importance of that name.

 

I saw Nicole and Mir fidgeting in their seats and continued telling my story.

 

"I knew it was her name, the name of the girl who just passed us. I looked after her and saw how she went into the alley... Somehow I had gotten the feeling that if our eyes had met, I would have fallen into a pitch black darkness, just like the darkness in her eyes... But I was lucky that she had only looked straight in front of her... Still not the end of the story."

 

"I'm listening." Amber encouraged me to go on.

 

"All the time..." Dongwoon added.

 

"After that incident... I was scared... My clas

Please log in to read the full chapter