But You Promised....

Forever, I will love you.

But… You Promised.

EunhyukxReader

    

    You opened your eyes slowly and felt the familiar presence of your loved one next to you. His blonde hair was a mess, his eyes closed causing his face to have a peaceful smile. He snuggled his face into your neck holding you closer to his body.

    “Good morning…” He mumbled tiredly. You had to fight back your tears and keep a strong voice as you spoke, “G-good morning… Di-did you sleep well..?”

    He pulled his face out to look at your face, “Are you crying again?” He had a small pout on his face as he caressed your cheek and wiped away your tears.

    You frowned and couldn’t help but cry even more, “Don’t go!”

    Everyone knows that male idols have to depart for their two-year military service before they turn thirty. You knew it would eventually happen, but you just weren’t ready now. He just came back from promoting D&E and now he was leaving for two more years. He was only given three days to pack, say his goodbyes, and spend time with you.

    “ _______… Please don’t cry.. It will make me cry… And that won’t be pretty. Come on, its only two years… I’ll be back soon and I’ll come back running. I promise.” He smiled that gummy smile of his that you just loved. You just didn’t want to accept his leave. You couldn’t. You just held onto him and hugged him tightly crying your eyes out.

    You were never one to cry this badly, but seeing how it was so sudden and three days away, you felt your heart shatter in millions of pieces. Eunhyuk sighed deeply and ran his fingers through your hair and frown.

    Why… Why do I always make you cry… I want to be able to make you happy for once…  Eunhyuk thought to himself as he held you. He glanced at the night table next to the bed and had a sudden thought.

    “______….” He sat up and pulled you on to his lap. He lifted your face and stared in your eyes, “Look at me.. please.” His eyes looked at your face with love and he wanted so badly to make you happy. He wanted to stop those unnecessary tears from flowing down your now reddened cheeks. He wiped the tears away and leaned in leaving a soft kiss on your lips.

    The kiss was gentle, lingering, and slow. He held you so carefully to him, never wanting to let you go. He slowly pulled away then leaned back in for another kiss. He laid you down on the bed as he continued to kiss you sweetly, still being careful. His hands moved from your back to your face, cuffing it as he pulled away again from the kiss to let you breathe. He rested his forehead on yours staring into your eyes.

    “I love you so much… It hurts to watch you cry over me.. Please don’t cry.” Again, his lips touched yours only for a second then he moved to your right cheek down your jawline, leaving soft, sweet, butterfly kisses.

    “I love you…” He constantly mumbled as he continued to kiss your skin sweetly, his hands reaching up your shirt slowly, causing you to flinch. He paused and looked at you, “Should I… stop..?”

    Your breath hitched and you shook your head blushing massively as you pulled him closer, “N-no.. I’m okay..” He smiled softly and hugged you back as he leaned into kiss you again leading to a moment you would never forget.

-------------------------------

    Eunhyuk smiled softly at you as his hand ran through your hair. You were laying next to him sleeping soundly and smiling softly in your sleep.

    I’m going to miss waking up to your face..

Eunhyuk looked at the time and sighed sadly. “I have to do it today.. Or else it will be too late..” He whispered softly as he got out of the bed not trying to disturb you. He went to take a shower and changed, then he walked over the night table. He opened the drawer and picked up something putting it in his pocket. He left the room.

    After resting for about an hour, you smelled food being cooked downstairs. You opened your eyes slowly and felt around the bed for Eunhyuk, only to find out you were alone. You instantly sat up looking around the room then covered yourself with the blanket remembering the passionate moment you both shared only hours ago. You looked for a shirt to slip into and was about the leave the room when you heard footsteps coming upstairs, causing you to quickly climb back into bed.

    The bedroom door opened and of course, Eunhyuk walked into the room holding a tray of food, “Oh. You’re awake. Great!” He smiled brightly as he walked over and sat down next to you.

    “I made breakfast. I know how hungry you must be.” He chuckled remembering earlier, making you blush more and slap his arm. “D-Don’t laugh about that! I’m hungry!” You pouted, crossing your arms. He laughed again, “Cute. Okay okay. Let’s eat. I also rented some movies. Let’s watch while we eat?”

    You nodded in agreement as he put on a movie for you both to enjoy. He fed you food and vice versa until the food was completely gone. Eunhyuk moved the tray of empty plates onto the floor next to him and he sat closer to you. You both cuddled as you enjoyed “Big Hero 6”.

    Eunhyuk glanced at you, then the movie, then the time. Then he became nervous as the clock read 8 PM.

    Its now or never…     

“U-Uh,... ________”

“Mhm?”

“I… I have been wanting to ask you something… for a while now…”

Eunhyuk stood up from the bed and was blushing massively.

“We have been dating for three years now… And you are my best friend. Well besides Donghae, but you know what I mean.” He walked around the bed to your side and you sat on the edge on the bed looking at him, “What’s wrong? Why are you so nervous?”

He looked at you and held your hands. His hands were shaking and a little cold, “_____…. I love you… You are my everything. I’m really happy that I am your boyfriend. But… I don’t want to be your boyfriend anymore..”

Your eyes widened as you heard those words leave his mouth, “Wh-what? After everything…?” You felt the tears leave your eyes and you wanted to let go of his hands so badly. Your eyes closed tightly not wanting to look at him.

“I want to be your husband.”

Your eyes shot open and looked at him, “What…?”

Eunhyuk kneeled down in front of you letting go of your hands, reaching into his pocket. He took out the small box he had in the drawer and opened it, revealing the most beautiful ring you could ever imagine.

“______…. I’m asking you… to marry me..” He blushed softly and smiled at you.

Your eyes teared up more as you nodded and hugged him tightly, “I will!  I will!!”

He held you tightly and smiled brightly, “I’m so glad you said yes…” He smiled as you pulled away and his put the ring on your finger and kissed your forehead.

That night, you both held each other, enjoying the company. It felt as if nothing would ruin you both.

--------------------------------------------

It was the day. Eunhyuk was all packed up and ready to go. Well, he wasn’t entirely ready to leave his fiance alone for two years.

The whole Super Junior family was there to say their goodbyes to him and finally it was your turn again to say goodbye.

“This is it… Two years from now, Ill be at the altar waiting for you to walk down.” He smiled thinking of the future. You nodded, holding back your tears, “Y-yeah… You better come back.”

You jokingly looked at him and smiled. He nods looking at you with soft eyes, “I promise. I will come back. I will come back running. Just for you.”

You smiled hopefully and hugged him tightly, “I’ll be waiting.”

Eunhyuk held you dearly and tightly until he was called to go. He let you go and looked in your eyes, “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” You kissed his lips softly before letting him go.

You watched as he got into the bus and he waved goodbye to you.

You stayed until the bus disappeared.

“Hey, Dongsaeng. Do you need a ride home?” Donghae smiled gently at you.

You shook your head, “Oh no. I can drive the car back. Thanks though.” You smiled as you waved goodbye to Super Junior. They all warily watched as you left alone.

“I don’t want ______ to be alone…” Ryeowook suddenly proclaimed with a soft pout.

“I agree. We should keep ______ company. And make their favorite food.” Donghae adds.

Siwon glanced at the manager as they made plans and the manager spoke out, “I’m sure right now, all _____ wants is some company. Maybe it would be nice to hold a get together for them..”

Super Junior nodded excitedly as they planned a small get together for you.

--------------------------------------------

    You sighed sadly as you walked into your now empty home. You felt empty inside. How could you not be empty when the one you loved is now gone for two years.  You walked to your room to lay down when you saw a picture on your bed.

You walked over and picked it up. There was a small note, “For my Fiance. A picture to remember how much I love you. - From, Your soon-to-be Husband, Hyukkie <3”

You flipped the picture over and saw it was a picture of you sleeping in his arms. He leaned in and kissed your forehead and captured the moment. You laughed softly and held the picture laying in the bed sighing, “I miss you already.. You said it would be soon when you would come back..”

You curled up in bed staying like that for hours until you heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. You sat up and wiped your tears, rubbing your eyes. “mmm..?”

You walked downstairs and opened the door. To your surprise it was all of SJ standing with food and movies and stuffed animals and balloons.

“Can we come in?” Ryeowook smiled softly at you holding a pot of your favorite food.

You smiled, “What are you guys..?”

“We noticed you looked lonely and we didn’t want to leave you alone. So we came over and brought food and movies to enjoy the evening.” Donghae explained as you let them in.

You smiled even more and shook your head, “You guys didn’t have to do this..”

Siwon looked at you, “No, but we wanted to.”

They all set the stuffed animals on the couch and balloons all over the room as Ryeowook set the food on the counter.

The evening was fun and light hearted for you and SJ, no matter how hard it was raining.

Your phone vibrated in your pocket signaling an incoming call. A call you would never forget.

“Eunhyuk… Eunhyuk passed away recently.. His bus got into a terrible accident. He was rushed to the hospital… But he didn’t make it.”

You dropped your phone and sat there frozen.

He… Hes gone…? He… He can’t be. He promised to come back. He promised we would be happy forever. He can’t be gone.

Ryeowook looked at you confused and sat next to you quickly as Donghae picked up the phone. Your face was hidden in your hands as you sobbed hysterically and Ryeowook comforted you, “He can’t be gone! He can’t!”

Donghae listened as the manager spoke to him on the phone and looked gravely at the floor. He closed his eyes, sighed deeply and hung up.

“The manager is coming now. Eunhyuk… Got into an accident… and sadly didn’t make it…” His tears started streaming as he sat down on the sofa next to you.

Your tears were non-stop.

You promised to come back to me. Why. Why? Why did you die? What am I going to do now…? You are my everything.. Why…?

----------------------------------------

It has been a two years since his passing. You held a tiny hand with your right hand as you walked to a familiar tombstone.

Lee Hyukjae April 6, 1986-20**

    A great friend, a great inspiration, and above all a great father.

“This is where your appa rests now, baby boy.” You looked down at the little boy who held your hand trying hard not to cry.

“Was he a good man?” He held your hand tightly.

“What?” You looked at him.

“Was… Daddy a good man?” He looked up with tears in his eyes.You teared up and nodded with a smile, “He was a very great man. A very very great man.”

“Then I will be a great man, too.” He looked down and put the flower he had in his hand on the tomb. “I promise, daddy. I will be a great man. Just like you.”  He looked exactly like his appa. He had the light brown hair, same nose, and when he smiled, he had that big gummy smile.  

“______! Come on, lets go back.”

You looked back as Donghae waited for you  by the car waving. You nodded and let your son, Hyukjae, run over to Donghae. “Coming Donghae!” You started your way towards him when suddenly something caught your attention. You turned back to the tombstone and saw a figure standing there.

Blonde messy hair, that gummy smile. He had those soft eyes as he looked at you and mouthed, “I love you.” before turning and walking away, disappearing in the day.

You felt tears stream down your cheeks as a smiled sprawled across your face and you closed your eyes. “I love you, too”