Bloom.

Spring.

The hotel lobby was full with tourists from every corner of the world; everyone brought their family members and friends. It was the most beautiful season of the year, spring. The flowers bloomed like a graceful lady, the bird chirped melodious melodies that harmonise each other. The buttercups paved the ground like the stars in the night sky. It was breathtaking.

The hotel workers were busy, trying to provide the best customer service to all guests.

“May I help you?” the worker smiled.

“Ahh yes, I booked two rooms for my trip. These are my orders.”

The worker took the papers from her hand,

“Miss Na Yi. Kindly fill out this paper.” The worker smiled as he handed her a piece of paper along with a pen.

Na Yi took the pen and was filling up the form and suddenly someone knocked over her luggage. Na Yi fell down as the luggage fell onto her. When she looked up, she saw a man. She could not see his face as her hair was in a mess.

“I am so sorry.” The man apologized.

“It’s okay.” Na Yi smiled.

He reached out his hand to help Na Yi to stand up. Na Yi took his hand and stood up.

“Thanks.” Na Yi said.

“If you don’t mind, I have to leave now. I am so sorry.” The man quickly took his luggage and ran away.

“Seems like someone is in a rush.” Na Yi’s friend, Jae Na said.

They just laughed as if nothing happened. Na Yi took her luggage and keys then they went to their rooms. They started to unpack their luggage and Na Yi tried to open her luggage but the lock does not open.

“Hey Jae Na.”

“What?”

“Did you changed my password for the lock again?”

Jae Na stopped and shook her head,

“Why would I do that? Please, it was years ago since I last did to someone.”

Na Yi cocked her head sideways,

“But I couldn’t unlock my luggage.”

“Maybe you forget the password?”

“No. I won’t forget such important thing.”

Jae Na approached her and examined the lock,

“Wait, your lock is red coloured right?”

Na Yi nodded.

“But why is this lock is blue colour?”

Na Yi took a closer look and was shocked,

“Did someone took my luggage?!”

Jae Na called the other 2 friends over and they said they did not take her luggage. All of them were confused until one of them suddenly said,

“Remember the guy that knocked you over this morning? He have the same luggage like yours.”

“What?”

“Yeah, he have the exact luggage like yours, Na Yi.”

“Oh dear, what are we going to do?”

“I have no idea. He left the hotel.”

“I am so sorry, Na Yi. If I could pay more attention.”

Na Yi smiled,

“It’s okay. Let it be. In fact, the luggage only consists of my clothes so no worries.”

On the other side, the man came back with the luggage and he was talking to his friend.

“Jeez, I thought something bad happened to you. I even brought along my luggage because I was so afraid anything happened to you.”

His friend chuckled,

“Hey Yixing, I forgot my wallet. Isn’t that an emergency too?”

Yixing just laughed and they went back to their room. He tried to open the lock too but it would not open.

“Damn.”

“What happened?” his friend looked over.

“I think I accidentally exchanged my luggage with a lady in the morning.”

“Why are you so clumsy?

“Excuse me, it was all because of you. If you could have just told me that you forgot your wallet, I wouldn’t have to rush and accidentally exchanged my luggage.”

“Whatever, is there anything important in it?”

“Clothes and stuffs.”

Yixing touched the back of his neck,

“My papers are in there too.” He thought to himself.

Na Yi was wandering at the hotel while her friends went out because she’s a little sick. She arrived at the pool and saw people swimming and she felt jealous.

“If only I could swim and if only I have my swimsuit.”

She saw the kids were playing at the corner and she decided to play with them.

“Quack quack, the duck quacks.” Na Yi imitated a duck and the kids laughed.

She was having a great time until she suddenly fell into the pool. She was shocked but luckily the pool was not deep enough to make her suffocate. She quickly support herself by staying at the side and looked over.

“Yixing, are you okay?” a man shouted from the top.

The man ignored his friend and approached Na Yi.

“I am so sorry, my friend is a prankster.”

This voice.

“Hey, aren’t you the one that I knocked over yesterday?”

Na Yi took a closer look and she knew it was him.

“You thief!” she shouted.

Everyone was looking at them.

“What?” Yixing was confused.

“YOU TOOK MY LUGGAGE ON PURPOSE RIGHT?!”

“No no, please I can explain.”

“I’m giving you one chance.”

Yixing explained everything and he was apologizing all the way. He even apologized to others because Na Yi shouted.

“I am so sorry.”

“It’s o-ha chiu!” Na Yi suddenly sneezed.

Yixing got out from the pool first and he carried Na Yi next. Na Yi tried to refuse but Yixing insisted because she was drenched wet. He quickly carried her to the chair and he ran to get some dry towels. He wrapped her with towels and helped her to dry out her hair.

Na Yi sneezed several times again and Yixing quickly grab some hot water but the hot water spilled on the floor.

“I’m so clumsy sigh.” Yixing sighed.

Na Yi chuckled,

“No you’re not.”

Na Yi sneezed again so Yixing took his own towel and wrapped it around her neck, she could smell Yixing’s cologne on the towel. It was nice. More than nice. They talked as they headed to their own room to change the luggage. After they exchanged the luggage, Na Yi asked why Yixing in the hotel instead of going out, he was said that he was getting inspired and was doing something else.

Days went by and everything went normal. They would bump into each other in the hotel and chatted for only a while. One night, Na Yi was in the hotel restaurant for dinner. Her friends were all asleep because they had a great day but she does not want to go to bed hungry.

She was ordering then someone suddenly she felt someone was playing with her hair. She turned around and she saw Yixing’s dimpled smile.

“Hey.” Na Yi smiled.

“Do you mind if I join you for dinner?”

“Of course not. What are you ordering?”

Both of them ordered and found a perfect place to sit. They talked to each other and found out that they were actually alike in some aspects. After dinner, they decided to take a walk around the hotel’s garden and the night was perfect.

“When are you leaving though?” Yixing asked.

“Soon. Tomorrow would be my last night here.” Na Yi replied.

“What?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you leaving so soon?” Yixing pouted.

“I have to work too.” Na Yi laughed.

“Do you have a dream, Na Yi?”

Na Yi stopped and thought for a while,

“I’ve always wanted to be someone that my parents would be proud of. Is that counted as a dream?”

Yixing nodded,

“How about you?” Na Yi looked at Yixing.

Yixing smiled cutely,

“I’ve always wanted to be a singer. I don’t hope for popularity but I hope that people can relate to my songs.”

“Do you write the songs yourself as in self-composed?”

Yixing nodded proudly,

“Do you want me to sing for you?”

Na Yi sat down and Yixing started singing. His voice was breathtaking. It’s angelic, it’s clean but it’s full of emotions. Na Yi could not understand fully but she still get the feel from Yixing. After Yixing sang finish, she clapped her hands.

“It was good!”

“Really?” Yixing asked.

“Yes, I believe in you. You can do it!” she held his hands.

There was a moment of silence. Yixing looked into her eyes while she looked into his. Both of them blushed madly and it was awkward.

“Erm.. Na Yi.” Yixing stuttered.

“Yes?” Na Yi replied.

“How about a farewell dinner tomorrow? Just the two of us?” Yixing looked at her.

Na Yi thought for a while,

“Sure, 8pm at the restaurant?”

“See you tomorrow!” Yixing ran away while blushing.

Na Yi told her friends about it the next morning and they were determined to dress her up for her special date. They went out and shopped for dresses. Yixing got his outfit settled and he was tired because he did not sleep last night.

He decided to sleep for a while as he stayed up until the 4pm. He set his alarm to wake him up at 7 so that he could get ready. He went to sleep, then his phone beeped. His phone shut down because the battery was low.

It was 8pm, Na Yi was sitting at the same place they sat the day before. She was nervous, but minutes and hours went by, he did not appeared. She waited and waited, but he did not appeared. She was so disappointed. She went back to her room, crying.

Her friends just kept quiet and all of them left the next morning. She wanted to say good bye but she thought of it as a beautiful short-lived dream. They did not exchanged phone number because she felt it was unnecessary, she regretted.

Yixing woke up the next morning and immediately checked his phone. It was turned off. He panicked and checked the watch, it was way past 8pm. He ran down and asked the worker if they left. The worker smiled,

“Yes, they checked out about 2 hours ago.”

Yixing immediately went on a cab and rushed to the airport, he searched up and down, there were no trace of Na Yi. He lost her. Just when he realized that he’s in love, he lost it. He went back to the hotel and looked at the paper. He crumbled it up and threw it.

Days, months and years went by. Na Yi wanted to return to the place but she could not find any time and she do not want to come back home disappointed. Yixing went back occasionally but he found no trace of Na Yi.

After a few years, Na Yi could not forget Yixing. She always thought of him, all those fun they had and all the things they talked. She still remember the part where he sang just for her, even if the song was simple but she could not forget.

It was spring again, Na Yi decided to go back to the hotel alone. She walked around the garden and smiled as she remember what they did that night, fooling around and everything. She was sitting at the restaurant, she was watching the television and suddenly, a music video came up.

She just continued enjoying her cup of coffee then she heard the voice that she longed for.

Yixing’s.

She looked up again and it was Yixing singing. Her tears gathered around her lashes, she was crying to herself. She missed his voice so much. Yixing went back too but he was in the garden that time. Luckily this year the tourists were not as much as previous years. Na Yi ran to the garden while crying. Her makeup was ruined.

“I really missed you, Yixing.” She cried out loud.

Yixing heard his name and turned around, it was Na Yi. He ran without hesitation, he held her tightly in his embrace.

“Na Yi.”

Na Yi looked at the man that hugged her, it was Yixing. She cried even more, tears won’t stop flowing. Yixing held her even more tightly, he missed her so much.

“Y-Yixing.” Na Yi could not bring herself to words.

“I know. Me too.” Yixing kissed Na Yi’s tears away.

She cried for a few more minutes and she covered her face,

“What’s wrong?” Yixing asked.

“My face is so ugly right now. Don’t look at me.”

“You’re beautiful no matter what.” Yixing smiled.

Yixing gathered up his courage,

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Na Yi melted, she hugged Yixing. Words could not describe their feelings. Yixing decided to sing the song that he wrote which made him stayed up all night the day. That made his love lost for a few years. It was written for her. He finally debuted as a singer, but he could not forget Na Yi. 

“This song is written for you, for my beloved Na Yi.”

“Hmm?”

 

我知道我的爱,

却不是妳要的爱,

可是我们是否不能在一起,

我不想离开妳的身旁,

我想每天都看到妳,

看到妳的笑容和眼泪,

我要每一天都在妳的身边,

我能答应妳,

我能答应妳,

我不离不弃。

 

我只想和妳说一句,

我愛妳。

I know my love,
 
Is not what you're looking for
 
But does that meanwe can't be together?
 
I don't want to leave your side,
 
I wanna see your smile and tears
 
I want to be by your side everyday,
 
I can promise you,
 
I can promise you,
 
I won't leave 
 
 
 
I just want to tell you one sentence,
 
I love you.