Love Story

Love Hurts

'Not all love stories end with a happy ending.', that's what Jongin's mother told him since he's still young, he doesn't even believe in love stories. He had never been in love.

 

How could they even have a happy ending? He always thought of this.

 

On a one sunny day, he noticed that someone has already moved into a house that is just beside their's, he then looked for the owner. "Ouch," the smaller boy said as he and Jongin bumped each other, "I-I'm Sorry I didn't meant to..."

The boy picked up his scattered things on the ground and continued to walk his way to his new home, which is, beside Jongin's house. Jongin scratched his head, bent down to fix his shoes, he then saw a name tag, "Do Kyungsoo?". Kyungsoo that'ts his name. "Hello?" Jongin knocked three times so that this Kyungsoo would hear him, "what?" the boy said in a low voice, "I-I think you forgot this?" Jongin showed this Kyungsoo the name tag, and the latter quickly grabbed it from the taller one. Before Jongin could say another word, Kyungsoo smashed the door, as if Jongin did something bad to him. "...wow" he let out a sigh.

After several hours of standing at his lawn, Jongin saw the Kyungsoo guy approaching him, "Not today Jesus Christ" he murmured slowly. Kyungsoo, this time, approached Jongin with a wide smile and a friendly handshake, "So," Jongin gasps as Kyungsoo said the word, "Thanks for giving me the name tag.", Kyungsoo smiled after thanking Jongin, "oh-- you-you're welcome ofcourse", Jongin said nervously thinking that this little guy might hurt him. Kyungsoo stared for like 10 seconds at Jongin, "You..." he started to draw closer to Jongin, "look odd, is there anything wrong?", Jongin avoided Kyungsoo's stare, afraid that there's Satan in his eyes. "Um.. No nope nothing's wrong" After the moment Jongin replied to Kyungsoo, everything broke into silence. "um by the way, I'm Jongin", Jongin introduced himself nervously, still afraid of this Kyungsoo guy.

"So can I.. treat you dinner", Jongin was shocked "really?", Kyungsoo answered without missing a beat "of course! If you like.", "of course I do!" Jongin said in a very excited way.

 

The two new friends chatted for almost two hours, not knowing that it's already 8:42p.m., probably because they're enjoying too much.

"So.." Kyungsoo said while munching his food, "Do you believe in Love Stories?" Jongin's eye went wide but he tried not to show it so he looked down at his plate for almost a minute. "Hey" Kyungsoo snapped, "Oh.. wha-what's a Love Story? I have never heard a Love Story before." Lies. Jongin lied, all he wanted to say is a simple 'No' but he couldn't.

 

Kyungsoo told Jongin different Love Stories, but Jongin, he spent the whole time staring at Kyungsoo's detailed perfection.

'How can he be this Beautiful'

'Why am I feeling this?'

Jongin already grew butterflies in his stomach when he first saw Kyungsoo.

'Is this what they call 

   Love?'

Kyungsoo yawned for a moment, realizing that he spent half of an hour telling Love Stories to Jongin, who is still, amused to his perfection.

 

Jongin found himself lying on Kyungsoo's sofa, in Kyungsoo's house. "what the" he stood up quickly, "why did I slept here?" the confused Jongin asked Kyungsoo, "well, you look tired by the time I finished telling you Stories so, I just let you sleep here. Didn't you like it?" Kyungsoo sat beside Jongin, "also, I heard you yesterday night saying that you don't believe in Love Stories, is that true?" Jongin began to look extra confused, "To be honestly honest, yep" Jongin heaved after stating the truth.

Kyungsoo stood up, "It's okay, it will not change a thing." 

As Kyungsoo and Jongin became close friends, Jongin started to live in Kyungsoo's house since Kyungsoo is living alone, and so is he. Life's a little boring when you don't have anyone to talk to.

 

"So the name tag," Jongin interrupted Kyungsoo from eating his cereal, "what" Kyungsoo answered as he swallowed his food, "Does it have any sentimental value or something?", Kyungsoo nodded. Silence came in, Kyungsoo only broke it when he talked to Jongin minutes later, "Actually, that is given by my old friend, whom I really loved not only just a friend," Jongin to listen carefully, "Even though we're really close friends, I did not bothered him just to say to him what I truly feel about him." Kyungsoo sighed, "I don't want him to get hurt." Jongin asked quickly "Hurt? Why hurt?", Kyungsoo's eyes started to become teary "Because we only hurt the person we love". Jongin's mind is messed up with Love and Hurt. He doesn't have that much experience when it comes to love, maybe that's why he still can't understand the whole thing about it.

 

After two years of staying under the same roof, Jongin and Kyungsoo built a strong relationship. 

They love each other.

They made love.

They shared love.

They love.

Kyungsoo made him believe in Love Storiesㅡlove stories that has happy endings. 

 

'Every love story has a happy ending' he thought.

But that's what only he thought,

"Not all Love Stories end with a Happy Ending" His mother's voice once again echoed in his mind.

January 13  4:20a.m.

Jongin's loud alarm woke him up, he looked for his phone and checked the date, "oh", his eyes widened "It's-it's our Third Anniversary". He quickly stood up and prepared breakfast, "I hope this day is going to be Memorable". He approached the sleeping Kyungsoo and woke the boy up with a kiss, "Rise and shine," he said slowly while caressing Kyungsoo "I love you."

6:00a.m.

"so..." Kyungsoo finally said a word for this day, "what do you want to do today?" he asked Jongin in a serious way, "Go for a walk or something?", he thought of another one "We haven't seen the new Amusement Park near the road, should we check it?", Kyungsoo nodded "Okay we still have plenty of hours to spend and make ourselves happy," Kyungsoo kissed the taller boy facing him "I love you."

 

12:00p.m.

It's a windy day so they decided to stroll along the road while waiting for the park to open. The couple saw Cotton Candies, which is Kyungsoo's favorite. "Let me buy for you." Jongin sweetly said to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, is busy finding his love letters that he'll give to Jongin later.

After a couple of seconds, Kyungsoo finally saw the letters, his hands are still a bit weak for the reason that, he spent the night before their Anniversary writing many love letters to Jongin.

A sheet of paper flew from his weak hands, he tried to catch it in the air several times. Without knowing, he already reached the main road.

Jongin bought two big Cotton Candies, but he'll give the bigger one to Kyungsoo, "I'm sure he's gonna love this" Jongin said while looking at the perfectly made cotton candy. 

 

Jongin already wandered the whole lot searching for Kyungsoo, unti he saw lots of people checking for something on the road, he then got curious on what's going on.

 

He approached the spot where everyone is, he choked himself to many people just to see what's happening.

 

He saw Kyungsoo lying on the ground.

His head is full of blood.

He got hit by a car.

He screamed in so much pain he don't know what to do.

He saw a sheet of paper in Kyungsoo's left hand.

 

'I love you, please take care of yourself. You meant so much to me.'

 

A voice echoed in Jongin's head,

"Not all Love stories end with a Happy Ending."


A/N: finally a kaisoo one! yea i know it's lame and it i tried my best to finish this beautifully but it just-- ohmygod maybe writing will never be my style. TT TT