One

Arrogant Love 2

 

 

One

 

 

"Calm yourself down. He's still a kid so he doesn't really know what he's doing." comforts Mrs. Son with concern. 

"That's what I'm worried about. I mean, what does he know about marriage and stuff?" replies Mrs. Kim. 

"I'm sure he was just kidding. He'll change his mind soon."

"But what if he won't? He is a really stubborn kid and never listens to his parents anyway. I'm such a bad mother."

"Aigoo. Why are you saying that? And how bad is the girl anyway?" 

"I really don't like her personality. She is just too fake and her smile.. oh my god... her smile... It's so devilish! Eww. She just brings bad luck." 

"Come on, stop hating on an innocent girl." 

"Yah! Are you on her side?" 

"Ani. I'm just trying to make you feeling better, of course." 

"By implying that I'm the mean old lady who irrationally hates an innocent girl?" 

Mrs. Son lets out a sigh. "So how can I help you?"

"I don't know. You think of something." 

"I don't have any idea since I've never gone through this in my life." 

"Yah! You're making me feeling even worse." 

"Aigoo. I didn't mean to. Sorry." 

"Of course, how would you ever get into this kind of situation when Naeun is such a good kid?" 

"She is also a trouble maker sometimes." 

"Sometimes. You should live with Myungsoo for a day. He drives me nuts. OH MY GOD. He never listens." 

"Calm dow-"

"Oh my god. He's here. Bye." says Mrs. Kim as she hangs up the phone. 

Myungsoo carelessly throws his car key onto the dining table. His peripheral vision catches someone sitting in the couch so he raises his face up to look. His mom is sitting in the couch with a sour expression. He has been seeing this angry expression on his mom's face since the day she found out his relationship with Ara but not that he cares about his mom's feeling much. Everything I do is wrong. She can get irritated by the smallest thing on Earth so what would I do?

"I'm home" says Myungsoo lazily. 

"Where did you just come from?" asked Mrs. Kim. 

"School." 

"Annyeonghaseyo, ommanim. How have you been?" another voice appears. Mrs.Kim quickly shifts her eyes to the figure that just appears. A girl in a cute mini dress is standing right next to Myungsoo and her arm slowly links with Myungsoo's. Anger rushes into Mrs. Kim immediately before she starts gasping for air. WHAT IS THIS FOX DOING IN MY HOUSE?

"What are you doing here?" asks Mrs. Kim with anger in her voice. 

Myungsoo decides to reply for Ara. "Work. We are partners." 

"WHAT?" 

"Mom, calm down. We just have some work to do." 

"Fine. Just make sure she goes home as soon as you guys finish." 

"Arraseo. Arraseo." Myungsoo replies with a furrowed brow. Why is she making a big deal out of this? This is what drives me crazy. 

"Then we'll be going. Annyeong, ommanim." says Ara as she bows. 

"What? Where are you guys going?" 

"My room. I told you right? That we have some work to do." 

Mrs. Kim widens her eyes as terror fills her mind.

"YOUR ROOM? What work do you have to do in your room?" 

"Omma. Can't we just go? Why are we being interviewed for this?" 

"No. No. You guys will be doing your work here." 

"What? No. I want to do it in my room." 

"NO. Don't be stubborn and listen to your mom." 

"But why?"

"Myungsoo you're driving me nuts." says Mrs. Kims as she shakes her head.

"You're drving me nuts as well, omma." 

"Shut up. You're doing your work here or she'll be chased out of this house." 

Myungsoo lets out a big sigh before he starts scratching his head in annoyance.

"FINE." 

 

Myungsoo is sitting in front of Ara at the dining table with his mom looking closely at them every second which seriously is getting on Myungsoo's nerves. 

"Oh hey. Are you busy yet?" says Mrs. Kim through the phone. 

"No. Are you still feeling bad?" 

"Of course! Anyway, what do you think about those young girls who follow boys around everywhere? Like even to his house."

"OMMA. I TOLD YOU THAT WE NEED TO DO WORK." shouts Myungsoo in anger. 

"What? Why? I'm not talking about you guys."

Myungsoo sighs before going back to his work. 

"Is that Myungsoo?" asks Mrs. Son through the line.

"Yeah, you heard him yelling at his mom, right?" 

"You made me do it." added Myungsoo. 

"But still you should never shout at your mom! Now do your work. I need to talk with my friend." 

"Is his girlfriend there as well?" 

"Yeah, though she isn't even welcomed here." 

"OMMA!" shouts Myungsoo.

"I'm not talking about her. Do your work." 

Ara starts feeling really uncomfortable. She knew that she is never welcomed here. She knew well how Myungsoo's mom seriously hates her though she would never know why but she wants to change the way she thinks of her. But seems like today is not a good day.

"Myungsoo ah, I guess I should go now." says Ara.

"What? No, don't." 

"It's okay. I can continue this at home alone." 

"Yeah, you should go now. It's getting dark now." says Mrs. Kim. It is 3 in the afternoon..

"OMMA. How can this be dark?" says Myungsoo as he points at the sun who is still peeking from the trees behind his house. 

"It's okay. I don't feel really well today anyway." says Ara as she stands up from her seat. 

Myungsoo quickly holds her hand, causing Mrs. Kim to sit up straight in surprise. 

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU HOLDING HANDS? GO. GO HOME NOW. HOW DARE YOU GUYS TO FLIRT IN FRONT OF ME?" 

Ara quickly grabs her stuffs and bids goodbye. "I'll get going now then, Mrs.Kim. See you later." 

"Yeah. Yeah. You should go now." 

"OMMA!"  shouts Myungsoo as he slams the table. Mrs.Kim jumps in terror and looks at him in surprise. Myungsoo shakes his head in exasperation before disappearing from the room. Don't ask me why I like to go out. She honestly is annoying me.

"Oh my god. Did you hear it? I thought he was gonna kill me." Mrs.Kim yells at the phone. 

"You went too far! Why are you so mean to her?" 

"I told you right that I don't like her?" 

"But still." 

"Oh my god. I can't stand this. Come on, think of something to seperate him from this fox. I think she is a really bad influence on him." 

"Actually, I have an idea." 

"REALLY? What is it?" asked Mrs. Kim enthusiastically.

"How old is Myungsoo?"

"19."

"Oh.. He's still too young for a marriage then." 

"That's a great idea but yeah, he's too young for a marriage."

"Wait- how about an engagement then?"

"THAT'S RIGHT! But you also know Myungsoo right? He would never agree to this." 

"Well, make something up."

"Wow, you're really smart. I love you, bunny." 

"YAH. I told you not to call me that."

"Okay. Sorry. But who is he getting engaged with?" 

"I don't know. Find someone you trust."

"I don't know anyone besides my relatives!" 

"Think. You'll find one, I'm sure. How about your business partners' daughters?"

"I like none of them."

"Why are you so picky? Just find one."

"Oh wait- how about your daughter? Can I borrow her?"

"WHAT? ARE YOU NUTS? NOT MY DAUGHTER. OH MY GOD. I'M HANGING UP. BYE." shouts Mrs. Son before she ends up quickly.

"Aigoo. Why is she shouting? I was just asking." mumbles Mrs. Kim to herself.

 

 

"Omma. Did you call me?" asks Naeun as she walks into the kitchen.

"No. No. I didn't. It's nothing. You can go back now." stuttered Mrs. Son as she hides her phone behind her back.

"Okay. But why are you stuttering?" I'm pretty sure I heard something like "my daughter"...

"It's nothing. You can go now." 

"Omma, you're hiding something from me."

"It's nothing."

"Okay. I'll go to my room now then. Call me when dinner's ready." 

"Okay."

 

 

❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿

This is just like another typical funny Korean romace comedy.

Boring plot but people seem to like it a lot, including me :D

Give MyungEun and me love. Thank you.