Secrets

Waking Up to a Dream

Good evening everyone, I am Kim Kibum, bringing you the most recent stories in the country. For now, the DaeGukNamAh incident has been pretty quiet, though the old saying about a calm before a storm has my reporters' instincts tingling. On another note, a battle has been raging for a few days now concerning Jolin Tsai's and Girls' Generation's fans, the former accused of plagiarizing a paparazzi scene. Here to give some counter arguments is an anti-Generation fan, Ak Shidae.

"Thank you, Kim Kibum, for having me. Now I'll have everyone know that Girls' Generation's 'Twinkle' is nothing more than a cauldron of plagiarized material. First of all, they stole an idea from Infinite's 'Come Back To Me' - there's a dog in the video. Next up, they took the 'three people singing while sitting' scene from Tritops' 'Love Addiction.' And an almost unnamable horror: they even plagiarized the band that they came from. Yes, it's true. In their past videos, Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun were present, and they all show up in this video!! As you can see, 'Twinkle' has plagiarized so much that Sones have no business pointing their fingers. That is all, thank you."


It was a pretty lonely day for Hyunil while the four other men went to go practice some choreography and songs, mostly to redistribute things to the four of them. There wasn't much to be done, so he opted to watch a movie after sweeping up the place a bit. While it was a pretty generic plot, the actors did a fine enough job, especially that one handsome guy that spent practically all of his time in his room shirtless. The movie ended without much of a flare, but thankfully, it was just about time for the guys to return. Hyunil couldn't put his finger on it, but there was something that was making his stomach churn and had him feel like he was going to throw up.

When the door opened, the guys came in and rushed to the table to eat, all except for Karam, who took Hyunil by the arm and took him to his room. Jay used to stay in that room too.

"I just want you to know, Hyunil," Karam sighed, "that whatever happens, I'll be here for you. And no matter what you choose to do, I'll support you."

"Karam," Hyunil nearly backed away. If they had gotten close, he had no memory of it. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing, I just want you to know that."

And just like that, Karam walked out, ending the conversation just as abruptly as he had started it, leaving Hyunil in what felt like emotional whiplash. In his confusion, he walked out of the room, but not before a forgotten feeling aded his heart. Looking at where used to sleep, he thought he felt a sort of resentment toward the dancer, although he couldn't imagine what it would stem from. In the end, he thought of it as nothing, so he went back out to find Injun sitting on the couch. Hyunil immediately went to go lay on his husband's shoulder, content for the evening to remain like this with nothing to disturb them. Of course, Hyunmin had to come and start joking around and disturb the peace, but no one reprimanded him for it. In fact, they usually enjoyed his sense of humor.

Well into that, though, Karam gave a sort of signal, after which he went into his room followed by Mika and Hyunmin, leaving the married couple alone on the couch. In the comfortable silence, Hyunil leaned his head against Injun's shoulder and sighed contentedly. He thought it would take some time to get used to the idea of being married to his dream guy, but he found it surprisingly easy to mesh with him the past few days. But Injun sighed, tense from something that he'd been meaning to talk about since Hyunil woke up.

"Sweetie," he closed his eyes and frantically searched for courage within himself, "there's something we need to talk about."

"Sure, Injun," Hyunil smiled, grabbing his husbands arm lovingly.

"It's about your accident. You know, the hospital said that there was nothing out of the ordinary in your body, so you couldn't have been drunk or high when you did it. That leaves only one explanation: you drove into that fence to end your life."

"What?" The thought was absurd, since Hyunil never thought that he would ever have the will to do something like that. "Are you out of your mind? I could just as easily have swerved out of the way and gotten into that accident...accidentally."

"No, Hyunil, it was intentional. There were no other cars, and nobody called for an accident. And besides, I know the reason you went ahead and did that."

With tears glistening in his eyes, Injun stood up and fumbled with his hands, clearly still trying to find whatever traces of courage were in him. Hyunil watched him nervously, thinking that perhaps he didn't want to know anything about it. Then again, if they chose to ignore it, Injun would never properly heal, which would drive him crazy and most likely end in that divorce they intended to do at the first months of their marriage. Almost hestitantly, he listened.

"I just want you to know that I've come to love you in the months we spent together," Injun continued, "and I'm truly thankful that you were crazy enough to have me unknowingly sign that marriage certificate. If there was anything I would want, it would be to remain with you until death do us part."

"Will you just tell me what you're talking about?"

A moment of silence passed before Injun opened his mouth, attempting to say what he had tried to say, but no sound able to come out. That is, until Hyunil prodded him with a little bit of force.

"I'm sorry, Hyunil," Injun lowered his head, clearly ashamed. "You know how close Jay and I were. Even after you and I got serious about our relationship, I would still spend a lot of my time with him because he's gotten to be such a good friend over the years. It's just that when you were on a trip home, Jay and I had gotten to talking, and before we knew it...we..."

The air seemed to become too thick to breathe as Hyunil realized what his husband was saying. He thought Injun had meant something else, but all of his senses dulled as he stood gaping in shock, much like the first time this happened.

"You," Hyunil breathed out when he halfway regained himself. "You slept with him."

There was no need for Injun to answer, much like the first time.

"That's why he left," Hyunil started crying. "That's why I rammed into that fence."

"Honey I--" Injun started, but he was cut off.

"Don't."

Just like the first time, Injun tried to give Hyunil a hug, but the latter refused him again, instead stumbling over to get his coat and keys through the tears that blurred his vision. His husband called after him, but he shut his ears and ran out of the house, car keys in hand. He wanted to get away before Injun could have a chance to stop him, the feelings of the weeks before suddenly returning to him in a huge wave. Although he still didn't remember anything, he could suddenly recall the feelings of betrayal, loneliness, hurt. He tried to keep from crying too hard, but it only worsened the more he tried. From the side window, he could see Injun coming out of the house, shouting and pleading for him to stop. Hyunil ignored him and sped off.

Exactly like the first time.