Again.

My Criminal Boyfriend

Hyejeong awoke to another day with the sun on her face. Just another lonely morning without her other half. Might as well get used to it, Daehyun wasn't going to be beside her for another year or two. She got up and dressed in her uniform for the Hellhole she had to learn every day for 'education'.

'Daehyun oppa, I can't stop thinking about you...' Hyejeong thought sorrowfully. As she made her way out her front door, the summer breeze brushed blew her hair into a mess. She bit her lip and fixed her hair before she started walking to school. She took in her surroundings, the green leaves on the trees, the people that were already awake this early either for school, work, or personal reasons. 

Hyejeong brushed past a crowd of people standing in the middle of the sidewalk, 'What's going on here? Isn't this uniform from my school...?' She thought curiously but decided to ignore them. The business of her classmates usually didn't bother her; sticking her nose in other peoples' business only meant trouble for her. 

Even if Hyejeong told herself that, she couldn't fight the urge but steal a glance at what the commotion was about. 'EXO...'  She did see EXO and all of her other female peers surrounding them. She bit her lip and quickly paced away, EXO meant no good to her, they only brought more trouble to her since the female devils couldn't stand EXO being around a disabled girl.

'Hyejeong inwardly winced as she heard one of the most high pitched 'oppascream ever. Hyejeong was at least 10 meters away. Now her school wasn't as far as before, just a little less than 30 meters away, at least, the front gates were. She walked in and hurriedly approached her locker. The unexpected happened. She was well aware that all the students at the school hated her and found an interest in teasing and bullying her with no mercy, but the unexpected hadn't happened in a while. No. In a year; until today.

Her locker had been stuffed with . Just . Garbage, trash, rubbish, , crap, however, you like to say it. She still didn't know how they got her combination. Every year she changed one, but apparently, it wasn't enough to keep them away. Slowly, Hyejeong started to grab the trash in handfuls and threw them out. They even managed to make it smell like , and Hyejeong obviously didn't have perfume or something.

"Look, it's the pathetic cleaning her locker like a maid." Hyejeong heard someone say behind her. She didn't even bother turning around to see who it was.

Everyone started laughing at her, but she didn't feel shame anymore. This happened many times before, and she just learned to ignore it. It wasn't so hard after having this happen to you thousands of times before. Though, this made her miss Daehyun even more. More than before.

"Why don't you tell me to stop? I know we'd all like to hear your voice, wouldn't we?" The voice spoke again. 'Is this necessary, Yongguk?' She thought and inwardly and looked at her toes. 

"She can't even scream, she can't even utter a word." Youngjae sneered beside his leader. Tears started to sting her eyes as she took another handful of garbage and head towards the trash can. 

"Aren't you a little pathetic? Unable to protect yourself without Daehyun." Himchan added as he also joined in. She grits her teeth and tried to ignore the remarks. Why couldn't she be born death instead, then, she wouldn't be able to hear their remarks.

When Hyejeong finished cleaning her locker, Yongguk had lost his patience and he was dangerously close to Hyejeong. There was a crowd of people gathering around her locker and she was in the centre of it along with B.A.P. The tears swimming in her eyes were now threatening to fall. Youngjae and Yongguk kept pushing her limits, and seeing her break down in front of everyone was their goal. Seeing Hyejeong in agony was their painkiller. Not too long after, Yongguks massive hand struck Hyejeong across the face, and the books in her arms fell violently across the floor. Hyejeong didn't want anyone to see her snap, but she couldn't help it and two teardrops slowly made their way down her face. As soon as Himchan caught sight of that, he started cackling maniacally.

"Is it really that nice to see someone break down like this?" The sound of a solid punch made the audience gasp in shock and terror. Hyejeong slowly looked up to meet the eyes of her saviour.  'Kris?' Hyejeong thought and immediately crooned over him. Kris was a tall and lean guy, compared to Yongguk and Youngjae, he was the bigger one in size.

"Why do you care about this ? You're not stripping her away from Daehyun are you?" Youngjae growled at Kris, clearly not amused by the situation. Just like this was all planned out from the beginning, 

"I don't care about es, I care about Hyejeong," Kris responded with just as much venom. Youngjae seemed to be at a loss for words and Kris picked up some books from the floor. Hyejeong held her gaze on him, uncomprehending. 

"Hey, get up, before I pull you up myself," he said gently and gave me a meek smile. Hyejeong nodded and got up, stumbling a little, she attempted to get my books back but he moved them out of my reach. He side-eyed her but she just looked away.

Kris kept his grasp around Hyejeong's wrist and lead her to her first classroom. When they reached her first classroom, he handed her books and left without another word. Hyejeong kept her eyes on his back and didn't bother to look away until he made a turn and head towards his own class. Hyejeong bit her lip nervously as she entered her own classroom. Her classmates were giving her judging stares, and some sneered at her. Hyejeong was definitely looking forward to the end of the day already. Not long after, her teacher came in and officially started the class. Throughout the class, Hyejeong tried her best to ignore the uncomfortable stares boring into her and the vicious whispers about her. 

"Okay, that's it for this class. Do your homework for tomorrow." Ms Cho announced. The class had five more minutes before the end of this period. Ms Cho left the classroom and Hyejeong immediately went pale. 'This isn't happening!' She thought and cold sweat ran down her back. 

Hyejeong's classmates turned around and eyed her, not caring if she could hear them or not. And being unable to defend herself, she tried to excuse herself to go to the washroom but 2 females beat her to the door. Hyejeong slowly looked up to face her abusers.

"Oh look, where is our mute going?" The girl on her left looked at her and sneered, "if it isn't the little bunny who needs her 'oppa' to defend her?" Hyejeong looked away, not wanting to say anything. 

The girl on the right raised her hand and struck Hyejeong across the face. Again, she felt tears starting to swim in her eyes and blurred her vision. The girl on the right took it one stage further and kneed her in the stomach. Hyejeong doubled over with pain and held her stomach, wishing for it to end. A group of friends at the back of the classroom were bursting in laughter. Hyejeong slowly got up and went to grab her books, keeping in mind the time. 

"Where are you going, ?" Someone grabbed Hyejeong by the hair and yanked it back. She opened to yelp in pain but no sound came out. Someone scoffed out loud and laughed hysterically.

"Still no sound, eh?" A deep voice echoed behind her and yanked her hair back once more.

A few tears dropped onto the ground and he gasped, "look! The just cried!" Everyone in the room turned their heads and gasped. Hyejeong looked up with widened eyes as she held the pair of hands around her hair. 

'I'm never coming to school ever again!' she thought and waited for the impact of their hand against her cheek, but it never came.

"What do you think you're doing? Just because Daehyun isn't here, doesn't mean she doesn't have any more friends who are willing to defend her," Kris growled and flung the arm away from Hyejeong's face. 

She let out a sigh of relief and gratitude as she realized that Kris had still cared enough for her to defend her like this. She almost burst out crying in laughter again until the bell of dismissal rang and it was time for the students to go home. Hyejeong's heart began to beat faster as the thought of seeing Daehyun again came into her head. 

Hyejeong bowed to Kris as the students began to disperse and Kris turned around to see if she was okay. She mouthed the words of 'thank you' and quickly rushed out of the classroom and retrieve her belongings in her locker and rush to the prison again. This time, a hopeful thought made itself into her mind when she made her way to the exit. 

"Hyejeong!" Kris called from the other end of the hall, "don't forget to visit the house today." She turned around and waved in understanding. But still, priorities come first.

The walk to the building was anxious as ever. Except the feeling of anxiety was stronger. Hyejeong had already spoken to Daehyun and asked him to wait for her at a window as soon as she came by. But what if he didn't? What if he still had the thoughts of denial? What if he still thought that he was a burden and didn't want Hyejeong to visit him anymore? 

When the front doors of the building came into view, she felt like she was about to hurl. The strange, gnawing feeling deep in her chest had grown bigger and it felt like it was eating her insides away. As she entered the building, the same security guard was at the front desk, like he was waiting for her in the beginning.

She motioned for something to write with and he immediately handed the material needed to her. 'I'm here to see Jung Daehyun, again.' He nodded in understanding and ed her to the back room of the structure. 

Daehyun was already there. Her heartbeat quickened and she was suddenly experiencing a shortage of breath. She hadn't expected him to be here because Daehyun had looked doubtful and she had her own doubts as well. He was waiting for her just like last time and she almost started crying for the fifth time today.

Her heart felt like it was about to jump straight out of her chest. Hyejeong took a seat in front of the window that Daehyun sat at and picked up the phone.

"Hi, Hyejeong."