i/i

When Flowers Bloom

Woooooo~~ It's finally done  (after much procastination and writing blocks) Hope you enjoy this nearly 3K half assed one shot! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun sits on his bed, feeling as down as ever since the day he left. It was a mistake, a really stupid one that caused him someone he loved very much.

                                                                ~

It started in the summer of last year. They had the annual summer break and decided to go to the rumoured place of magic in Korea. It was near the east sea, a hidden rural town.

They should have heeded the warnings they got and should have not gone there.

 

“Oh come one hyung, it’s just rumours!” Jongin said.

“I don’t think we should go either,” Joonmyeon nodded.

“You two are cowards,” Sehun scoffed.

“Call me whatever you want but I’m telling you I have a bad feeling about this.” Kyungsoo said again.

“Come on, it’ll be fun.” Jongin pouted at Kyungsoo.

“Don’t try to make me agree with that face of yours.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

Sehun clicked his tongue annoyed at the two goody two shoes in the group.

“Why do you want to go?” Luhan asked him.

“We just want to check whether the rumours were true or not.” Jongin said.

“And it’s summer. What’s summer without any horror experience?” Sehun added.

“Summer without any horror experience sounds like a perfect summer to me, well I don’t know about what you guys think.” Luhan said.

“You’re just scared hyung.” Sehun pouted.

“I agree with Joonmyeon, I don’t think we should go.” Yifan said.

“Thank you Kris, see even he said no.” Joonmyeon said.

“Yeah, yeah get a room.” Sehun waved them off.

“All because of what Kyungsoo hyung said and everyone is now scared to go?”

“I’m being serious here Sehun!” Kyungsoo said.

“Fine, we won’t go.” Jongin said softly.

“Whatever dude I’m still going.” Sehun scoffs.

 

And days passed with them arguing about that one trip that most of them weren’t willing to go and one that was stressing on how they had to go.

Oh how Sehun hated that he was the one stressing.

“For the last time Sehun, we are not going!” Joonmyeon screamed at Sehun.

Joonmyeon wasn’t one to yell or scream especially at Kris or any of them in that matter.

“You all aren’t but I am.” Sehun’s foot was set on the ground but so were Joonmyeon’s.

“Okay I had enough with the two of you yelling each other’s head off.” Yi Fan was the one who yelled next.

“Guys can you all come down.” He called everyone down.

 

Jongin, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Joonmyeon, Luhan and Yi Fan sat in the living room of the share house.

“Because Sehun wants to go and we all disagree with him and solely because I’m tired of hearing them screaming at each other. I propose that we go there but the second me or Kyungsoo sense something is off, we go straight home.” Yi Fan said.

“Do we have an agreement?” He looked around.

They all nodded even the reluctant Kyungsoo. And so they all started packing for the trip.

                                                                         ~

Sehun gets up after looking up at the clock, he has to leave soon. He changes into his black ripped jeans, and changes into a plain white shirt before shrugging on a leather jacket.

He was about to walk out the room when he turns around and opens his drawer and takes out a velvet box, he forgot his bracelet.

                                                                            ~

“What’s this?” Luhan came into his room with wide eyes that could rival Kyungsoo’s.

“That’s a box.” Sehun said.

“I mean this,” Luhan opened the velvet box to reveal a luxury bracelet.

“That’s a Cartier bracelet.” Sehun ran his hand through his hair, showing off a matching bracelet that was in the velvet box Luhan was wearing.

Luhan stared at him for a few moments before he walked over to him. Carefully he placed the box on the bedside table before he took a pillow and hit Sehun over and over again.

“Where did you get the money to buy such luxury things?”

“That single bracelet could feed us for months.”

“YOU STUPID BRAT AND YOU GOT TWO OF THEM?!”

“What the hell is going on with Luhan and Sehun?” Joonmyeon asked Yi Fan as they were sat in the living room upstairs of the share house, studying.

“Apparently, Sehun bought them a Cartier bracelet, the couple one? I don’t know anything about those things.” Yi Fan shrugged.

“Cartier?” Joonmyeon said in disbelief.

“I’M GONNA KILL YOU!”

“But you’re still going to wear it!” Joonmyeon said.

“He might hear you,” Yi Fan smiled.

“Nah, he won’t.”

“Anyway, are you sure about the trip, are you sure?” Joonmyeon said.

“No,” Yifan sighed.

“We shouldn’t go then.”

“Nothing will happen.”

“I hope so,”

                                                              ~

“Kris, can we go back?” Kyungsoo shuddered due to the coldness of the night.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Yifan nodded.

“Sehun,” They looked at Sehun.

“Relax,” Sehun continued to walk further into the woods.

“Sehun, please and you heard what that old man said.” Joonmyeon said.

“Hyung, nothing is happening. Why are you guys so scared?” Sehun snorted.

They all looked at Sehun, Jongin sighed as he draped his jacket on Kyungsoo.

“You guys can go back,” Sehun huffed.

“Just a little bit further, Kyungsoo and Jongin you guys can go back if you want to.” Yifan looked at Kyungsoo.

“It’s okay, just a little bit further is okay.”

                                                                       ~

“Avoid chasing the lights. Don’t look at the light.” Sehun whispers.

If only he had listened to those words back then.

                                                                     ~

They walked a little further in, Kyungsoo said that it’s fine, he didn’t feel uneasy anymore. So they went deeper. Sehun and Luhan were in front, leading with a flashlight and their hands claps together.

“Remember guys, don’t chase the lights.” Joonmyeon said from the back.

“I don’t see any light except for the flashlights.” Kyungsoo said and clung onto Jongin.

“Just keep it in mind.” Jongin holds Kyungsoo close.

 

“What’s this?” Luhan let go of his hand.

Luhan walked to a tree and kneeled down, for a second he felt a breath by his neck. He touched it, there was nothing nearby. He picks it up. An orb that is glowing, it's nothing like they have seen.

Suddenly, a howl and flowers popped out of the grown, vines dropped from the trees, Sehun quickly pulled Luhan to him. The flower then, lit up, burning with orange fire but not decaying as if the fire is a part of them. The orb then lost the light.

“What the hell happened?” Yifan frowned.

“Stay close,” Kyungsoo said.

“Soo, is everything alright?” Jongin noticed that Kyungsoo was shivering.

“I-I’ve seen this place before...”

“Indeed you have, Kyungsoo.” A mysterious voice chuckled.

“Where are you? Show yourself.”

“It’s not that easy Soo,”

“You have to find me first.”

“Guys lets go.” Kyungsoo tugged on Jongin’s hand.

“Not so fast,”

“Luhan, Luhan!” Sehun yelled.

Gray cloud started to come one of Luhan’s hand and his eyes were blank. He wasn’t awake. The boy spins in circle before a skeleton leads the boy into a dance, spinning the boy around further into the woods.

 “I’ll find you Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo hissed.

“Oh, one more thing,” They heard a slight tone of evil.

“I’ll be taking that little on with me.”

Glitter like light surrounds Joonmyeon and in an instant he was under a spell, he floated in the air. Joonmyeon looked like as if he was in water, swirling around the air. The yellow glitter stuck onto his clothes and a mere second he disappeared.

Luhan was still dancing merrily with the skeleton.

“Let’s go,” Yifan took the lead.

“Kyungsoo, just tell me if you feel uneasy.” Jongin said softly and he tried to comfort the older male.

                                                                              ~

“Sehun, you ready?” Joonmyeon comes into his room after work.

“Am I ready for what?” Sehun frowns at Joonmyeon.

“Here,” He tosses a plane ticket to Sehun.

“Hyung, why are we going to Beijing?”

“There are some things I never told you.”

                                                                              ~

They continue walking further in, the deeper they got the more uneasy Kyungsoo felt. As to seeing Luhan dancing with a skeleton and left wondering where the hell Joonmyeon disappeared too.  Sehun stopped walking and Yifan went next to Sehun to see why he had stopped walking. It was Luhan.

Luhan stopped dancing, and the skeleton fell to the ground, the sound of clacking bones and Luhan laughing but it wasn’t exactly his laugh. They could hear evil that flooded out of his mouth. And eyes that glimmered with a poisoning look. That wasn’t the Luhan Sehun loves.

 

Then it wasn’t Luhan anymore who was standing in front of them. It was Kyungsoo’s time to move forward, the hooded figure smirked.  The figure carried a long staff, with a light that glowed on top. Its eyes weren’t visible but they were sure that they do not want to see its eyes anyway, long blonde streaks of hair revealed themselves as he- after the moonlight made it clear to see, walked forward.

“Baekhyun,”

“Kyungsoo, we finally meet.”

“Oh, please. We’ve met a bunch of times, don’t think I haven’t notice.” Kyungsoo snorted.

They were all briefed that Kyungsoo is a little special, he could see things. And mostly this thing comes to him in his dreams. He has told Jongin about Baekhyun, as Baekhyun mostly gave him nightmares along with Chanyeol.

“Where’s Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked bravely.

“Hey, Yeol, you heard that?” Baekhyun called out.

Sehun, Yifan and Jongin’s eye wondered around the forest, panic started to rise as fire started to engulf the trees but Kyungsoo remained calm. He had seen this scene far too many times, and sometimes it ends with him being eaten alive by the fire. Chanyeol’s fires were very painful if made contact with to the point that sometimes Kyungsoo had burn marks on him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun put together were like standing inches away from the sun. They were the power duo.

Fire and light haunts Kyungsoo’s life.

A young man with red eyes hopped down next to Baekhyun. Kyungsoo would have point out the height difference if it weren’t for the tension that hung on the air between them.

“You know, the only reason we haunt you is-“Chanyeol begun to circle them.

“I know why, but, I will never give in to you two.” Kyungsoo hissed.

“Come on, it’ll be fun. The vines are waiting for you Kyungsoo. I can see it in you, taste it even.” Baekhyun taunted.

“What are they talking about Kyungsoo?” Yifan looked at him.

“Don’t pay attention to him, he’s spitting out nonsense.” Kyungsoo said which caused Chanyeol to chuckle.

“My, my, Kyungsoo is still denying it, what should we do Baek?” A ring of fire surrounded them.

“Don’t get too close to the fire.” Kyungsoo warned them all.

“Why are you doing this? We’ll leave just give out friends back!” Sehun yelled.

Chanyeol growled at him.

“Yeol, don’t hurt him. He was the reason they came, that beautiful boy’s lover.” Chanyeol smirked.

“Then, I guess he should have the special treatment right?” Baekhyun agreed with him.

Baekhyun lifted his hand, a ball of light formed in his hand, Kyungsoo gasped. He had them fired to him in his dreams, when he woke up. He couldn’t move.

“Sehun, dodge it.” Kyungsoo shivered.

“What if I don’t?” Sehun asked.

Maybe that was a wrong move because what Kyungsoo said after that lingered.

“Dodge it or die.”

Sehun swallowed his saliva.

                                                                            ~

“W-Why didn’t you tell me about this earlier?” Sehun grits his teeth.

“Sehun, I had to think it through.” Joonmyeon says.

He sighs, “I’m sorry.”

                                                                           ~

“Stop,” A new voice is heard.

“Oh who invited you here?” Baekhyun hissed.

Kyungsoo felt light headed, he grabbed onto Jongin, “Hyung, are you alright?”

Kyungsoo nodded and tried to recover from being weak in the knees but he couldn’t help it, this was how his body’s reacted to a much stronger power. Jongin kneeled down beside him and held him close. Then they saw Joonmyeon mysteriously floating in the air but his legs were tied down with vines, to keep him from disappearing, the glitters still surrounded him.

Baekhyun snorted, “So you were the one who took him from me.”

“Let them leave,” The flames died when that one voice spoke.

“Oh, we will but in exchange, we want Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol hissed.

“You know even if you have him, you will never rule this forest.” They couldn’t see the source of the voice.

“I rule this forest; you can’t take it from me.”

Kyungsoo slowly gets up, “Yixing,” he whispers.

“No! You will not rule this forest forever!” Baekhyun yells.

“Enough!” Baekhyun was by a lightning.

It landed straight to his heart, but it was just paralyzing not life threatening.

“How can you rule this crazy forest when you can’t even kill?”

“Believe me if I could, you two wouldn’t be here anymore.”

Baekhyun gets up with rage painted on his face, he glared to Kyungsoo.

“You can’t hurt me.”

“Baek, let’s go. We’re wasting time.” Chanyeol lifts Baekhyun up as the latter was paralyzed.

“Wait! What about Luhan and Joonmyeon?” Sehun shouted.

“Oh, don’t worry. Kyungsoo and Yixing will know what to do.” Chanyeol jumped into the trees and disappeared.

                                                                            ~

“Those useless fairies,” Yixing spat.

“How can we snap this two out of the trance?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Don’t worry about Joonmyeon, he’s under mine.” Yixing ran a hand over Joonmyeon’s face.

Joonmyeon’s body fell to the ground softly. His eyes were closed and he looked as if he’s in a deep sleep.

“Don’t worry about him, he’ll be alright when he wakes up tomorrow but him,” Yixing sighed at Luhan.

Luhan stood there motionless; eyes dazed, Kyungsoo and Yixing both knew that Baekhyun had one of the powerful spells. His power weren’t to be kid around with.

“There’s only one way to break this spell.” Yixing said.

“But the cost is big, especially to you, Sehun.”

Sehun looked at Luhan longingly; he saw that Luhan was wearing the bracelet he gave him.

“Goodbye love.”

                                                                             ~

Sehun can’t help that he still sees the stars when he looks in to a cup of water. The little sparks and glitters in the air. Even to this day, he could see it. Although not always but he still could see them from time to time.

“Hyung, can you see them too?” Sehun asks Joonmyeon as they drive to the airport.

Joonmyeon holds up his hand. Glitters circle them, Sehun gasps.

“Magic comes with a price to pay, when Yixing saved me from Baekhyun. I was given this.” Joonmyeon says.

“Well, I couldn’t let Luhan’s soul wonder in that forest. Separation wasn’t a great deal at that moment but when 3 years pass, it hurts.” Sehun says.

“I told Yixing that I wanted to break it, the barrier. But I may not be able to return here again.” Joonmyeon says.

“You’ll be stuck with Yixing forever?” Sehun asks.

“I don’t mind. It’d be with Yixing,”

“Why are you going out of your way just to help me?”

“I’m not; I just miss someone that I can’t have. Just like you.”

Sehun smiles slightly.

                                                                  ~

 

“Luhan, get up!” Yixing throws a pillow at Luhan.

“Leave me alone,” Luhan grumbles.

“You have guests.” Luhan sits up.

“They’re on their way.” Yixing adds before leaving the room.

Luhan sits on his bed, wondering who came. But his friends weren’t allowed to come near him because of the barrier. For a second he thinks, has the barrier broken down? He doubts it.

He gets up and showers, dressing himself nicely, when he got out of his room, he hears Joonmyeon’s voice, but it sounds like it’s over the phone. He couldn’t catch the words but it was like a spell being read.

For a second his world was spinning, he walks to the couch and lands on it when his knees gives up, a picture of the dark forest from 3 years ago flood his vision, he sees the witch with long blonde hair burning in pain. Before everything goes pitch black, but he hears the soft voice of Sehun.

 

Luhan was knocked out for two days straight, just enough time for Sehun and Joonmyeon to arrive and settle in. Joonmyeon didn’t need to do anything as how Baekhyun was killed by the painful fire of Chanyeol. Yixing didn’t go into the detail of how it happened.

Sehun doesn’t care all he knows is the spell broke and he can be with Luhan again. He brushes the bangs from Luhan’s eyes. He misses looking at the man sleeping, looking in peace while he sleeps. If he had to wait for a few more days, he would. Years even, just to see Luhan again, Sehun will wait an eternity.

But Sehun didn’t have to wait an eternity for Luhan, the next day Luhan woke up. Luhan wakes up feeling way better than he have ever felt in the past 3 years ever since the curse. He gets up after hearing the ruckus in the kitchen.

“Yixing, why are you so noisy?” Luhan croaks.

The noise stop,

Luhan stops walking when he sees it.

Sehun pulls Luhan into a tight hug.

“Hyung,”

“Sehun, what are you doing here? H-how can you come here? What about the barrier?” Luhan is at a loss for words.

“It doesn’t matter hyung, the curse is gone. We can be together again.” Sehun’s tears fall.

It doesn’t take long for Luhan’s to fall too.

So you can say that it’s a happy ending for them.

Yixing grabs Joonmyeon’s hand softly causing Joonmyeon to look at him. He smiles and gets a smile back, along with their fingers intertwining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that this is okay, and please do comment down below on how you think this is. Because I think I half assed this one too much! Anyway subscriber if you like it and do vote up