Say Something

Say Something
She smooths the material of her dress eliminating any wrinkle or fold present. She wraps the single loose curl around her index finger. Her nervous fingers find the tab of the zipper on her purse and she pulls it open to pull out a compact mirror. Her makeup is perfect but she wants to double check. A certain individual is making an appearance at the sbs award tonight. She needs to make an impression. She hasn’t seen him in years. The last time they saw each other ended in sadness and anger. Their 3 years friendship and 2 years relationship thrown out the window in an instant. The argument had been building up for months. The two of them keeping their issues with each other buried deep. But then one night the spark that had been slowly burning turned into raging fire. Everything they’ve been holding back being spewed at one another. Lamps were shattered. Tears were shed. Knuckles clenched. Hearts broken. "monday couple" that at first only for the sake of runningman program turned reality romance viewed as a fairytale love story. The media displaying every moment of their lives. Every bit of their relationship being viewed by all. She had spent the last few years thinking about him, thinking about that night. She regrets letting him walk out the door. She regrets not trying to get him back. She just let him leave. The doors swing open and in he walks with two ladies linked in his arms. Her stomach churns and her hands begin to get clammy. He’s just as handsome as she remembers. That transparant shirt show his tattoos. She tries to memorize every detail of him in fear this is the last time she’ll see him. His two female companions unlatch themselves and head towards the refreshments. He’s now alone and he’s walking in her direction. He hasn’t noticed her yet. But she’s noticed him. He’s inches away from her before he looks up. Their eyes meet for a few moments. There is a sadness and longing in her eyes. His eyes show the same. The past flipping through their minds. She opens to speak to him but he shakes his head and walks away. He’s done with her. He finds one of the girls he walked in with and places his hand on the small of her back. The rest of the night he never once looks back in her direction. Before she leaves she looks back at him one last time. A single tear falls from her eye. This fairytale love will never have a happily ever after.