It's For You

Carnival Gifts

“GD, look!” Dara exclaimed, tugging his hand. “It’s a ball-throwing game!”

The young man turned to look at the brightly colored game stand in the middle of the carnival and smiled.

“I’m pretty good at those, actually,” he said, puffing out his chest in a joking manner.

“Oh really?” Dara said, raising her eyebrow. “I think I’m pretty good at them, too.”

“How about a competition?” G-Dragon proposed, turning his body to face Dara. “Let’s see who can knock down all the bottles, sooner.”

“What does the winner get?”

“The winner doesn’t have to worry about dinner for a week because the loser will take care of it,” G-Dragon said.

“Deal,” Dara said sticking out her hand.

They shook on it and walked over to the game. G-Dragon paid for Dara to go first and she picked up the four balls to knock down the bottles. The four round objects all landed on their targets and the boy behind the counter gave her the giant stuffed bear that she pointed at.

“Your turn!” Dara said, looking at G-Dragon and hugging the huge bear close to her.

With a determined look on his face, he picked up the projectiles and started throwing them at the bottles. He landed two of his shots and the other two fell short. The buzzer for the game sounded and Dara jumped up and down in joy.

“I don’t have to cook for a week!” she shouted.

G-Dragon pouted at her.

“Come on let’s get out of here,” he said. “Let’s go down to the pier.”

He took her hand and they walked out of the carnival and down the beach to the pier. Standing looking out at the water, Dara turned to G-Dragon with the bear in her arms and dipped her head timidly.

“Um, I wanted to give you something,” she said and out the huge bear.

Taking the bear in his left hand, G-Dragon wrapped his right arm around Dara’s waist and, pulling her up towards him, pressed his lips onto hers tenderly.