True Love

Ice Cream and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       - 000 -

       My name is Byun Baekhyun, I am an ice cream maker. I forgot why am i really like to make an ice cream.more details , I already love to make an ice cream since i was child.

        After i graduated from highschool, I opened my own business as an ice cream maker. at first, i sell this ice cream by cycling. at that time, my parents totally disagree with my decision. they said they are embarrassed when they saw me selling this ice cream on the street. but it's not Byun Baekhyun if he just obeyed what they said. my business continues to grow up. at least my parents can be proud with my business now because after five years i opened this business, I finally had my own shop which is quite famous in my town.  I name it BB’s Cone, which is standing on a street and close to Kyunghee Medical Centre, one of the largest hospitals in Dongdaemun.

        But unfortunaly,since yesterday i had to work alone in my shop. I lost my precious employee. yesterday, Soojung resigned from her work because she felt uncomfortable with me.

       So the story began from three days ago. I've seen Soojung not only as my employee, but as a woman that I love.i want to confessed to her about my feelings.

       “Soojung-ah, I love you.Would you be my girlfriend?” i said. At that time, the sun is shining very beautiful in the sky. I who was serving a bowl of vanilla with fresh strawberry ice cream to her thought it was the perfect time to confessed to her. autumn sunset with the sound of the wind that blows the leaves would be perfect with my love.unfortunaly not the reply that I’ve got, but a rejection that makes my heart broke into a pieces.

      “ I’m sorry, I can’t” she said.and you know what? the next day after that confession  I lost my employee. Soojung resign from her work.

       Yesterday, I'm still trying to persuade her to go back to work for me. but that day I had to give up on her. She really doesn’t want to. So, this morning i had to spread the announcements that BB’s Cone need a new employee. Probably because my ice cream shop has became famous or perhaps also this months,many people looking for work because the new school graduation just a few weeks ago. At 07.00 am I spread the announcements and at 01.00 pm a pretty girl comes to me and ask me about that job.as someone who after has a broken heart,I did not want to deal with a woman for a while. I was about refused her proposal but..

      “Please,oppa! I really need that job, my father was dead, my mother was seriously ill, and my stepfather has  a lot of debts. if I did not work and earn some money, I probably will be sold by my stepfather to pay off his debts. please help me!” she pleaded with a pleading face. Her white skin of her chubby cheeks flushed red. Her eyes become watery. one drops of her tears already peeking from her eyes. I can’t bear with that face so I accepted her as my new employees. but a few minutes later, I realized that the reason of  Seulgi, my new employee it was all a lie. How stupid i am too easy to trust her reason. Okay nevermind, because when i looked from her work today, she's good enough. besides that she is diligent,she was also very friendly toward the customers. maybe she will be able to attract more customers to come to BB's Cone.

The next day. at 9 am, I went to my store. beautiful sunshine accompany my way to my store.

“Hallo,Oppa! Good morning” Seulgi greet me with her eyesmile that is more beautiful than the autumn sun that shining behind her. I have to admit it,eventough she lied to me yesterday,but she is so pretty.

“Good morning you too, liar girl!” i replied naughtily. Seulgi only replied with pouted. then ask me to give a container of ice cream ingredients that is in my hand to her. I give her that ingredients to her, then open the store with a key in my pocket.

       Goodbye to broken heart and my sadness! Today BB’s Cone now open with a new spirit,full of joy, thanks to my new employee, Kang Seulgi. Today passed so fast. thanks to her cheerful and fun personalities, complete with her annoying naughtiness. Monday is a busy day at the offices, including in Jeonju goryeou Hospital, my neighbour. but not with my shop which are always quite on Monday. My prediction the number of buyers these days there will not be half of yesterday. but right at 2 pm, comes a special customer.

“Is this Byun Baekhyun’s shop ?” I heard someone talking to Kang Seulgi. And then...

“Oppa! there is someone who is looking for you!”She yelled calling my name.

         I  was busy preparing dough for the new ice cream, shouting at her to wait for a bit. after finished with my business, I came out from the kitchen and i almost did not recognize her. but, obviously I was knew her. She is Kim Taeyeon. My childhood friend. To more correctly, she is a close friend since i’m in 4th grade until 3rd high school before she took the medical school at the University of Ulsan and move there. the last time we met, she was a tomboy girl with shoulder-length haircut and jeans. Today, I saw her with long-knee black skirt and her doctor’s uniform. and most importantly, her black hair turn into a long and wavy,made my jaw drop and forget to blinks

        “Baekhyun!” She said while running toward my direction and give me a tight hug. “Long time no see! I miss you Bacon”. She said. “Woah calm down Taeyeon-ah,you missed me that much huh?”i and hug her back. “Ish, You such a tease” She said while pushing me and make me stumbled backward. “Oh,Cmon taeng i just kidding. Let’s go to there, it’s not nice you know talking while standing like this” i said while hold her hand and lead her toward the table.

        A few minutes later, Taeyeon and i talked about our life. I let seulgi to do her job alone because this shop is quite of customers now. Soon she had to go back to work,because being a doctor’s assistant in Kyunghee Medical Centre,she was very busy but from that long talkes I can get three important points. One, starting from today she will works in Kyunghee Medical Centre which means she will stay here for long. Two, she was single and that means I have the chance to get her. And three,meeting with her  today reminded me why I really like making an ice cream.

        Twelve years ago, while i still in 5th grade when walking along Taeyeon, I accidentally spilled Taeyeon’s ice cream. I feel guilty and the next day I bought a book that tells how to make an ice cream. Then, I made it with my m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter