First

You're Too Late

“Seriously? After two years and you just showed up like that?”

“Listen..I..”

“Just stop. I want to hear nothing from you.”

“What about us?”

“So? I don’t think there’s still a word..US! Just ing go away.”

***

I was walking through hallways, heading to school auditorium. It was a graduation day at my school. Sure, I was really happy but there was something that bothered me a lot. Well, I had a crush on school’s flower boy, Kim Jongin. I haven’t confessed my feeling to him, not that I wanted to confess it anyway but I did want him to notice this fast heartbeat and butterflies in my stomach. He is my first love, I saw nothing but him during those three years. So how could I move on? How could I forget him? How could I go to college without him around me?

“Dajung! Yah, Lee Dajung! C’mon, it’s about to start.” My best friend, Hayoung pulled my wrist and dragged me with her. We arrived at the auditorium and quickly found our seat. Dang, my seat was just beside him, Kim inghandsome Jongin.

“Hey.” He greeted and smiled with those plump lips. His hazel brown eyes looked so warm as if it also smiled to me.

“I feel so nervous.” I sighed as I set my eyes to our principal who was delivering a speech. I would be in his position next, delivering speech to represent students.

“Relax. Everything’s gonna be awesome. Not just alright but awesome. You can do it.” He flashed one more smile before I stood up and walked to the stage. Okay, first I was nervous about this speech thingy and then I became much more nervous because of Kim Jongins’ flawless aura. Fortunately, I could handle my feeling and delivered the speech well. As I scooted to my seat, other students stood up and clapped.

“See? I told you.” Jongin stood up and made a way for me. Again butterflies were flying in my stomach. That’s him, he never fail to make me hard to breath.

“Yeah, thank you. Anyway, how is your scholarship to England? I heard that you will be majoring in business.” Yes he already planned to go to England and go to a university there and me? Stay in Seoul. ? I know.

“I got accepted but I’m not sure. I think I will just stay here. Business is my interest but dance is my priority. I love dancing more than paper works.” He chuckled. We all knew that he is good at dancing but I never thought that he would let go that scholarship. It’s England we are talking about, but yeah passion is passion. We couldn’t stop anyone if it’s about what he/she really want.

“So what will you do here?” I asked curiously. He wouldn’t be doing nothing, right?

“I will go to Seoul National University but this time I choose to be majoring in dancing. They are still open up for a register. You are accepted there, aren’t you?”

“Yes, business and fashion design.” I smiled happily. Business and art are my field. I couldn’t choose one of them and fortunately they had a double degree program.

“We will be in the same department then. Modern art.” It hit my brain and woken up me. I would be seeing him a lot in the future! We would be in the same building every day.

“See you there, Mr.Kim.”

***

It was my first day in university and guess what? Kim Jongin picked me up from my condo and drove us to SNU. He was getting more and more part of my heart. I really fell in love with him.

“Should we go for a coffee first?” He looked at me. Maybe he noticed that I felt so nervous. I had no idea why he was so relax and calm. First day in university, would I gain friends? How’s the prof? How’s the class?

“Yes, please.”

In five minutes we already arrived at Starbuck’s. I ordered hot caramel machiatto while he ordered an ice Americano and a beef sandwich. Not so long after that, we had our coffees and sandwich served.

“Better now?” Jongin asked me after I took a sip of my coffee.

“A lot better. Thank you.” I was thankful that I wasn’t alone. I wasn’t lack of confidence but it is more comfortable to have someone you know beside you.

“Here, take some. I didn’t bite it, so feel free to eat. I don’t want to carry you around if you faint.” He chuckled and gave me his sandwich.

“I don’t expect you either.” I laughed at him.

***

Being in the same department, didn’t make us meet up a lot but we always managed to make time for meet up and having lunch together. Day by day, we were getting closer. Whenever he had a free time, he would go for me and gave me a sweetest smile ever from the window of my class. Since there’s no way he could talk to me, he would give me a sign to check my phone and we texted each other. So did I. I would go to his dance studio and got him snacks and water. Cheered him up from the window. Just like that day.

I was listening to the professor‘s boring lectures. He explained things that I’ve learned at home. Then I felt my phone vibrated, signaling a text message. Kim Jongin, of course. He texted me ‘Hey missy. Bored huh? Let’s go out with me.’ What the heck, he was asking me to skip this class..like really? ‘R u sure? How?’ I texted him. ‘U r sitting at the back, go out using that door beside u duh. He won’t notice u.’ I glared at him who was stood outside, in front of the window. Well, I had no other choice. I took my bag and pushed my table silently. With a sign to shut up for my friend beside me, I sneaked out.

“You are insane.” I laughed.

“And you are still be friend with me. C’mon we have many things to do.” Jongin took my wrist and pulled me with him. We were heading to the parking lot. His orange Nissan GTR was easy to be spotted.

“Where are we going?”

 “I don’t know. Where do you want to go?” Jongin threw me a smirk. Tsk, typical him. Always answer my question with a question.

“Pfft you are unbelievable.” I shooked my head.

“Okay okay. How about going to my house?”

“Your house?” What was his plan?  I mean his house? Seriously? I thought he would take me to mall or a café.

“Yeah, my house not my condo.”

“Well..okay.” No choice. Let's just follow him.

His house was a bit far from the heart of Seoul. There was almost no cars along the road. Seems like we were entering an elite neighborhood. Huge mansions were everywhere to be seen. I didn’t know that he is that rich.

“We are here.” We entered a huge elegant mansion. A beautiful garden with colorful flowers and carpeted with fresh green grass welcomed me.

“Nice mansion.” I smiled for what I saw.

“As nice as yours.” He led me went inside.

“How..how do you know?” From what he said, it sounded that he knew how my house looks like. He knew that I live in similar neighborhood like him. But how? I managed to keep my real identity in secret. I don’t want anyone knew the life I am living in. I am the heirs of Samsung and what? I am still a human.

“I have my way.” Jongin casually said. He took me upstairs, to a main dining room.

“Excuse me, sir. I have prepared everything. Should I serve the lunch?” A maid approached us and bowed.

“Yes, please. Did my mom come this morning?” Jongin asked the maid with unreadable face.

“No, sir.” Then the maid excused herself.

“You live alone?” I asked him as the maids served foods.

“Nope. I have maids with me.” He laughed bitterly. I felt him because I did live with maids, my parents were rarely at home. They busy flied here and there, was doing this and that, buying and selling stocks. I didn’t blame them but could they put just a bit trust on their staffs and make time for me? But yeah I guess not.

“Anyway let’s eat. I’m starving like hell.”

After the lunch, Jongin gave me tour around his house since I insisted to look around.

“And last but not least my room. Well, nothing is special here.” Jongin shrugged as we entered his room.

“This is what you called nothing’s special?” I shook my head. Actually Jongin’s room was pretty cool. The room was spacious and neat. He had the attic wallpapered just like a galaxy that could glow in the dark while all the wall was painted with dark blue.

“You like it?” Jongin smiled. He the 3D TV and lied on his bed.

“No. I love it. I think I should renovate my room from now.” I chuckled and walked around the room. I looked at photos that were hanging on the wall. Those are his picture since he graduated from elementary school. All with his friends but there was no sign of his family member. Then I knew it, his family didn’t care about him.

I wondered how it felt to be the youngest child in family but didn’t get any attention from his parents and his brother. At least I ever felt the warmth of my parents love when I was a child beside that I had Kris, my older brother to share everything.

“What’s with that serious face? What are you thinking about? C’mon let’s just watch a movie.” Jongin patted at the empty beside him.

“Nothing. What movie?” I followed him lying on the bed. We were so close which caused my heart beats faster. I could look into his eyes and his smile closer than ever.

“Ouija. I haven’t watched it yet. Well, here is the glasses.” He handed me a black 3D glasses and dimmed the light as the movie started.

“Wait, a horror movie?” I turned to look at him. Seriously? He liked those fake ghosts?

“Scared?” his word stung me. Well, okay I admit that I’m scared of those unseen things. That’s why I always hold Kris’s oppa hand and snuggled into him when that creepy and scary creature appeared.

“N..no.” I didn’t want him to know that I was scared. I would be brave just for once.

“Haha, c’mon it is not real. Here, if you are afraid eat this popcorns.” Jongin gave me a buck of popcorns and a cola. Tsk, a gentleman would give a woman his shoulder or hugs but him? Gave me popcorns. But he is still cute in my eyes.

The movie played a long as I munched the popcorn. I turned to look at Jongin. He was watching the movie seriously but there was no hint of scared. I love it, I love his serious face when he focuses on something. He is handsome that way.

***

“What is wrong with you?”

“I should be the one who is asking that question. Like what is wrong with you? You left me without explained anything particular and now when I finally move on, you come back like nothing had happened. The hell Kim Jongin.”

“Move on? Did you just…”

“Yes, I have moved on. Step away, I need to go to meet Sehun oppa.”

“No, you can’t.”

“I’m tired, Kai. Can you stop bugging me? I have nothing to give you.”

“Well, I simply want you.”

 

-end of chapter one-

Don't worry the story hasn't come to an end. We still have another chapter's waiting