Best Friend

My Celebrity Crush

 

“Where the heck is Myungsoo?” You said, glancing at your watch. It’s already 9 am, but still Myungsoo hadn’t arrived yet. You couldn’t focus at all as you were very worried that something might happen to him. Normally, you and myungsoo will walk to school together, but today you woke up late, so you were expecting he had already left. However when you reached school, he was nowhere to be seen.

Out of the blues, the door squeaked open. Startled by the sound, you looked up and saw Myungsoo standing still at the door. He bowed and straight away headed towards his seat.”Kim Myungsoo!” The teacher growled. He stopped pacing. “Why are you late?” Mr. Kwon asked. The whole class were distracted by the unexpected situation. All eyes were on both of them.

“I’m sorry Mr Kwon. My grandfather isn’t feeling well. I stayed up all night taking care of him…” He explained without even turning his back. Mr Kwon sighed.”Alright then, you may be seated.”

Myungsoo started pacing again. “You lied right? Grandfather isn’t ill.” You whispered to him as soon as he took the seat next to you. He ignored you. “I knew you were lying, you have this little habit where you touch your neck when you are lying.” You told him.

“I didn’t fully lie though. The stay up part was actually true.” He told you. He took out a book from his bag and placed it on the table. “Cover for me. I really need to sleep for a moment.” He told you and placed his head on the table behind the book.”Yahh, Myungsoo…” you whispered to him softly.

He ignored you as usual.*you must be tired huh? All this training must be very tiring.*you thought.

Myungsoo is your best friend since childhood. You knew each other for over 10 years.  Well actually, Myungsoo’s parents and your parents knew each other before you guys did. To you, Myungsoo’s family are just like yours too.

You stared at him, mesmerising every features on his face.*he would look really hot if he get rid of his glasses and do something with that curly hair. Well, he’ll definitely do something about it after this* you thought and smiled.

***

Ringgg…

The bell rang indicating its lunch time. Myungsoo immediately got up from his seat and disappeared.  

“Yeon Jung ah.. I really don’t get it how you can be friend with that freak?” One of your friends came to you along with the others. “Yah Seoyeon, I told you not to call him freak. He’s my friend okay.” You told her. “Yeah Seoyeon ah, you shouldn’t be calling him a freak.” Jiyeon voiced out. Among all your friends, Jiyeon was the closest to you and less meaner compare to the others. She is also quite the quiet type. She is known only for her look and not for her personality. If she wasn’t pretty, she was no difference from being Myungsoo. You smiled slightly at Jiyeon.

In school, you were among the popular crowds. Myungsoo on the other hand was the opposite. Due to his 4-dimensional personality, most of the kids at school called him freak, which you think is a bit too harsh. To you, Myungsoo is not a 4-dimensional freak; he’s just the quiet type who doesn’t really like to mingle around. He is the type of person who would only be comfortable around the people he knows. He might seem like a weirdo at school, but if it’s only you or the person he is close to, he let go of his inner self. He can be both cool and fun at times. And that was a secret that only you know.

There’s also another secret that he kept.

He was actually a trainee in Wooliment and in a couple of months he will be debuting in a group called INFINITE. The reason why he was always late to school and tired these days were none other than those training he has been going for the past 2 years. You have never met the rest of the members yet, but he had promised you before that he’ll introduced you to them before they officially debut.

“Yah Yeon Jung…” Seoyeon snapped you out of you thought.”You didn’t bring your lunch again?” She asked. You shook your head slowly.”Unnie didn’t come home last night so there’s no one to prepare lunch for me.” You explained.” Don’t worry, you can share with me. Omma packed a lil bit extra today.” Jiyeon offered.”Thanks Jiyeon ah.”

*Unnie must be at work the whole night. I hope she’s okay* you thought. Since your mom died and your dad disappeared few years back, you lived with only your sister. She’s the one who had been raising you for the past 8 years.  She started working when she was only 19 years old. That way she could afford to give you food and place to stay. Sometimes she would come late from work, at times she would stay at work just to earn extra salary.

Luckily you’ve known the Kim’s family. Myungsoo’s family is just like a family to you. When your sister didn’t have time to cook for your meal, Myungsoo’s mother will send over some meal for you, and in exchange you offered to tutor Myungsoo. You are actually a very bright student who normally took the top spot in school, while Myungsoo was just an average student. Since Myungsoo haven’t really got the time to study (because of his training), you offered to teach him.

You actually don’t want to take advantage of the family because they’ve done enough for you and your sister. If it isn’t for their kindness, you wouldn’t know what will happen to you.

Just as you were wandering with your thought, suddenly you felt your phone vibrated. It was a message from Myungsoo. You opened it and it was written :

Jung ah~

Come meet me at the rooftop.

You smiled reading that message and stood up from your seat.”Yah, where are you going?” Seoyeon asked.

“I have to meet…Mrs Lee. She wants to see me. I almost forgot. Thanks for the meal by the way.” You told them and headed towards the door leaving your friends dumbfounded.

When you reached the rooftop, you saw Myungsoo was seating alone. You walked straight towards him. “Why do you call me?” You asked.

“You didn’t bring lunch right? You can have some of my food, Omma packed too much today.” He explained to you spontaneously.

He handed you a chopsticks. “Here you favourite Kimbap…” He offered.”Thanks Myung Myung…” You thanked him. “Yah, don’t call me that…myung myung? Tsk.” He chuckled a bit.

“It sounds cute on you.” You bluntly told him. “Cute?” again, he chuckled.

You actually wished you could stop this moment. Spending time with Myungsoo was actually something you enjoyed doing the most.