Chapter 1

Red Tangled Wires
Please log in to read the full chapter

The scent of alcohol and cheap snack ran through the air. It spread to various people as they ate and talked. People didn’t mind as they already used to the unfancy surrounding. They were not at the place to complain about it.

 

Ms. Do Kyungsoon ate her rice and stew quietly. Rice and stew was clearly not Kyungsoon’s favorite dish, but her wallet clearly insisted so. She herself liked seasoned fried chicken better than rice and stew. However, she didn’t have time to daydream as she had to hurry to get the next train to her apartment. So she ate her dinner faster.

 

Nobody asked why Kyungsoon ate faster than before, and nobody noticed her. Those people who ate at the same room with her just continued eating and talking. They ate and talked while earth was rotating, making history. While people around Kyungsoon was talking and eating, somewhere there was a woman who cooked breakfast for her family, or a man who just crashed his car to a very big tree.

 

After Kyungsoon had finished her dinner, she walked to the cashier and paid for it. She went out from the poor diner and walked until she saw the twinkling lights from the prettier part of Seoul. Those twinkling lights could fool and hypnotize people. In the end they were just lights to relieve the darkness from the sunless sky. Those lights didn’t promise and give anything to people around them, except relieving the darkness. They existed merely to make the night prettier. But this was real life and Kyungsoon’s life wasn’t pretty.

 

***

 

“I’m not in the mood.”

 

Yifan stopped roaming his hands on Kyungoon’s body while Junmyeon’s eyes were widening due to Kyungsoon’s words.

 

Kyungsoon laid above flowery silk sheet. The wall of the room was attached by geometry and firebrick wallpaper. The bedside lamp has a flowery pattern, just like the sheet. Kyungsoon always felt that the room gave a feeling of sensuality and melancholy. It also reminded Kyungsoon on the atmosphere of In the Mood for Love, which is Kyungsoon’s favorite film. But the film was about chasteness and unresolved , which were nothing between Kyungsoon, Yifan, and Junmyeon. Oh, they always looked something to relieve the tension, whether ual or not. They were no hypocrite in expressing desire, lust, and need. For them, chasteness is another name for unsatisfication.

 

“ you, Do. You haven’t been in the mood for six weeks! And it isn’t good!”

 

Even without saying words, Kim Junmyeon was as unhappy as her...male roommate. There was a big project going on her company and her boss had been pushing her for about four months. She needed something to dump her stress, and a little with her roommates would be perfect for it. Yifan’s le

Please log in to read the full chapter