nine.

You & I

"You apple'd me?" I could hear Kai's footsteps entering the practice room.

I was sitting down, leaning against the wall with my arms wrapped around my legs. I felt unhappy. I wasn't going to see my parents today and I was really looking forward to it. I haven't seen them in so long because they're busy and I'm busy. But I can't complain, this is the life we chose. 

I felt Kai's body sitting next to mine. He turned his head and saw the blank expression I had. 

"Something wrong?"

I sighed, thinking about how I wasn't going to see my parents.

"Something is wrong."

I allowed my silence to be the answer. 

"What's wrong?"

I unwrapped my arms. "My parents can't see me today. They have to attend another conference." 

"I'm sorry."

"I was so excited to see them. I'm not going to mope about it." I lifted my head up and took a deep breath in. "I just want to have fun to keep it off my mind."

Kai suddenly stood up, towering over me as he held his hand out for me to grab. "Well, let's go have fun."

I stared at his hand. Oh well it, yolo or whatever. I took his hand and let him drag me to wherever. 

**Sojin / Kai **

"Why are we in a karaoke bar?" 

"To let loose. Have some fun. Let your hair down! I'm letting my hair down!" Kai handed me a microphone before turning away to pick a song from the thick book which sat on the table.

I accepted the microphone and sat down next to Kai. "Um Kai... my hair is longer than yours.."

"Shut up, you get the point." Kai continued flipping pages, looking for a song. He turned to look at me, "Aren't you going to help me?"

"No." 

"For a girl who likes to sing randomly on the streets, you're weird."

I glared at him. I hunched forward, looking through the pages of songs to sing in the book. I flipped page to page until one song caught my eyes. I picked up the remote and dialed in the song number. 

EXO - First Love

"Why did you pick this?!" Kai whined as heard the intro. 

"I really like it." I waved my hands in the air to the beat. I really do like this song. Just because it's composed very well and the lyrics suit the song very well. 

oh- oh- ohohohoh- ohohohoh-
ohohohoh- oh yeah

Step by step I walk with you
Without you knowing, matching your footsteps
Oh How vivid your scent is,
From just passing by, how sweet it is

Your pretty petite fingertips
Tickle my heart again
There’s a tender warmth, our pure
love story that was only meant for me

My heart (turns white) my two cheeks (turn red)
our eyes (turn black) my sky (to yellow)
They get colored. A fresh love, it feels like
flying over the clouds

Come to me (come and blossom) blossom (into one single pretty rose)
you are my only (my only light) light (light that shines my heart)
A secret that no one will know (that secret kept between us two)
You’re a painting that shines the brightest (my painting, very beautiful painting)

Every night I’ve been practicing what to say to you
Sweetly, sweetly in every language
But because of your smile
The words don’t even stick to my memory, they melt away

Nothing is needed for
A pure girl’s naive love
You whispered to me with your innocent eyes
My reflection in those eyes just smiles

My heart (turns white) my two cheeks (turn red)
our eyes (turn black) my sky (to yellow)
They get colored. A fresh love, it feels like
flying over the clouds

Come to me (come and blossom) blossom (into one single pretty rose)
you are my only (my only light) light (light that shines my heart)
A secret that no one will know (that secret kept between us two)
You’re a painting that shines the brightest (my painting, very beautiful painting)

We stopped singing the song right there before the rapping part came. 

"You should sing more." I said, leaning back on the couch. "Your singing isn't horrible anymore."

"Heyyyyy, I thought I was pretty good!"

"Barely." I coughed out.

"My turn to pick." Kai searched for the next song and finally made his decision when the television screen blinked the name. 

Dream High 2 OST- Together

"You remember this?" I asked, honestly surprised at Kai's choice. I thought he would pick Up&Down to watch me embarrass myself.

"For old times' sake."

We sang the song which we were suppose to sing together at our evaluations a few years ago. The song brought back nostaglic memories when I was a trainee and how this annoying kid irritated me to no end. 

"Lets have the machine pick for us." I suggested after we sang Together. I pressed the random button and waited for the screen to announce the next song. 

Taeyang - I Need a Girl

"Do you remember the dance?" Kai asked me, turning his head to me. 

"A little, why?"

Kai suddenly stood up and held his hand out to me. 

I stared at his hand with a raised brow. "What?"

"Dance with me. Just like how we did back then."

We sang more songs afterwards. As time went on, it was close to 11:00PM and we were both tired from singing. Kai walked me home because he thought pepper spray wasn't enough to protect me.

Psh, I also have one of those stab kitty key chains on my keys. 

We arrived at my house ten minutes later. We were laughing our butts off, thinking back to our days when we were trainees. 

"I was not that bad of a dancer! I improved!" I protested as we walked up to the front door. I took my keys out and began searching for the correct one to unlock the door. 

"Do you not remember when you tripped over nothing, trying to sway to the beat? Yeah because I remember and it was hilarious."

I glared at Kai right when I inserted the key into the doorknob and pushed the door opened. "You're really starting to kill the mood."

"Yah, Yoon Sojin!"

"Kim Jongin!"

"Sojin?"

"Kai?"

Uh oh.

We both turned around to see Ariel and Chanyeol staring at us. Ariel had her arms crossed and I could've sworn that girl was smirking. Then Chanyeol stared at us like he was a dad who caught his daughter coming home late with a guy. 

"Kai." Chanyeol said, he sounded a bit mad. But why? His eyes shot icy death glares to Kai. "You. Me. Home. NOW." Chanyeol sent a loving look to Ariel, letting her know he was going home. He then marched over to Kai and proceeded to drag him back to their dorm by the collar. 

"OW! CHANYEOL!" Kai shouted as he was literally being dragged farther and farther away from Ariel and I. 

I was snapped back to reality when Ariel cleared loudly to get my attention. "Care to explain what kind of mood that was?"

A/N: Yeah Sojin, what kind of mood was it? hahaha

lol @ Chanyeol for dragging Kai away. Literally. 

Love you all! Leave a comment below & upvote!