00. Prologue

La Nuit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay mam, I think I'm going to take this one." Lee Seongyeol merrily says, glancing over his shoulder to smile to the lady behind him.

The young man had just turned 19 and is in the middle of his second year in college when he decided to move out of the campus dorm. He doesn't really fancy sharing a room with somebody, although his roommate was nice and bubbly. Not that he is a loner, it's just that a part of him demands a space for his own. And so he started to search for a new place to live, at least for the time being until he gets his college degree. After a couple of months of trying and almost giving up in the process, one of his friend told him about this smal flat complex not far from their campus. Today is the first time he visits the said place and he is more than glad to find that it is more than acceptable. But when the landlady mentions the value of the rents he should pay every month he has to hold himself not to go to the woman and holds her tight because it totally fits his budget.

 

The lady nods and says that he can start moving to the room next week, telling him that the down payment must be proceed by tomorrow. Seongyeol absent-mindedly listens to her as he glances around and already starting a mental decorating sessions, planning to put this to there or wanting to stick his posters on to the dull colored wall. He mentally note to buy another set of curtains because the ones hanging on the huge window seems pretty old and dustied. He walks across the room and he can see that it has no verrandah but it is not something that he should be worried of. He notices rusty spiral staircases on the right side of his window, starting from the bottom to the top ot the small building. Seongyeol presumes that it will lead to the attic but he is actually starting to wonder if he has to buy extra lock for his soon-to-be flat's window. There were some criminal events took place in the neighborhood and being a paranoid human-being like he is, Seongyeol feels the need to be extra careful. Because who knows what could be happen to you, when you're the least expecting it?

 

Nevertheless, the art student is happy that he's finally going to have his own room and with the exams and projects piling up, there is nothing he would appreciate more than a room without loud roommates and a silence to accompany him painting his canvas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter