Intro

Forbidden lover

After she got tired of walking around her family's property, Minji sat down on the bench by the lake. Her empty stare focused on the wild ducks swimming inside, but she barely noticed them. Her mind was somewhere else. Decision that only she could decide, troubled her mind once again. The time has come for her to decide her future and future of her whole family.

Suddenly, she felt someone's presence. She turned around and saw a man behind her, casually leaning on the tree.

- Kai! I told you not to sneak up on me like that. - she said with annoyed tone in her voice.

He just smirked and looked into the distance. Minji kept looking at him. His brown eyes were lost in the distance and wind kept playing with wisps of his silver hair. There was something about him that made her heart skip a beat everytime he appeared.

- What are you doing here? - she asked him.

- Your father sent me to find you. - he answered locking his eyes on her.

- Well, you've found me. - she got up from the bench and turned away from him. Feelimg embarressed from his stare, her cheeks turned red and she didn't want him to notice that. They were standing like that for a while. Minaji didn't want to go even though she knew she'll eventually have to.

- Your father is waiting. - Kai broke the silence.

- I know, Kai. - she answered quietly and started walking towards her house. Kai followed her.

- Are you ready? - he asked.

- I think I am. - she answered with a week smile on her face - I'm the only one now that can save our company, it's my duty to accept their propsal. It'll unite our companies and dad will finally have a chance to save his work.

- I know that you say you'll do the right thing, but you don't sound really sure about your decision. - Kai said.

She smirked.

- That' s true. I'm not sure. As a matter of fact, I'm sure that I don't wanna accept it. But, I have to. 

They waked slowly towards the house. Last moments before she'll sign the paper, she wanted to spend them in Kai's company. To her, Kai was everything. The member of her family and her best friend.

Kai walked into her life when she was around 6 years old. Kai was then 4 years old and her father brought him to live with them after he lost his parents in a car accident. Considering Kai's father was one of her father's colleagues and his best friend, he decided to take Kai and rase him as his own son.

Firstly, Mina wasn't really excited about having a brother but, as the years passed by, they became really close. Too close in her opinion. With years, Kai grew up from little annoying brother into handsome young man who was always there for her, comforted her when she was upset and made her smile every day. And day by day her feelings for him changed. She considered him her friend and she didn't want to accept the fact that in her heart he was more than that.

- You know that I respect your father like he's my own, but suggesting you something like this is not right. - he said.

- If I can save my family and the company, I will. You know that. Me marrying Mr. Lee's son will merge our companies, it'll save us from bankrupting. - she answered.

They got to the doors. She turned to him and smiled.

- Thank you for your concerns. I'll be fine. - she said as she opened the doors and entered the house.

Kai stayed outside and sat on one of the chairs in the garden. Same words kept going trough his mind from the moment he heard she'll have to get married.

"Why do you have to get married to someone else? Why it can't be me?"