Three Kicks And Bonds Deeper Than Blood

Why Three Is Better Than Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi is nine and precocious, and has been the apple of is parents' eyes for the last five years. The thought of a sibling is not a horrible thing, but the youngster isn't sure if it's a good thing either. Yoongi has never been selfish, that’s not how his dads raised him. However, the young boy can’t deny the sting of something that coats his insides whenever his fathers talk about “the baby,” a bubble of “yuckiness” that fills his stomach every time, and Yoongi doesn’t know what it means.

 

“Whatcha thinking about?” Jimin’s voice pulls the boy from his thoughts.

 

“Nothing really, just wondering about the baby, and whether we need one. I mean I’m an awesome kid, what’d they need another one for?” Yoongi’s voice is rough.

 

Jimin is baffled by his friend’s answer.

 

“You worried you’ll be a bad older brother? Or -- are you, jealous?” Jimin eyes Yoongi curiously. He has known the other boy since he was four, and he has never seen the boy as worried or preoccupied as he’s been since learning that his dad was having a baby.

 

“Dunno, I am excited sometimes. It'd be super fun to have a little brother, but I start to feel upset when my folks talk about the baby. What if they like the baby better than me?” The nine-year-old is very concerned, he’s never had to compete for his parents affection before. 

 

Yes, Yoongi admits that there's a part of him that’s jealous, his dads seems so excited when they talk about the baby and the little boy is worried that he’ll be replaced. 

 

“You have nothing to worry about, you know that right? Your parents love you so much, they come to all your games and cheer really loud,” Jimin smiles a bit, “And your Jin appa is so pretty, how can someone that pretty be mean?”

 

“Yah! Stop talking about my dad like that,” Yoongi exclaims as he tackles Jimin to the ground, landing on top of the younger boy and tickling him

 

“Okay, okay,” Jimin wheezes in laughter, “I give in, but honestly, don’t be jealous and don’t worry. When your dads look at you, they have stars in their eyes, no one can take that away.”

 

Yoongi rolls off his friend and both boys lay on the grass, looking up at the sky.

 

“Jimin, if I tell you another reason why I'm scared, will you promise not to say anything or make fun of me?” Yoongi asks abruptly.

 

“I’d never make fun of you Yoongi, not about something like this,” Jimin says honestly.

 

“I’m not really worried that my 'real' dad won’t love me, but Jin appa's not my blood dad, you know, and the baby will be his 'real' son by blood and stuff. I only have one of their blood in me, but the new baby will have both their blood, so he’ll belong to both of them. What if Jin appa doesn’t love me as much anymore?” The tears are at the corners of Yoongi’s eyes before he can stop them.

 

Jimin’s nine year-old mind has no words of wisdom to offer, but he can understand his friend’s fears so he does the only think he can think of doing. The younger boy leans on his side and scoots as close as he can to his friend, and then drapes his hand over Yoongi side, rolling the older boy on his side. Jimin then pulls Yoongi towards his chest into a sideways hug. Jimin’s hand is on Yoongi’s back and as the older boy sobs into Jimin’s front, the youngest is gently patting his friend and offering comfort the only way he knows how - through physical contact.

 

This is how Jin finds them when he arrives at the school some minutes later to pick Yoongi up from practice. 

 

The red-haired man’s stomach is protruding, showing off his very prominent baby bump, and there is a slight waddle when he walks (which Jin adamantly denies). Namjoon had argued with the pregnant man about driving, asking him to have Yoongi brought home by Ms. Kim, Taehyung’s mother. But Jin has given up so much of his ‘special Yoongi moments’ due to being pregnant, and he couldn’t bear to surrender anyhing else. The older man had held his ground, pleading with the blonde to just, “let me have this until I can’t drive, please, I'm missing so much time with him, I can’t give this up too.” The man’s tears had made the the blonde give in.

 

“Yoongi-ah,” Jin says softly, not really wanting to disturb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter