Part I

Only One For Me

A/N - This is the spin-off, if you will, of "Indebted To You." While it's not totally necessary to read that one first, it will help their relationship and some of the references make more sense, so I definitely recommend doing that first :)

Kyungsoo

Sometimes, I think that maybe we moved too fast. 

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy living with Kai. I loved it actually. I loved falling asleep in his arms and waking up to the sound of the soft snores he adamantly denied making. I loved when he surprised me with a home-cooked meal after a long day of work and classes. There were plenty of things I loved about living with my boyfriend, but with the good comes the bad, right?

They weren't bad things more so than annoying things. Like how he never cleaned the dishes after he used them or could never seem to remember to put the toilet seat down or close cabinets all the way. These things weren't deal breakers of course, and I had to partially blame myself for allowing him to keep doing those little things because I just cleaned up after him every time. We hadn't really even had our first argument yet, though, so I was afraid to nag too much. 

But if I didn't even comfortable enough to bring up the little things that bothered me to him yet, why were we living together?

I asked myself questions like that a lot, but again, I didn't bring it up to Kai. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea or think that I regretted moving in with him. It's just that sometimes, especially when I looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were living separately but still seemed happy, I wondered if we should have waited a little longer. I mean, I didn't plan on breaking up with him any time soon, so there was no need to rush things. 

Kai didn't see it like that, though, I guess. I think he thought it would be better for me if I moved out of my parents' house considering that we never really sat down and talked through our issues after I "ran away." In some ways, he was right; I definitely don't feel as a suffocated in our place. In other ways, though, I think braving through a year or so more at my parents' house would have been worth it. At least that way, I would most likely have felt more emotionally confident to move in with Kai.

It was too late to turn back, though.

As I was making coffee in the kitchen one morning, checking the time on my watch every few seconds to make sure I wouldn't be late, I was startled a little when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. 

"Mornin', baby," Kai mumbled sleepily into my shoulder blade.

"Morning, sleepyhead," I said, bending my arm so I could pet his head a few times. "Sleep okay?"

"Mhm," he hummed, sighing afterward. I chuckled; I always found him to be cute when he first woke up. "You have class today?" His chin was resting on my shoulder now

"Yep, it's the start of the new semester," I answered, feeling a hint of excitement coursing through me. "I just have three today and then I'm covering someone's shift at the book store for a couple of hours. But then I'm all yours."

"Good. I didn't think I'd make it with how many classes you were taking last semester."

I laughed. "Yeah, but the more I take now, the less I have to take later."

"Fair enough, but I still think I'm more important than your education."

"Of course, you are." I laughed again, this time turning around to gently pinch the pout on his lips. "What about you? Do you have any classes today?"

"Unfortunately," he groaned as he stood up straight and removed his arms from around me. "I mean, I get that I have to like be certified to teach dance or whatever if I don't have some big career, but I've literally been going to the studio since I could walk. Isn't that certification enough?"

"I'm sure it has very little to do with your skills and more to do with preparing you for what you may not expect," I reasoned, handing him a cup of coffee with extra milk just how he liked it. "You'll be better for it in the end."

He rolled his eyes as he took a sip. "Oh, I also picked up a shift at the store this afternoon, but I'll be back around dinner time," he added, sounding much more awake now. 

"Okay, I was just gonna pick us up something if that's okay. I have a feeling I won't want to do anything when I get home."

"That's fine by me as long as you're paying for it," he replied, making me chuckle. I checked the time again and upon seeing that there were only a couple of minutes until I had to leave, I poured some plain, black coffee into my usual travel mug. 

"Text me today?" I said as I threw on my backpack and made sure I had all of my stuff. He hummed and nodded affirmatively mid-sip, and I pecked his cheek with a kiss before heading to the door. As I put my shoes on, I heard him open the fridge and add a little bit more milk into his coffee. I chuckled to myself and shook my head. Then after opening the door, I started toward the bus stop. 

Kai

When I showed up at the studio about eight minutes after I was supposed to, I noticed that Mrs. Han was in her usual spot behind the desk in the lobby. 

"As punctual as ever, Kim," she commented, looking at me through her reading glasses.

"Hey, I was only eight minutes late today. That's a new record for me," I responded as I walked over to the desk. 

"Good then maybe one day you'll actually be here at 9 sharp like you're supposed to be." I just laughed and smiled at her, prompting her to shake her head. "I often wonder why I chose you to take over for me."

"Because I'm the best student you ever had and you like me more than anyone else you've ever taught?"

She stared at me for a moment before chuckling. "Something like that," she said as she looked away. I laughed again. "Now go get ready. Our first class will be here soon and I'm letting you take charge today."

"Yes!" I exclaimed excitedly. "I promise, I won't let you down."

"Uh-huh, sure, just go." She waved me off and I chuckled once more before heading back to the locker room to change clothes.

:::::::::

I ended up leaving the studio a little after one in the afternoon and pulled out my phone to text Kyungsoo on the way to the store.

To: Soo 🧁
On my way to my next shift
Give me an excuse to not show up?

Sent: 1:05 p.m.

From: Soo 🧁
You know I don't support laziness. It's just a few hours, you'll be fine.
Sent: 1:07 p.m.

To: Soo 🧁
But i dont wannaaaaaa
I wanna go home and cuddle and make out with you

Sent: 1:08 p.m.

From: Soo 🧁
Lol well if you can get through a few hours without complaining or pissing anyone off, we can do more than just cuddle and make out.
Sent: 1:10 p.m.

To: Soo 🧁
BABE DONT TEASE ME
Sent: 1:11 p.m.

From: Soo 🧁
Think of it as a reward ;)
See you at home. Love you x

Sent: 1:14 p.m.

"ing tease," I grumbled under my breath, letting a grin slowly form on my lips. Then, I turned my phone and kept heading in the direction of the store. 

After my shift ended there, I headed home, opting to walk rather than take the bus. It took a little longer, but I didn't mind the extra minutes, especially when there were a lot of thoughts floating around in my head.

I could see the kitchen light through the window from the ground floor, causing a faint smile to appear on my face. I picked up the pace a little and used the elevator to go up to the third floor. Once I typed the code in, pushed the door open, and took my shoes off by the entryway, I instantly walked in and looked for Kyungsoo. I ended up finding him back in our bedroom in the middle of changing into more comfortable clothes.

"I didn't complain for the entire four and a half hours," I said as I wrapped my arms around his torso before he could put his shirt on. 

"Is that so?" he said with a laugh, leaning into me a little.

"Yep," I said right before I leaned to kiss his shoulder. "I think that means I get my reward now."

He laughed again. "What about dinner?" he asked, tilting his head to give me better access to his neck. "It'll get cold."

"Mm, that's why we have a microwave," I mumbled against the softness of his skin. He chuckled lowly as I kept trailing kiss all the way to his mouth. Turning around, he propped his arms around my neck as my hands found their way to caress his . He just gazed at me for a moment before leaning in and reconnecting our lips in a soft, tender kiss that quickly grew deeper.

Admittedly, the food wasn't as good as it would have been freshly hot, but I thought it was worth it.

A/N

I finally finished "Indebted To You" and now I'm here! I think the changes I made to that story will help make this story better, but it also means I will most likely just be rewriting most of it lol. But it is a little shorter than that one, so hopefully it won't take as long but I make no promises lmao.