The Wish

Wishing Upon A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is the meaning of this, Kim Myungsoo!?” Sungjong yelled furiously at the person who was standing in front of him, Kim Myungsoo, his lover...or maybe you should say soon–to–ex–lover. “Why!? Why are you cheating on me!?”

“I’m not cheating on you!” Myungsoo yelled back at Sungjong harshly, he didn’t care about the tears forming on the latter’s eyes.

“Stop lying to me! I saw it with my own eyes! I–“ Sungjong took a deep breath, trying to prevent his tears from falling. “I can’t believe you’re cheating on my back! You kissed my best friend, on the lips!”

“Why do you make such a great deal about it!? It’s just one ing kiss– Oh ...” Myungsoo gritted his teeth as he accidentally just admitted he kissed another person.

“Oh? So you do admit that you kissed her, huh?” Sungjong crossed his hands on his chest. “So, how is it? Does it good? Does it feels better than kissing me? Does it–“

“Shut up, Lee Sungjong!” Myungsoo stopped Sungjong abruptly by a loud shouting, making the latter flinched a bit. “If only you didn’t spend too much time with Sungyeol and ignored me, I wouldn’t have kissed Jiyeon!”

Sungjong gasped. ‘Don’t tell me he kissed her just because he’s jealous of Sungyeol hyung? How much should I tell him again if I and Sungyeol hyung just are just best friend!? I can’t believe it!’ “What!? Are you serious about that!? You’re my boyfriend, then you kissed my best friend behind my back, and now you’re you saying it’s my fault now!?”

Myungsoo snorted. “What kind of boyfriend you are when you’re spending your time with Sungyeol much more than with your own boyfriend– me!?” He then remembered about the incident this morning. He was about to ask his lover out for some romantic date, he had everything planned well in his mind.

But all was ruined when Sungyeol asked Sungjong out first to hang out. He was too late just a few seconds from Sungyeol. Then he coincidentally ran into Sungjong’s best friend, Jiyeon –the girl who used to have a crush on him in high school and who unexpectedly still in love with him– on the street.

As disappointed Myungsoo was, he just agreed to her request to have a date with her just for that day and she could move on from him, for she knew she didn’t stand a chance anymore. Just a date with her wouldn’t hurt, right? Myungsoo thought to himself.

Myungsoo took Jiyeon to amusement park, where he supposed to have a nice date with Sungjong there according to his plan. To be honest, he had a nice time with her. Only one thing Myungsoo didn’t expect to happen though, which was Jiyeon who took inititative to kiss him on the lips at the end of the date.

Myungsoo was intending on pushing Jiyeon away, but then he remembered about Sungjong and Sungyeol being together and jealousy once again took over him. Myungsoo then didn’t care anymore, he just wrapped his arms on Jiyeon’s waist and kissed her back passionately.

But luck wasn’t on his side when Sungyeol and Sungjong were also there and they caught Myungsoo and Jiyeon kissing. And that’s the reason why two of them ended having a big fight in Myungsoo’s house.

Myungsoo knew he himself was the one at fault for kissing another girl... But jealousy took over him and suddenly he didn’t intend on apologize at all and went on blaming Sungyeol instead.

“Just date with Sungyeol instead! You love him more than me, right!?”

“I don’t love him! Sungyeol hyung is already like a big brother to me! How can you say that!?”

Myungsoo tsk–ed. He didn’t feel like to continue this stupid fight anymore. He kept telling himself to just apologize to Sungjong before things get worse, but his mouth always saying other things instead.

Myungsoo turned his body around and was about to go to his room, when Sungjong grabbed his arm to prevent him for going. Myungsoo slapped Sungjong’s hand away harshly and pushed his body hard until the latter fell with a loud thud to the floor.

“Oh –” Myungsoo’s eyes went wide in shock and he gasped when Sungjong hissed in pain. ‘, look what you just did, Kim Myungsoo...’

Sungjong finally couldn’t take it anymore. Tears started to dripping down his face like a waterfall. Myungsoo bit his lips, he wanted to kill himself for doing such thing and made Sungjong cry. The last thing he wanted to do in his life was making Sungjong cry, but now look what he had done...

“J–Jongie...” Myungsoo held out his hand to help Sungjong stand. But the latter slapped his hand away and crawled backward to create some distance between them. Myungsoo felt a pang in his heart when he looked at Sungjong’s eyes. There were only hurt, disappointment, hatred and betrayal inside the brown orbs, no more love which he usually see there.

“I hate you!”

That was the last word out from Sungjong’s mouth before he rushed his way out of Myungsoo’s house.

Sungjong slammed the door of his bedroom shut harshly. He went to the balcony and yelled “Stupid Kim Myungsoo!!! I hate you so much!!!” at the top of his lungs, didn’t care if his voice is disturbing the neighbor. “Stupid Kim Myungsoo being over jealous!!! Stupid Kim Myungsoo who kissed another girl!!! Stupid Kim Myungsoo who pushed me until I fell!!! Stupid Kim Myungsoo who just wouldn’t apologize and kept blaming me and Sungyeol hyung instead!!!”

Sungjong took few deep breaths to calm himself, he felt a little bit relieved after those yelling. Sure Sungjong knew if the jealousy means that Myungsoo loves him. But he just couldn’t take it anymore. Myungsoo got jealous so easily and even not allowing Sungjong to meet any of his boy friends.

It just felt like that Myungsoo couldn’t trust Sungjong!

As Sungjong tried to calming himself down, he looked up to the sky and amused by the view of beautiful night sky with stars. He couldn’t help but to let out a small smile to it. Just then, Sungjong saw a shooting star cut through the sky, lights a silver path across the inky darkness.

Since all Sungjong could think and think is only about his stupid over–jealousy lover Kim Myungsoo, he didn’t realize it himself that he was making a true terrible wish upon a star.

“I wish Kim Myungsoo to just disappears from this world!”

Later Sungjong couldn’t sleep because he kept thinking about Myungsoo. He managed to get some sleep when it’s already dawn. So few hours later when a phone call disturbed his sleep, Sungjong was intending to kill whoever that caller is for waking him up.

“...hellawww...?” Sungjong answered the call sleepily with half–opened eyes.

“Sungjong–ah! Are you free today?” Sungjong flinched a bit at how loud and cheerful the caller was on the other line.

“...What is it Taemin–ah...?” Sungjong growled, he covered his mouth to muffle his loud yawn so his best friend couldn’t hear him.

“I have two free tickets for the movie this afternoon! What do you think?” Taemin said cheerfully and somehow Sungjong could imagine Taemin’s big smile, waving the said tickets on his hands as he said so.

“Why don’t you just ask your frog boyfriend to go together?”

“Well I want to ask Minho hyung but sadly he have a soccer practice today... And I have nothing to do today~ So please pretty please?”

“I’ll pass~ I don’t feel like going anywhere today...” Sungjong let out a small smile as he’s sure his friend was pouting cutely right now. “Next time alright? See ya~”

“Oh well... I’ll just go ask Kai then... See ya Jongie–ya~”

Right after the call ended, Sungjong checked his phone to see if there’s message or phonecall from Myungsoo or not. He’s truly disappointed when there was none at all. “Does he not care about me...? He didn’t try to call me even once...”

Later at the noon, Sungjong’s sleep once again being disturbed by a phone call, almost yelling at the whoever the caller is, but decided to cancel it when it was his INFINITE hyungs calling him to have fun together since it was Sunday and they had nothing to do. As sleepy as Sungjong was, he loves it to hang around with those hyungs so of course he agreed to it. Even if that meant he have to see Myungsoo’s face again when he didn’t feel like to.

When Sungjong arrived at the usual cafe where they always gathered together, he glanced at left and right to find the hyungs. When he found them, he let out a wide grin and bouncing his way to them. “Aftie hyung!!!” Sungjong greeted cheerfully like usual at the hyungs who have been waiting for him.

“You’re late, maknae.” Sunggyu crossed his hands and glared at Sungjong with his small eyes as he said so.

“He’s just 10 minutes late, don’t be so grumpy like an old man.” Woohyun snorted and rolled his eyes. He quickly pretended having a talk with Dongwoo who sat beside him, ignoring Sunggyu who sent him ‘Did–you–just–called–me–old–man?’ look.

Sungjong just poked his tongue out before he took a seat next to Sungyeol across the ‘grumpy old man’. He looked at the hyungs one by one, and then he realized Myungsoo hasn’t arrived yet.

“Okay, now that all of us are here, any idea what will we do today?”

Sungjong raised one of his eyebrows and turned his head to Hoya, who was sitting next to Sungyeol, and looked at him in confusion. Hoya clearly said all of them are here, when Myungsoo’s definitely not here yet.

“How about watching a horror movie–“ Before Sungyeol finished his sentences, Dongwoo already threw a crumpled tissue right on his face.

“You know that I hate those things...”

Sungjong looked at his 5 hyungs back and forth. Why it seemed like they aren’t aware at all that Myungsoo isn’t here? There’s something wrong... Sungjong thought that.

“We’re going already?” Sungjong quickly opened his mouth when the other five already stood up from their own seat, ready to leave. “Are we not waiting for Myungsoo hyung to come?”

“Who?” Sunggyu asked back, his face was like saying ‘Who–the–hell–is–Myungsoo?’ to him. Even Hoya asked who is Myungsoo to Sungyeol, but the tall boy just shrugged. Woohyun and Dongwoo also looked at Sungjong, confusion was evident on their face. And those were enough for Sungjong to feel there’s really something wrong.

“W–What do you mean by ‘who’? Come on, it’s not funny hyung. How could you not know about Kim Myungsoo, who has be our friends since long ago?” When there was no response from the hyungs, cold sweat started to dripping down Sungjong’s face and his heart beating in a crazy pace panicly. “Y–you guys seriously don’t know about him...?”

“Sungjongie, are you okay? You’re not sick, right?” Sungyeol asked, worried about the maknae’s weird behaviour. Sungjong kept insisting about this Kim Myungsoo man, when in fact the fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter