Final.

Hybrid Theory

 

 

 

Zitao wasn’t all that happy to know that new masters were coming around those days to look at them in the mansion. He had always believed that they were sooo creepy. Especially the ones that only appeared on the selling day and randomly bought one or two pets out of nowhere. Was that a money showcasing thing…did they want to prove that they were so in loaded they could afford the “it” thing on the black market. Because that was quite exactly what hybrids were.

 

The young leopard hybrid didn’t really knew how they got to do these experiments with mutations from human to animal and a mix of the two but he surely knew that having ears and a tail (and heats but oh well) were surely better then living on the streets and praying that he could find something to eat that day. Now the mansion where he was living was luxury even for someone with high expectations not only for people like him, who’d be happy with a roof over their head and a warm meal to fill their stomachs.

 

Nonetheless of being happy for these, he still was quite annoyed at being ogled at by some creepy rich men that had nothing better to do with their money rather then spending them on mutant toys as they were. And some were even buying them as gifts for friends or relatives, sometimes fathers were buying for their sons, or even daughters.

 

Zitao believed it was ed up but, him, with his looks, had nothing to fear. Masters always went for the frail looking hybrids, with large doe eyes and mixed with cute creatures like bunnies and kittens. No one would go for a Chinese leopard hybrid who was sometimes even larger and dangerous looking then the masters themselves. 

 

It was just once, a Master wanted to buy him as a play thing for his recently passing into adulthood daughter but with one hiss from his side the man had given up the idea.

 

The Grand Master, how they called the principal of the science institute they where in, but also the spokesman of the man who created the technique of giving humans animal-like features which matched their human side, always told him that he should act nicer with the Master as he could lead a better life with them, more fulfilling and luxurious.

 

But Zitao always ignored the man called Wu YiFan, saying that he was better off living in the Institute.

 

Thankfully the man, who had grown to have a soft spot for the young leopard agreed not to lower his price for misbehavior just yet though, as the pets grew older, their prices lowered since most masters were looking for “fresh” meat. While he was still very young himself, barely 22 years old, he could already see new pets being brought in, boys and girls, some not even older then 15 years old. The wild cat was feeling sorry for them, looking so helpless in front of creepy old men who were their lips in delight when they saw the new “additions”.

 

But after all, it was their own business. He couldn’t allow himself to grow too attached to any of the pets. Any of them could be bought every Sunday, when the selling day took place.

 

 And plus, he had better things to do. Like spending time with his “poor” Master. Well the younger man wasn’t neither that poor or his but he liked that Master. 

 

He was the son of an important man in Korea, or so he said, but his father wouldn’t fund his interest in hybrids, so he is only going to hang around the Institute as long as he could, not actually having the money to purchase any of the pets around. What Zitao found quite odd, however, was that the young man, named Sehun, never seemed to take any interest in any of the other pets, no matter how petite or suave they were, how pretty their doe eyes were. 

 

When the came around, he always greeted the staff of the Institute with utmost respect before he went directly to the dorm room Zitao shared with his Chinese fellow, an older boy with a cute childish face named LuHan, a deer hybrid.

 

However he was proven wrong of this theory when once, the older hybrid wasn't around the room when the Master came about and had no reaction whatsoever, acting as he always did. He spoke with Zitao about fashion and techonology and many, many other things which they found intersting and fun.

 

He loved this, about the male, how he was always so natural around him, a hybrid low-life. They were friends and trusted one another as they should. It was nothing of the fake sweetness some other Masters had. 

 

‘I might not be here…for a few days.’ Sehun said, one day, falling heavily into one of the sofas in the spacious dorm room.

 

Zitao nodded, though not to happily. 

 

‘Sure thing. Is not like I am going anywhere.’ Was his reply. He hoped he didn't sound as cold as he felt.

 

However the younger man caught on the tone and went strangely quiet suddenly. He felt guilty, Zitao supposed. With a small sigh on his side, he plopped next to the younger male on the couch, eliciting a tiny yelp from the overly serious male, which made him chuckle.

 

“So tell me about that new phone you've been so excited to get.” Zitao proposed, swinging his arm over the man's shoulders. Thankfully, that's what it needed to make the younger male start smiling again and speak like the smartass he always was.

 

.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

 

He didn't expect that. How could have he? He's been, during that Sunday the same as he had always been. Why now- 

 

“Can you r-repet?” He shakily asked Yifan as the older man was regarding him with a somewhat pitiful expression which Zitao had hated from the first moment he had seen it that doomed Monday morning. 

 

“Zitao, you have been purchased yesterday night. You will be sent to the house of your new Master in about an hour, please pack all your belongings and wait for your driver in the foyer.” The taller man repeated word with word what he had said earlier.

 

And yet the leopard hybrid couldn't believe it. He peeked in the headmaster's papers and indeed there was, before his eyes, a hybrid purchase contract with his name on it.

 

‘I'm sorry Zitao, but that what happens when you're bought. I know this is not exactly your wish but you need to obly to the rules-’

 

With a heavy sigh, the Chinese male nodded his head, accepting his fate as unfair as it was. He just hoped his Master wouldn't be one of those creepy old men who always scared him.

 

He bowed to Yifan shortly and went to his room to pack his very few belongings which mainly consisted of a few pair of jeans and some shirts, plus the bag in which he put everything. He said goodbye to the very few people he came to actually talk to. Somehow, he felt quite a bit hurt when they seem shocked by the idea that someone would pay such a great sum for a pet such as him.

 

Slowly he dragged the bag down the marble stairs of the Institute and waved to the driver who quickly ushered him to the black car waiting on front of the grand building.

 

-- But…how could that have escaped his mind- What will it happen with his friendship with Sehun- will he even notice. Surely he would. But what could they do now? No Master will let another one come around their pet-

 

So it was over.

 

He pulled the cap down on his forehead more. He didn't want to be seen crying like a little girl. He never thought he will be that affected by the fact he would lose his closest- friend, he had. He didn't want to think about the annoying feelings he started having for the Master. Him, his kind, weren't meant to have feelings or opinions.

 

They were told at the Institute countless of times: ‘You are just pets'

 

.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.

 

These people really were loaded, he thought when he stepped into the "young" Master's room. Nothing inspired kitch as everything seemed to have been picked for someone who's tastes were both very simple and very expensive, as the interior of the room basically smelt of luxury. 

 

Zitao didn't know where he was supposed to sit down, seeing the only place one could sit was actually the bed and the armchair in the corner of the room. He will just stay up until his new Master decides to make his presence known. The maid of told him that will happen as soon as the male finished his meal.

 

He waited there for about ten minutes, his mind away and not really focusing on his surroundings when he felt a pair of skinny, but strong arms wrapping themselves around his waist, making him jump in surprise.

 

The man laughed and pressed his mouth to Zitao's ear, mumbling in a coy, amused tone

 

“Payback time~” He singsonged.

 

Zitao's eyes widened in surprise when he realized- he realized. 

 

He smiled, relaxing into the embrace. The voice, the smell, the hold. It was him. It was him and he almost wanted to cry in happiness.

 


 

Soooo I'm waiting for opinions on this >< not sure what to think of it - /cries

Please do enjoy my silly writing. <3

Endless love, Ayden