Final

Can I get your number?

Jonghyun has been walking around the library browsing for a book that will surely pick his interest but failing so badly. There was no book who interest him. All of the books that he is seeing was about love. He was tired of those things. Having his third relationship a failure, he no longer wanted another trouble.

 

He finally found a book that picked his interest -its all about a European History and he would prefer it than a sick love stories- when fingers touched his. He marvelled at how the touch lingered on his skin for a while before finally turning to the guy. The face that welcomed him was a guy with a slightly chubby cheeks, thick reading glasses and thin slit like eyes. "Uh..." Jonghyun muttered because really, he can't describe the guy other than cute.

"Oh!" Jonghyun watched as the guy's eyes widen a little. "Are you going to read that?" The cute guy asked pointing at the book they both reached out a while ago.

That woke Jonghyun. He turned to the book and nodded. "I was about to, but it looks like you needed it yourself." He said.

The cute guy smiled and once again Jonghyun was taken aback. "Actually, I really do need that book. I hope you don't mind if I'll take it." He said.

Jonghyun shook his head. "No, I won't" He said.

The cute guy's smile widen. "Gomawo!" Thren he took the book and walked away.

Jonghyun was stunned for a while. He was too mesmerized on how beautiful the guy's smile was when he realized that he didn't asked for the guy's number, much less his name. He ruffled his hair in frustration. "Aish! Pabo!" He scolded himself.

--

Jinki focused on the book he was reading on the far corner of the library. He was actually trying to finish his thesis about European History. He searched a lot and was only putting the final touches. He was so into his work that he was startled to feel his phone vibrating inside his pockets. He took it out and sighed seeing the registered number. "Nae, Key?" He answered.

"...Hyung! I have good news for you!" His friend said excitedly.

"And what is it? It better be good because you're disrupting me from working on my thesis." Jinki said.

"Oh it is!" Key exclaimed. "You see, we were invited to the Paradise Club! The shop owned by the famous Kim Jonghyun!"

Jinki frowned. "Okay, who?" He asked.

"...Kim Jonghyun! Don't you know him?" Key asked in disbelief that a person don't have any idea on who Kim Jonghyun was.

"Is he a famous painter?" Jinki asked.

"...No!" 

"Okay, a writer?" Jinki tried again.

"...Seriously hyung? Don't you know Kim Jonghyun? The famous singer? The one who sang 'Crazy' that made everyone... crazy!" Jinki rolled his eyes at the word play Key did.

"I'm serious Key. I don't know that Jonghyun guy. I don't watch TV often." He replied

"...But I'm sure you read the morning paper. Jonghyun is all over the news!" Key informed.

"I read the morning paper alright, but only the most informative news. I don't intend to be updated with worthless things." He answered. "Anyway, I'm not going to that club. I have better things to do." 

"...Yeah right, like burying yourself on a pile of books? Very studious hyung." Key said sarcastically. "But we can't ignore that invitation. Minho worked so hard to get us the invites. Jonghyun prefers to have a private party for his club's opening." 

Jinki sighed. " What time?" He asked finally giving up. He was well aware that what Key wants, Key gets.

Key squealed on the other side of the line. "Yes! Taemin and I will pick you up by 6! I love you hyung!" He said before hanging up.

Jinki stared on his phone for a while before sighing. "Why am I even friends with this guy?" He asked himself. He glanced on his surroundings. "So much for my thesis."

--

Jonghyun has been sulking on the corner ever since the cute guy left along with the book he wanted. His phone rang, he sighed first before answering. "Hello?" 

"...Hyung, the club is ready for the opening. The drinks and decorations are done. I'm positive that we can start by 6 tonight." Jonghyun heard his bestfriend Minho said.

He nodded despite knowing that Minho won't see him. "Okay, I got it. Be sure that no media will come. I want this opening to be private."

"Yes hyung. I invited my friends. I hope you don't mind." Minho said.

"That's okay Minho. Atleast you have someone to invite." Jonghyun said. Then the cute guy's face flashed in his mind. He should've got his number and invited him for the party.

"Thanks hyung. I need to go. I'll pick up my boyfriend and his friends tonight. Bye hyung!" And the call ended. 

Jonghyun sighed. 'Hey! Is that Jonghyun-oppa?' Jonghyun turned to see a girl staring at him. He winked at her making the girl blush before leaving.

"Time to go." He said to himself.

--

Jinki wrinkled his nose because of the smell. He was never one to enjoy parties. He drinks but only when he's alone because he knew that he will directly fall asleep afterwards. He glanced around and saw Key dancing shamelessly with a tall guy named Minho. He tried to look for his brother Taemin but the younger was nowhere to be seen. He sighed. He wanted to go home and finish his thesis. He took out the book he borrowed at the library and was thankful that he decided to bring it. 

The book was entitled 'The European History.' He was using it for his thesis. And suddenly, he remembered the handsome guy he saw at the library a while ago. 

"What could be his name?" Jinki asked no one in particular. "I forgot to ask." He sighed once again, deciding to read the book than drink just to end up with a hangover.

--

"Hyung, meet my boyfriend." Minho introduced the guy beside him. "He is Kim Kibum."

Jonghyun smiled at him. "Nice to meet you Kibum." 

Key smiled. "I go by Key. Hey! Would you like to meet my friends?" He asked.

"Sure." Jonghyun agreed.

Key tried to look for Taemin but it seems the younger was busy with something. "Sorry Jonghyun, I guess you can only meet one friend of mine. His name was Jinki. He doesn't like socializing much. So I'm sure he's around the corner." He said. "Would you believe me if I tell you that he doesn't have any idea on who you are?" 

"Really? That's surprising." Jonghyun was amused by how Minho's boyfriend can talk non-stop and how his friend doesn't have any idea on who he is when his face was plastered all over Korea, broacasted in every channel and the headlines of every newspaper.

"Tell me about it." Key said. He was a bit shy so bear with him." He added noticing a lone figure on the far corner of the club, bent forward. Obviously reading a book. "Look! It's him! And he's reading a book. Aish! That old man." 

Jonghyun stared at the guy for a while. Amused that he could read in a noisy place like his club. Where it reeks with alcohol and distractingly sweaty bodies.

"Jinki-hyung!" Key called out. The guy looked up that wiped off the amusement on Jonghyun's face and change it with shock.

--

Jinki turned to look at Key who called out for him. He frowned at him. "Key." He called back.

"Hyung! What the heck! You are not supposed to read a book in a club! You are supposed to party!" Key scolded him.

"What can I do. I'm bored okay. I don't want to drink and end up with a huge hangover." Jinki answered. 

Key sighed. "Anyway, meet Jonghyun. The owner of the club." He introduced the still stunned guy beside him.

Jinki turned to him and smiled. "Oh! Its you!" He said, he looked at Key. "I met him a while ago at the library. I didn't know you're Kim Jonghyun." He added turning back to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun forced a smile. "Same here." He glanced down at the book. "So you're reading the book." He said.

Jinki raised the book. "Yeah. I'm using it for my thesis." He said with a smile.

Minho narrowed his eyes. "I didn't know you went to a library hyung." He said.

Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, its my first time there. I was just so bored so I decided to change pace." He said.

"Anyway, you're Kim Jonghyun right? I'm Lee Jinki. I just think we should just formally introduce each other." Jinki said.

Jonghyun felt a smile creeping out his face. "Yeah. Nice meeting you Jinki." He said.

Key cleared his throat. "Excuse me, maybe we should go. I wanna dance with my boyfriend." He said pulling Minho on the dance floor.

Jinki chuckled on his friend's behaviour. "Excuse that diva. He's weird in every way possible. I guess that's how we became close. We have something in common." He said.

Jonghyun stared at Jinki longer than he should be."Uh... Jonghyun-ssi?" Jinki asked noticing the stare Jonghyun was giving him.

Jonghyun jerked up and felt awkward. "Oh! Sorry about that. I guess I spaced out because I was a bit tired with fixing some documents for this baby." He excused lamely. "Anyway, why aren't you drinking? You don't drink?" 

"Oh no I do! Its just that I don't want to drink in a club. I'm afraid I would wake up with a bad hangover." Jinki answered. "Or with a stranger."

"I see." Jonghyun said. And silence made its way between them. Jonghyun cleared his throat. "Anyway, Key told me that you don't have any idea on who I am." He said, looking at Jinki.

Jinki chuckled awkwardly. "Well you see. I don't watch TV often. I'm always stucked with the morning paper." He answered.

"But I'm always the headlines. Especially when I released my latest single Crazy." Jonghyun said.

"Truth is, I'm not interested with the Entertainment Column. Once I got my hands on a morning paper, I would immediately browse the Economy Column and the latest news about the Government." Jinki said honestly.

Jonghyun was kind of disappointed that Jinki didn't know him. Its a shame that such a cute guy isn't interested in him. Jinki noticed the look on Jonghyun's face and panicked to cheer him up. 

"How about this, I listened once to your song and I liked it." Jinki said.

Jonghyun smiled to him. "You're just trying to cheer me up because you don't know me." He said.

"No! I actually did listened to it." Jinki assured. "Key was so excited about your comeback that he dragged me infront of the TV and squealed beside me. He even bad mouthed the girl you are with." He added.

"Really?" Jonghyun asked. "You liked my song?" 

Jinki smiled. He didn't know why but he felt comfortable with the singer even though they just met each other a while ago. "Yeah. The beat was catchy and the MV was hot. You look handsome." He commented.

Jonghyun smiled. They chatted for a while until Jinki got sleepy. He checked his watch and saw that is already around 4:00 in the morning, he should be sleeping right now or else he will miss his first subject or ends up with Joon dragging him and sleep in the class. Either way he'll stll end up sleeping and that ain't good.

"Sorry but look at the time. We all should get home now. I have a class tomorrow-- I mean later and I only have 6 hours of sleep left. I don't want to miss my first class. Its trigo and its difficult." Jinki said. 

Jonghyun looked sad because of that. He was having a good time just by talking with Jinki. He clearly forgot that this was his party and he should be drinking because-- yeah, this was a club. "I see."

"Yeah." Jinki said sadly. "I am having a great time with you Jonghyun but I really need to get the three of us home. I know Key and Taemin have an early class and I won't let them skip it. They can think of it as a little revenge." He added.

Jonghyun forced a smile and nodded. "I understand." He said. Jinki smiled to that. "If you don't mind, I would like to you home." He volunteered.

Jinki smiled and shook his head. "You don't need to do that. It feels like I'm going to trouble you. We could just grab a cab." He said. "I'm sober enough to take care of them."

Jonghyun held Jinki's hand that startled him. "No, I insist. Those guys are practically dead." And true to his words, Key and Taemin looked like they are already dead by the way they were lying on the club's couch. "I also don't think Minho would be able to drive you guys home. He seems out of it." Jinki turned to look at the tall guy and saw him spacing out with dazed eyes. He also pretended that its not a drool he saw gushing down his chin. Its pretty disgusting. "So, what do you say?" Jonghyun asked with a hopeful smile.

Jinki sighed. "Okay. If you insist." Jonghyun smiled to that.

The both of them joined forces on bringing Key and Taemin inside Jonghyun's car. Its a hard task because Taemin refused to go inside and was still asking for more champagne while Key was looking for Minho who was still left drooling-- Uh, spacing out on the couch.

Once they arrived on Key's apartment where he was sharing it with Taemin. Jonghyun helped Jinki tucked the two in bed. When everything was done, Jinki escorted Jonghyun outside to his car. 

"Thanks Jonghyun. For helping me with those idiots." Jinki said. 

Jonghyun smiled. "That's alright." He said. "Its also nice talking to you."

Jinki grinned. "Same to you." 

They stood there with awkwardness until Jinki decided to go inside. "So... Yeah. I'm going inside. Thanks again and drive home safely." Jinki said, turning away to go inside the apartment when Jonghyun stopped him.

"Wait Jinki!" Jonghyun exclaimed. Jinki turned to Jonghyun and the latter saw expectation in those brown orbs.

"Yes Jonghyun?" Jinki asked expecting something to happen.

Jonghyun his lower lip in nervousness. "Can... Can I..." Jinki smiled encouragingly at him. Jonghyun took a deep breath. "Can I get your number?" He finally asked.

Jinki's smile widen. His eyes turning into pretty crescents. "Yeah." Jinki aksed for Jonghyun's phone and dialed his number. "There." He said, handing back Jonghyun's phone. "I was afraid you'd never ask. I was actually hoping for you to." 

Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, I was planning on doing it while at the library but I was busy staring at your smile that I forgot." He admitted.

Jinki chuckled. "Anyway, you better go ahead. I bet Minho was drowning in his own saliva and that would be disgusting." He said. 

"Yeah." Jonghyun replied with a laugh. "I'm going. I'll text you later." 

"You should." Jinki said finally going inside the apartment.

Jonghyun boarded his car and stared at the window where he think Jinki was in and smiled. He took out his phone and typed a message.

'Hey! Jonghyun here. I was actually thinking of having coffee with you some other time. That is if you're not busy. -Jonghyun.' 

He re-read the message before sending it. After a while of waiting his phone beeped. 

'Sure, why not. Friday. I think I'm done with my thesis that time. -Jinki.'

He grinned to himself. He clutched his phone to his chest. Then after a while it vibrated continously. Someone was calling him. "Hello?"

"...You know you should really go home." It's Jinki.

"Oh! Sorry. I was really about to but I was just so happy that you agreed on going out with me." Jonghyun replied.

"...Looks like it. But really you should go home. We'll just meet on Friday." Jinki said.

"Okay. Good night Jinki." Jonghyun said.

Jinki chuckled on the other line. "I think what you mean was Good morning Jonghyun. Bye." 

"Bye." Jonghyun said and ended the call. He remained there for a while with a smile on his face when once again his phone vibrated.

'I told you. Go home already. Its very late. -Jinki.'

He looked out of his car and saw Jinki staring down at him. He smiled before finally leaving.

Jonghyun thinks that maybe he have a chance with Jinki. And maybe he doesn't mind that trouble very much.

--