Morning Rushes

Behind the Scenes

 

The sheets were so comfortable and warm that Jackson didn’t want to climb out. He pushed aside the duvet just enough to take a peek. The bright light made him squint a little. He would have readily burrowed back into his cocoon if a hazy image had not caught his attention. He knew what it was but even then it did not fail to take his breath away.

Youngji was standing at the window facing the morning sun with her back to him. She was dreamily gathering her hair and twisting it on top of her head. Her thick auburn locks looked all the more beautiful as it caught the sunshine. What actually jolted Jackson awake was the fact that she was wearing an oversize men’s button down shirt, the white fabric showing off her silhouette subtly. He knew she must be wearing safe pants underneath, but the hem of the shirt reached below the bottom of the pants, giving the illusion that she was wearing only the shirt. Jackson’s gaze travelled all over her gorgeous legs and back up. She must have been aware of his scrutiny, because she stopped and turned her face towards him, smiled to herself and let her hair loose again, falling over her back and concealing her face.

Youngji somehow always knew when Jackson was looking at her, she would feel an odd flutter in her stomach and she would catch him looking at. Usually, he would avert his gaze when she caught him, but today he did not. She turned around to face him and grinned looking at his tousled hair and his face that held a cute expression somewhere between displeasure of waking up and happiness of seeing her this way. She walked towards the bed and gestured with her fingers for him to get up already. Jackson groaned and buried his face in the sheets. She was about to pull them off when he extended his right hand asking her to help him up. Youngji rolled her eyes at the childishness and unsuspectingly held his hand. The next moment she was pulled forward on top of Jackson while he rolled over her. She made a startled sound, but did not scream at him. She was now with her back flat on the bed, Jackson on top of her and thankfully, he’d pulled the covers along with him so that they were both covered from the waist below.

Jackson shifted his weight so as to not bear her down and lied more to her right. He could feel their legs were tangled and consciously avoided focusing on that, lest his body would betray him. He could not risk that now. He gave her a smile full of mischief and then slowly began taking in her image as she lay there. The lovely locks that he was admiring just a while ago were now spread all over the pillow. He wanted to bury his face in their softness.

Her clear face was all the more beautiful up close and the surprise made her eyes even wider than usual. He noticed that her cheeks were just beginning to get colored and that made him smile wider. As he wondered what she was thinking to make her blush like that, his gaze dropped to her lips. A lock of hair stuck to her moist lips and was twitching as she breathed. Jackson found it strangely fascinating and lifted his hand to carefully remove the lock of hair and lightly tuck it behind her ear. When he touched her ear, he felt Youngji inhale sharply and close her eyes. He slowly dragged his fingers over the sensitive area behind her ear, down her jaw line and just before he delved any farther, she opened her eyes and caught his hand to stop him.

Youngji could never have thought that just a caress could work her up so much. He must have seen the change in her eyes, just as she did in his. Jackson’s smile faded and he slowly dipped his head. She saw it coming and did not know if she was glad or nervous. When he was close enough to feel his hot breath, she closed her eyes. Even with her eyes closed she was acutely aware of how close they were exactly. He stopped moving when they were less than inch apart. At first Youngji thought that was it, but he did not move away from her either. He was waiting, for her to make the decision, the last move. Her heart felt all the more warm upon realizing how much he cared for her, regardless of their predicament. She made up her mind then.

Jackson thought he had given enough time. He could never force anybody into such an act, especially when it was someone he cared for and when the feelings were genuine; let everything else be damned. Just when he was about to withdraw, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small smile spread across Youngji’s face, and he knew it. In one swift movement, she pulled the sheets over their heads and lifted her chin just enough to complete the kiss.

It was more of a peck than a kiss, but it was enough to drive him wild. His mind vaguely registered the PD calling, “Cut, OK”. His body somehow managed to react calmly, though his heart was soaring somewhere high. They got up, shoved the sheets aside, and were instantly surrounded by people. Jackson looked at Youngji who was being given an overcoat to wear. She refused to meet his eyes, but her smile, her roaming eyes and that hot blush on her face said it all.

“How could you just fall asleep waiting after your makeup and styling is done? Do you realize your eyes are red and puffy? And your hair!” the stylist grimaced as she tried to fix it.

“Well, it does give a more authentic look, doesn’t it, PDnim?” said Jackson.

The PD was busy checking the monitor and all of them huddled together to watch it all again.

“Why did you pull the sheets over, Youngji?” the PD asked matter-of-factly.

“Yes, why did you, Youngji?” asked Jackson innocently, “I was so surprised.”

Youngji arched her eyebrow and replied to the PD while looking steadily at Jackson and said, “You weren’t calling a cut and…”

“And?” prodded Jackson with an impish smile.

Youngji stuck out her chin and remarked, “And Jackson was too heavy.”

This made everybody laugh, especially the fallen expression on Jackson’s face.

“You mean to say I am fat now?” he asked annoyed.

“I never said anything like that.” said Youngji calmly.

“Okay enough both of you. Let’s call it a wrap for today.” interrupted the PD.

Jackson huffed, pointing a finger at Youngji he said, “I’ll get even with you!”

Youngji smiled as she walked away with her stylist. She had no doubt he would, actually, she was eagerly anticipating it.