Final.

do you miss me that much?

Kibum was sitting on the bed with his Macbook, surfing the net because he had nothing better to do. After scrolling through articles and blogs for a while, he decided that it was enough for the day. As he was about to shut down his laptop, he couldn't help but stare at his wallpaper. It was a picture of him and Jinki during the latter's birthday.

Jinki was Kibum's bestfriend and boyfriend. They had known each other since they were young and grew up together. They were an inseperable pair. Where there was Kibum, there was Jinki. And vice versa. People around them often wondered why the two weren't together yet. The two used to brush it off and laugh like it was some kind of a joke though Kibum truly wished they were something more. It changed when Jinki confessed during their last year of high school. And it changed for the better. They both went to the same university in Seoul, they lived together, and Kibum was contented with how things are. He was sure Jinki felt the same way too. 

Kibum and Jinki are inseperable, but at the moment, Kibum had to be alone for a while. Jinki received a call one morning from his mother saying that he wanted to see his son. He didn't have the heart to decline his mother's request considering that he spent all the holidays in Seoul with Kibum. Kibum understood this and he let his boyfriend go. Kibum was also invited to come along, but he knew that this was more of their family time so he kindly declined the offer. Besides, he didn't want to fall behind his classes. As for Jinki, he was sure he could catch up.

It was already the fifth day since Jinki went back home. Kibum enjoyed the first few days of his alone time. But sleeping with the other side of the bed empty, and waking up and not seeing Jinki's face first thing in the morning wasn't exactly appealing to Kibum. And having to go through their daily routines alone felt foreign to him. 

Kibum's train of thoughts ended when he heard his phone ringing. Glancing at the caller ID, he couldn't stop the smile forming on his face. 

"Hello?"

"Hi Bummie. How are you?"

"I was enjoying my alone time before you interrupted it, old man. You?"

Jinki chuckled. "So cute, Bum. Well I spent my day with my family today. We went to.."

Kibum listened to Jinki's story about how his day went. He occasionally gave comments about the things he found funny or amusing. 

"You know what, no matter how great my day went, I still miss you so much. I can't help but wish that you were here."

Kibum stayed quiet for a while before he gave his reply "I miss you too, Jinki. I miss you a lot."

"Take a rest Kibum. I'll see you soon."

"Okay. I will. Good night."

"Good night."

The phone call ended there. And Kibum was disappointed because Jinki forgot to say the three words. But maybe he was tired. It was alright. He didn't need to be told by Jinki everyday that- 

Someone was calling Kibum again. He sighed as he picked up the phone without even checking who the caller was. 

"I love you Kibum. Don't ever forget that."

Kibum was surprised. He couldn't stop the smile on his face or the fast beating of his heart. 

"I love you too, Jinki. I hope you won't forget that too."

"I won't."

The conversation ended there. Kibum willed his heart to stop beating so fast. It was like falling in love all over again. It felt wonderful. Yet sometimes it scares him how much he-

A phone call. Again. Kibum checked who the caller was, and was surprised to see that it was Jinki.

"I miss you so much."

And the phone call ended. All Kibum could do was stare at his phone because damn his boyfriend was weird. And then another phone call came. Somehow, he expected it. 

"Jinki. Do you miss me that much?"

"I do Kibum."

"Wow. I have this effect on you huh?"

"Yeah. You're basically irresistible."

"Know what? I realized something while I was alone."

"Really? What's that?"

"I became reliant on you. Having you nowhere beside me, it feels like something is missing. I feel.. incomplete."

"Bum, I realized that ages ago. How come you only realized that now?"

"Well sorry lover boy. I used to think that I am very independent. Which I am not. Not anymore."

"This conversation is getting cheesier. Not your style Kibum."

"Whatever. I'm off to sleep."

"Good night Kibum. I love you."

"Good night. And I love you more."

Kibum ended the night with a smile. Then he's off to dreamland. He woke up to the feeling of the bed dipping, and arms wrapping around him. It felt familiar. But it wasn't possible. Jinki was supposed to return the day after tomorow. Kibum cracked an eye open. And Jinki was there. He pinched himself just to make sure he's awake and that he wasn't dreaming. And he wasn't. 

"Hi Bum. Sorry I woke you up."

"Why are you back early? Not that I'm complaining."

"I missed you so much."

"Did you miss me that much?"

"I did."

"Let's go to sleep then."

And that was how their early morning started. And when Kibum was just about to drift back to sleep, Jinki whispered something to him.

"I love you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

so this is my first one shot. first fic actually. sorry for typographical errors and such. tell me what you think about it? thank you.