Perfection

Perfection

 

Jonghyun was sitting inside of a cafe with his best friends as he suddenly saw something that sparked his interest.

It was the young man who had just ordered some sandwiches and muffins, flashing the woman behind the counter a gentle smile.

Though it wasn’t just that what sparked the brunette’s interests but also his appearance. His skin was incredibly pale, probably even paler than European skin normally was. He also had shining white hair and before Jonghyun could do anything else his hands had already grabbed his camera and shot a quick picture of the boy, looking at the outcome curiously.

Of course it was rude to do this but he just couldn’t resist. His inner photographer had forced him to take a picture after all, it wasn’t his fault.

“What did you see now?” Minho asked and leaned towards him to see the small screen of the camera, humming quietly while he looked at the picture.

“He’s over the-” Jonghyun wanted to say and had already lifted his arm but the young male wasn’t there anymore. He had already left which made the photographer pout slightly. That one would have been a really good muse. Such models were quite rare after all.

Too bad he hadn’t seen his face clearly.

He took another look at his picture which showed the person from the back how he gave the woman some money, his light skinned arm standing out in contrast to the dark wooden counter.

“Uhh that’s quiet daring hair,” Taemin said who was now leaning over the table as well.

“I think it suits him,” Jonghyun commented.

“He looks like a ghost,” Minho mumbled and the dino glared at him, felling offended all of the sudden for some unknown reason.

“He does not,” he argued back sulkily.

The tall male simply shrugged and went back to his piece of cake, taking a sip from his coffee. “Whatever you say, Mr. Photograph.”

Jonghyun huffed at his friend and rolled his eyes, complaining about their lack of sense for true art and perfection.

 

 

It was a coincidence, really.

Jonghyun had never dreamt of seeing the dazzling, light skinned male ever again but he did, just like that.

It must have been fate that gave him this opportunity to have such a breathtaking muse.

Instantly he took out his camera, turning his sitting position slightly sideways so he would have a better angle but still carefull so it wouldn’t look suspicious. He was a master of taking secret photographs after all.

His muse was sitting under a big tree, probably escaping the burning sun and her evil heat for a little while.

He wore some blue vans and a pair of beige shorts that stopped above his knees. His T-shirt was striped like a sailor’s and fell loosely. As finishing touch he had a light colored straw hat placed onto his fluffy looking white hair, a perfect outfit for a hot summer day.

Jonghyun zoomed in and tried to find a good spot to take a picture, slowly going up the model’s elegant legs before he halted and went back down a bit to the male’s knees, using his camera like a telescope.

The skin of his knees was pretty red and looked irritated, almost like had fallen down. Now that the photographer looked closer he saw that it was the same with his forearms and collarbones.

The dino took the camera down and looked over to the young man resting in the shade, debating what to do.

Although he was confident with his camera he wasn’t one to run to random strangers and ask if they were okay, especially with such an extraordinary one.

Not that he disliked talking with strangers, not at all, he enjoyed talking quite a lot but something held him back and made him think carefully about this situation.

What should he say?

“What’s wrong?” Jinki asked and leaned forward, trying to catch Jonghyun’s attention somehow since he had noticed him lowering his camera again without taking a picture which was quiet the rare occasion.

“He looks like he’s hurt,” Jonghyun mumbled and Jinki raised an eyebrow, following his friend’s line of vision. He spotted the male now as well and tried to figure out if he was actually hurt or if it was simply Jonghyun’s imagination.

Sadly he couldn’t see much because of the great distance.

“Hurt?” Taemin piped up and looked around until he spotted Jonghyun’s model as well. “Ah that’s the ghost-guy!” he exclaimed and the dino rolled his eyes, for once thankful for the distance between him and his muse (who was not a ghost for god’s sake!).

“We should help him if he’s hurt, right?” the youngest asked cheerfully and the others looked at him for some second before coming to the conclusion that he was indeed right. They should check up on him. He hadn’t really moved all this time after all which meant he was probably asleep.

If he wasn’t hurt they could simply go again and let him be…after Jonghyun had taken a few photos of course. Those little skin irritations wouldn’t stop him after all.

So they all stood up and approached the young man slowly, Jonghyun bouncing with excitement. He would see his muse up close!

Though the closer they came the more Jonghyun was convinced something was actually wrong with his model. He just hoped it was nothing serious.

He was in the middle of trying to come up with a decent sentence as Taemin already took that responsibility from him.

“Excuse me?” he asked and the male stirred slightly, blinking his eyes open and looking up at the four.

Jonghyun’s breath got caught in his throat once his saw this perfection. A pair of crystal clear blue eyes was looking up at him curiously but the owner seemed to have some trouble. He kept on blinking and screwed up his eyes, closing them after some moments and giving them an apologetic smile.

“Sorry, I can’t really keep my eyes open,” he explained and Jonghyun heard angels singing instead. His muse was indeed utter perfection. Everything about him was flawless and perfect. He just had to keep him.

“Is there something I can do for you?” he asked and shielded his eyes with both of his hands, probably forcing them open again to look back up at the four friends.

“Are you alright?” Minho asked and crooked his head getting a small laugh from the male who waved one of his hands slightly.

“Ah, no big deal. It’s just too bright for me, that’s all,” he explained.

Taemin was done staring like it seemed and knelt down next to the guy, taking his wrist and inspecting his arm curiously. Seems like he wasn’t done after all.

“So pale,” he mumbled awestruck before he received a kick aimed at his from Jinki, glaring back at his oldest friend with a pout.

“That’s rude,” the oldest simply said and Taemin grinned at the male next to him apologetically.

“Sorry.”

“Don’t worry, I get this all the time,” he explained with a smile, going back to shielding his eyes because it was probably still too bright for him.

“Did you hurt yourself?” Taemin continued to pry, pointing at the red spots spread cross the male’s skin who looked down at himself, probably not really knowing what the other was referring to.

“Oh...that? Nah, I was just in the sun for too long. I shouldn’t really do that but I do have to get home somehow after all,” he said, laughing softly once again while Taemin had a bunch of question marks above his head.

How long had this guy been out in the sun to get such sunburn? It must have seen hours if not days!

He received another kick aimed at his and protested this time, voicing his discomfort while Jinki continued to look down at him with a bored expression.

“He’s an albino, you airhead.”

A lightbulb went off in Taemin’s head and he slowly turned his head like a robot back to the male leaning against the tree.

“Seriously?” he asked with big, shining eyes like a small kid who had just received candy.

“Well, I guess I am.”

“Wah that’s sooo cool!”

“You think so?”

“Ouch! Jinki, stop doing that! That hurts, you smartass!”

“He gets sunburn easily, can’t be out in the sun and has poor eyesight. I don’t think there is a lot of coolness going on there,” the oldest said and Taemin grumbled something under his breath.

“And Jonghyun, stop taking pictures,” Jinki added and the dino looked like a deer caught in the headlights, lowering his camera slowly.

“Thanks, I was starting to get worried,” the albino said with a shy grin. “You sure are interesting people,” he then added which caused Jinki to sigh.

“You have no idea,” he mumbled quietly, sounding almost tired.

“So you’re escaping the sun?” he asked and sat down as well, followed by Minho and Jonghyun, the latter still staring at his muse like he was in a trance.

“Yeah I think I will have to wait until noon before I can go home. My skin already hates me for this,” the male said and looked at his arms and legs while making a face.

“I’m Kibum by the way,” the then added with a smile.

“I’m Taemin and this unfriendly smartass is Jinki, the beanpole is Minho, he doesn’t talk much so we forget him a lot, and the crazy guy staring at you like you’re an alien is Jonghyun,” Taemin introduced them, receiving a punch from both Minho and Jinki for their stupid introduction while Jonghyun was busy staring at his muse, trying to come up with a smart greeting as Kibum smiled at him.

Sadly there was just one word floating around his mind.

“Perfection.”

Kibum blinked taken aback and the three others stopped fighting, watching how Jonghyun turned red from embarrassment once he realized what he had just said.

“I-I mean…n-nice to meet you,” he stammered while the others burst out laughing. He glared at them, trying to avoid his muse’s eyes since he really wanted earth to swallow him up right now.

“Don’t mind him, he’s a photographer so every time he sees someone pretty he’ll turn out to be like this,” Taemin explained helpfully.

“Though this is by far the worst he has ever been in,” Minho added and Jonghyun shot daggers at his friends, hating them for embarrassing him even more in front of his perfect model.

“Pretty?” Kibum asked and crooked his head like he couldn’t understand the meaning of the word in this context. “I’m not really pretty…”

Jonghyun’s eyes bulged out of his head and his mouth dropped open, staring at the albino in utter disbelieve like he had just announced he was actually an alien.

“Oh my, here we go again,” Jinki muttered and buried his face in his hands.

“How can you say such a ridiculous thing?” Jonghyun gasped and touched his chest right above his heart like those words had physically hurt him, Kibum looking at him surprised.

“You are a being of utter perfection, starting with your eyes that have just the right feline shape to make you look lively but not too lusty. The sharp and attentive feeling they give off is just the right amount to make you want to look at them just a moment longer than you usually would. Those long lashes are a perfect match for your defined eyebrows and do not destroy the soft feature of yours due to their white color.

Your jaw is a smooth V-shape with high cheekbones but the soft rounding of your nose lessens the sharpness and adds to the overall soft but still youthful appearance.

The gaze of your clear blue eyes makes you feel like you get literally drawn into them and they are an eye catcher of top class. It is just the right amount of exoticness and openness as well as a hint of welcoming that makes you want to stay.

White hair is rather uncommon and might be seen as wild but the long neck helps to bring a bit of elegance into the picture and those rather small shoulders make the appearance look more friendly rather than superior or imitating.

As a bonus your face is perfectly symmetrical and the order is only interrupted by that small eyebrow scar but it is just enough to add to the exoticness rather than being a troublemaker in this piece of art labeled ‘Perfection’.”

Silence settled over the place after Jonghyun had finished his little speech about perfection and his friends tried hard not to burst into laughers.

That guy was seriously spending too much time taking photos of people and saying those things to a complete stranger…pff.

Kibum blinked a few times, trying to get his thoughts back together.

“Ha…well…..uh….” he rubbed the back of his neck and glanced to the side shyly.

“Thanks….I guess….”

Jonghyun had really managed to embarrass himself once again but he hadn’t been able to listen to this beautiful being saying he wasn’t pretty.

No human had the right to say such things about him so he, as the one who recognized such beauty immediately, just had to take the word.

“Oh Jonghyun, you managed to come across as a total creep once again,” Jinki said with boredom clear in his voice once again and the dino scowled at him.

“Yah, I’m only saying the truth!”

“Of course you do.”

“I do!”

“Sure you do.”

“Honestly!”

“I know.”

Jonghyun glared at the older. “I feel like I’m not being taken seriously,” he grumbled and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Oh no, we all take you very serious,” Jinki said with a mocking voice and the dino snorted at him, before turning his head away with a tsk.

Kibum snickered at the events that took place in front of him and smiled. “You four sure are some strange people.”

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun smiled at his camera screen, one photo better than the other.

It was beyond his imagination how such a human like creature could be this perfect. It was simply impossible, supernatural.

It couldn’t be a mere human who possessed this kind of beauty. It must be an angel sent from above.

“What are you smiling at?”

Jonghyun turned around and looked at his muse with shining eyes, angels singing in the background before Kibum snapped his fingers in front of his face, successfully pulling him back to earth.

“Earth to Jonghyun, what are you looking at?” the slightly younger asked again and leaned down to look into the elder’s eyes from up close.

“This utter perfection,” Jonghyun said and showed the albino the screen, said male looking at it before his eyes switched back to Jonghyun.

“You didn’t,” he said slowly and the dino simply smiled happily.

“The lighting was perfect and I simply had to capture this perfection although it can’t be expression in pictures since-”

“That perfection must be sent from above and can only be seen with one’s own eyes,” Kibum ended the sentence for him, knowing it after hearing it dozens of times.

“I know, I know but that still doesn’t give you the right to take pictures of me while I’m sleeping,” he grumbled, blue eyes glaring at Jonghyun who just smiled back at his muse like he would look at a kitten who was trying to bite into his big toe.

“Of course, my beauty, whatever you say shall be my command,” he replied and Kibum rolled his eyes.

“Stupid sap.”

“I shall be for you, my love.”

“God, stop with the sappy lines already. What’s gotten into you this morning?” Kibum asked bewildered since he was indeed used to his boyfriend’s ticks already but this was a lot even for him.

“Today, my love, fate has decided to bring us together exactly seven years ago. A magical number indeed. So I took it upon myself to present you with only the best of my greatest admiration, my dearest.”

So it was day of the year again? Kibum sighed and patted the elder’s head who was smiling up at him with a love sick gaze like every year on this day. Even more than usually.

“Go back to writing your poems, honey.” With that being said he went towards the kitchen.

“Your wish is my command! I shall write only the best for you, my love!” Jonghyun exclaimed happily behind him and dashed into his office, probably busying himself with writing love poems about his perfection which made Kibum smile softly.

“Idiot,” he said affectionate as he started preparing their breakfast. Jonghyun really hadn’t changed much over the last seven years. If anything, his tick for perfection had become even bigger.

Not that Kibum minded, of course.

Being swooned over by such a handsome man surely had its perks.

“My love, I shall take another look at your stunning beauty to be able to capture it in words,” Jonghyun said with hearts in his eyes as he appeared in the doorway, making the albino sigh.

Okay, sometimes it had its cons as well. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


At first I had a different idea for this but I like it more how it is now. 

I hope you enjoyed it as well and I mean come on, Kibum as an albino is pretty cool, isn't it?

And Jonghyun as a lovestruck photographer....who doesn't want someone like him in their life?

Sorry for any mistakes but I wanted to upload this before going to bed. I'm going to correct this tomorrow. *Chapter is correct...hopefully...*

Bye bye~

 

2,871 words