One

Status
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a world where living becomes hard to those who work day and night for money; those who earn for their families to have food to eat at least three meals a day; for fathers and those few mothers who try their best to make sure their kids keep a roof above their heads. Right at the heart of Seoul, a school who clearly outshines every other school there is in the city- or even that of the entire country, is located. A school where students never feel the sufferings of those who wear themselves out of work; those whose parents make money that keeps those who don’t continue to live. Or so people think.

 

As people outside continue working, some clearly finishing what’s left to be done as the afternoon comes to an end, a black car drove past the gates of the famous school, all but stopping in front of the main building. A girl, no- a young lady of nineteen gets out of the car and reads the obviously huge letters right in front.

 

“Sang Dan Academy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Curious, questioning and occasional hostile looks were given as Soojung walks her way around the campus looking for anything, or anyone who can possibly help her find the three people she’s looking for.

 

She wouldn’t have mind asking some students, but she just knew better. A soft sigh escaped those thin lips of hers as she contemplates on how she’s going to get her purpose for coming over done at that time of the day.

 

Pretty deep in thought, she then only realized that a small group of guys have already blocked her way when a guy walked up to her, hands in his pockets.

 

“Hi.” The guy, presumably the leader of that group, said in a sing-song voice.

 

Soojung did nothing but throw a hostile look at the guy who spoke, not liking how the situation is in her own point of view.

 

“You’re new here, aren’t you?” The guy said once again, now standing right in front of her, too close for her liking.

 

She instinctively took a step back, a means of keeping whatever personal space she can have between her and that annoying guy whose name, unfortunately, she doesn’t have any idea at all.

 

She knows of the school, of course. She also knows about what and how the students are. How they get to be admitted in that school; which families they belong to; where they stand in the society; when and who to stay away from, not that she ever needs to do so. But unfortunately, her memory doesn’t seem to be working on her side as she cluelessly wonder who the guy in front of her is.

 

She looked up and throws a hard gaze at the young man. Crossing her arms to her chest, she said in her casual uncaring tone, “So what if I am?”

 

The man raised an eyebrow, clearly amused by how the young girl acts and answers. He has never seen the girl before, no, that much he’s sure of.

 

Either she really has the guts or she’s just plainly stupid and ignorant.

 

He cackled. “Huh. What are you getting all mighty about? A newbie like you should be nice and submissive, not cocky.”

 

“I’m not being mighty. I’m simply asking a question to a person who’s stupid enough to first ask me a very obvious question.” Soojung answered back, clearly unaffected by the hostile looks the people around her is giving, especially that coming from the young man’s.

 

The other’s lip twitched. His jaw tightening as his temper obviously starts to blow up, clearly pissed as how the girl talked and answered back.

 

No one has the right to talk to him like that. No one can ever insult him like that. No girl, most especially a new one at that, can ever do that. No, no one has, and no one ever shall.

 

He grabbed the girl’s right arm tightly and started dragging her away. His fingers pressing on the other’s skin through the fabric of the sweater she is wearing. He’ll make sure this girl pays whatever insult she threw at him, no matter how small or big that is.

 

“Let go of me! You- let go! You’re hurting me!” Soojung shouted, hitting the stranger’s shoulders in an attempt to let her out of his hold. It was painful, and she knew it will bruise if he doesn’t let go now.

 

The young man chuckled darkly as he continued walking and more or less dragging the other with him, all the while keeping his strong grip on her arm.

 

“Jiyong, let her go.” A commanding voice resounded along the corridor. The hostile man, who now Soojung knows goes by the name of Jiyong, instinctively froze for a little longer than a second before relaxing and putting back a smirk on those lips of his.

 

He turned around to look at the stranger who called him, Soojung turning around just the same all because of the strong hand around her arm.

 

“Are you gonna go be superhero on me?” Jiyong asked, mockery on his voice as his eyes look at the other daringly.

 

The crowd almost immediately parted like the sea being parted by Moses when the stranger walks towards them, a black-blue gym bag on his shoulder.

 

Soojung knew at the back of her mind that she’s seen this stranger somewhere, but couldn’t remember where or when.

 

This school seriously messes up with my memory.

 

“No, Jiyong. I’m gonna go be Bruce Lee on you. That is, if you don’t let go of that girl.” The guy answered coolly, eyes staring dangerously at the young man right beside her.

 

The other guy, Jiyong, narrowed his eyes just as he let go of Soojung’s arm. She instinctively ran to the other stranger who she more or less thinks to be her knight in shining armor, almost immediately gripping the cloth of the school uniform the other is wearing.

 

The man stretched his arms outwards in a way of protecting and blocking her from the others.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter