Final

Nightmare

Dripping with sweat from your cheeks, you slumped down on the benches along one side of the wall and panted, feeling the heat rising from your head. The small studio was finally quiet for once in the past two hours when you reached over and paused the music on your iPod before ruffling your short hair. You looked around absentmindedly as you slowly caught your breath, mind too tired to remember any more of the choreography you had been trying to make up, let alone come up with anymore movements. Letting your heavy eyelids take over, you closed your eyes and exhaled, trying to recover from the lack of sleep—well, good-quality sleep—you had last night. 

 
Suddenly, the door clicked open, and before you could open you eyes a pair of soft lips pressed tenderly on your temple. “Working hard, I see,” an accented voice said. “Don’t tire yourself out too much, alright?”
 
Despite how drained you were, a grin crept onto your face as your eyes batted open to see a boy—your boy—smiling back at you. You took in his sweat-drenched t-shirt and wet hair as he joined you on the bench. “I guess I can say the same to you, Park Jimin,” you raised your eyebrow and tried to play cool even though your heart fluttered on the inside. “How was the jam yesterday, by the way?” 
 
“Top 16 again,” He sighed but still with a smile. “The battle started at, like, 11:40-something, and by then we were dead tired from the cyphers.” 
 
“That’s okay,” you comforted, “You wouldn’t even have passed the preliminary if you didn’t cypher hard.” 
 
“True,” He nodded in agreement before looking at you. “Anyway, what about you? When did you go to sleep after you left?” 
 
At the mention of sleep, your smile wavered as your dream from last night resurfaced in your mind. You tried to recover your expression, but it was too late. The look on Jimin’s face turned from lighthearted to mildly worried instantly, and you knew you couldn’t lie to him. He didn’t even need to ask “what’s wrong”, and you were damn sure he wanted an explanation of some sort for your sudden mood change. “I had a nightmare last night,” you chuckled despite how much it bothered you. Looking back at him with a reassuring grin, you added, “One in a very long time.” 
 
Your disguise must not have been really good, for he raised his brow amusingly yet still pressed on, worry evident in his voice, “Oh? What was it about?” 
 
Oh God. You looked down and sighed. “You,” you said in a small voice before looking back up at him, quickly adding as you saw his expression with a smile, “but it’s nothing much, just a dream.” 
 
“Well it’s not ‘nothing much’ if I’m in it,” Jimin replied quickly, the eagerness masking how serious he was. “Come on, tell me.” He looked into your eyes so expectantly that you couldn’t stop yourself from letting go. 
 
“Okay fine,” you complied. “But don’t laugh at me, alright?” After seeing his nod, you began,
 
“Okay, so it was something like, so I was walking into the studio one day and when I first looked into the room you were standing there facing the wall for some reason. So I was going to sneak up and scare you, but when I took another step and the angle changed and I saw someone between you and the wall. I don’t know who it was, but it was this girl with long, black hair in a dress, and you held her against the wall and… the two of you were… kissing…” Your swallowed and tried to sound nonchalant. You didn’t tell him how one of his hands were on the wall next to her head while the other hand was on her shoulder, and her hands were pressed into his back and clinging onto the back of his neck. It was exactly how your first kiss with him was like. You continued,
 
“So then I was weirded out and confused and sad and stuff and I backed out of the room quietly and started running out into the open. I was panting really hard and sat at the stairs outside and it was snowing for some reason. I don’t know how much time passed but then Taehyung suddenly appeared and was like, ‘what’s wrong?’ and I looked at him and started crying and told him what I saw. And as soon as I finished he took off running down the stairs and looked really angry.” You looked up at Jimin to see his reaction, but you couldn’t read his expression as he looked at you hard.  
 
“Anyway, then somehow I was looking into the studio again and saw him shoving you up against the mirror and grabbing your collar and yelling into your face something like, ‘what the hell do you think you are doing?! Why are you doing this to ________?!’ And then you caught my eyes and pushed Taehyung off and rushed towards me and I think you were trying to explain something but I started running away again. I was running out on the streets until I hit this weird dead end somewhere and there was that girl in the dress that you were kissing and I was trying to back up but she walked up to me and was like, ‘guess what? I have Jimin’s heart now. Oh wait, he never loved you in the beginning anyway!’ And then she started laughing and it got louder and louder until I covered my ears and cried and fell to the ground and passed out. And then I woke up.” You didn’t tell him you woke up shaking with your hands clutching your sheets and a soaked pillow. 
 
You sighed and concluded, trying to convince yourself in the mean time, “anyway, it’s just a dream, no big-“ 
 
Before you could say any more, Jimin’s mouth were on yours, swallowing the rest of your sentence. You could feel the heat from his palm as it rested lightly on your cheek, and instinctively you shut your eyes and wrapped your arm around his back. His lips moved slowly, beckoning you to follow as he pecked lovingly at your lips. Following his lead, your tongues danced around each other in a slow waltz as you breathed in his scent, his comfort, his care. 
 
His kiss wiped away your fear and promised you of all his love. 
 
It seemed like forever when Jimin finally pulled away slowly, and you were pretty sure forever was not enough for you. Nevertheless, you bit your lip and smiled shyly as you caught his gaze and relieved smile. He leaned your head to rest on his strong shoulder. “Better now?” 
 
You closed your eyes, and the nightmare vanished. 
 
“Definitely.”