Cute Creepy

Cute Creepy

 

To Kibum: i hate you

 

To Jinki: what did i do this time?

 

To Kibum: you made me get the food and the guy at the restaurant is being creepy

 

To Jinki: creepy how?

 

To Kibum: he keeps staring at me. he hasnt said a word just… staring.

 

To Jinki: is he hot?

 

To Kibum: what? y does that matter?

 

To Jinki: it matters.

 

To Kibum: it doesn’t matter. hes creepy

 

To Jinki: maybe he just thinks ur cute

 

To Kibum: shut up

 

To Jinki: you could use a date. get his #

 

To Kibum: why are we friends?

 

 

~~

 

 

Jonghyun was pretty sure this is what people meant by a ‘religious experience’.  An angel, an actual angel, had just walked through the front door of his work.  There were no words to describe his current emotions.  He simply couldn’t look away.  All his other senses shut down, he could do nothing but stare.  He couldn’t do anything but let his eyes drink in every detail of the flawless being before him.

 

Handsome was an understatement.

 

Gorgeous was an insult.

 

Perfect didn’t even begin to describe this ethereal creature in front of him.

 

He knew he probably looked kinda creepy right now.  He could read the confusion in his angel’s face, but he just couldn’t find it in himself to stop, to snap out of this… trance he was in.  He wanted to spend the rest of his life studying every line and crease of his angel’s face.  He wanted to ing worship the man in front of him.

 

Oh god, his angel was talking.  Talking!  To him!  His voice was like warm honey, soothing Jonghyun to his very core.  He should probably be listening to the actual words being spoken to him, but he couldn’t think, couldn’t function beyond basking in the sound.  He wanted to bottle that voice and keep it only for himself.  He wanted to hear it over and over again, at every octave possible and infused with every emotion a human could feel.  His head suddenly filled with the thought of it as a breathy whisper against his ear before he fell asleep at night and… .  He wanted to revel in its perfection until he died of happiness.

 

Oh no, his angel was giving him that look again, that confused, disturbed look.  He should like… say…. something.  Respond.  Form words with his mouth.  

 

Before he could get a handle on himself, Taemin came popping up from the back.  The younger boy gave him that “da is wrong with you” face that Jonghyun was sadly all too familiar with before speaking to his angel like it was nothing.  He pushed Jonghyun out of the way and took care of the order.  

 

“What are you doing?” Taemin whispered, eyeing him once he was finished with the angel.

 

“I—“

 

“Whatever just… quit ignoring the customers, .”

 

Ignoring?  Jonghyun was doing anything but ignoring him.  Obsessing over maybe, but definitely not ignoring.  

 

Jonghyun slipped behind the bottled drinks case where he couldn’t be seen and took deep, calming breaths.  He had almost gotten ahold of himself once the food was finished and his angel came to the counter to pay.  

 

Almost.  

 

However, now that he was closer, Jonghyun could see the creases of his laugh lines, smell his cologne.  God, his brain was just shutting down again, basking in every minute detail.  His angel was too perfect, it hurt inside just to look at him.

 

He didn’t snap out of his blissed out state until the door chimed, his perfect creature walking out of his life forever.

 

Jonghyun dragged himself into the kitchen, his back hitting the wall as soon as the door closed.  “I saw an angel,” he whispered, locked in a dreamy fog, replaying every moment with his angel over and over again in his head.

 

“What?” Taemin asked, looking up from the stove to stare.

 

“An angel.  An ethereal being.  Too perfect and celestial for my mere mortal eyes,” Jonghyun mused, staring off into space.

 

“Seriously Jjong?  Bedhead and acne scars is your ‘angel’?” Taemin quipped, snorting at Jonghyun’s words.

 

“How dare you insult such a flawless creature,” Jonghyun snapped.    

 

“That’s why you were being so stupid up there?  You thought he was hot?” Taemin continued, ignoring Jonghyun’s attitude entirely.

 

“Do not insult me so.  ‘Hot’ doesn’t even begin to cover it.  Hot suggests something base and simple.  I had a moment.  It was deep and meaningful and I think I’m going to marry that man,” Jonghyun explained, floating off into his bubble of memories once again.

 

“Okay, okay.  Why don’t you go write it in your journal or something, I can’t take your poetic bull today.  He was a stranger, Jjong.  Remember that.”

 

“He was perfect,” Jonghyun sighed wistfully, unfazed by Taemin’s words.   

 

 

~~

 

 

“It was creepy, Bum,” Jinki cried over Kibum’s obnoxious laughter.  He had just wanted to pick up some Mexican food and instead had been worshipped by the hot cashier wearing a beanie and a dirty apron.  Jinki had been so out of his element and rather than sympathy, his best friend was laughing about it.   

 

“Why are you blushing so much then?” The younger asked, still cackling.

 

“I’m not blushing!”

 

“Methinks thou doth protest too much,” Kibum retorted.

 

“Shut up,” JInki sighed.

 

“So really, was he cute?”

 

“What?”

 

“Was? He? Cute?” Kibum enunciated each word pointedly.  

 

“I—maybe?” Jinki finally answered.  

 

“So that’s a yes,” Kibum snorted.

 

“Okay, fine.  He was cute.”  So maybe the cashier was cute.  Really cute.  Effortlessly, offensively cute.  Damn him.

 

“So…. a cute guy showed interest in you.  What exactly is the problem here?”

 

“It was weird like… I looked like .  I was running around town fresh out of bed, still wearing my sweats, but he looked at me like…” Jinki paused, unsure how to put it into words.  

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like I was a celebrity or something.  Like love at first sight kinda .”  It sounded so cliché and stupid in his head, love at first sight.  Jinki didn’t even believe in things like that.  Lust at first sight maybe… but not love.  However, there was nothing lustful about beanie boy’s gaze, it was full of awe and adoration and…. love.  Jinki didn’t know what he was supposed to do.  His mind had said “run away” but his heart had been beating out of his chest the whole time.   Giddy little butterflies had formed that had dancing around in his stomach the whole time.  Butterflies.    

 

“That…. is so ing cute,” Kibum squealed.  

 

“No it’s not!  He wouldn’t stop staring at me.  It was creepy,” Jinki argued.

 

“Okay it sounds a little creepy, but… cute creepy,” Kibum amended.

 

“What on earth is ‘cute creepy’?”

 

“Like ‘I’m awkward and don’t know how to hide my emotions’ kinda creepy.  Not like… ax murderer creepy.  So it’s fine.  It’s endearing.”  

 

Jinki rolled his eyes in response.  

 

“So… when are you going to see him again?” Kibum asked like this was the logical next step.  

 

“I don’t even know him!”

 

“We can change that,” Kibum assured him.  

 

He had no clue where the younger got his confidence, but it promised bad things for Jinki’s future.

 


this is poorly edited

my apologies

i've been promising this fic for awhile now and I really needed to get it posted so...

i'll try to get the other part up up tomorrow

when i have a chance to edit it a bit more :/