Chapter 1

Sweet Revenge

The sound of crashing objects startled the young girl awake. Her immediate reaction was to throw herself beneath the protection of her covers, convinced it was going to protect her against any danger. Why oh why did her parents have to choose to go on their annual business trip now? Fearing for her life, Ji Hae pulled the covers closer to her, praying that the intruder take whatever  they needed and quickly leave. She sent silent prayers to god, begging him to spare her life - she was only seventeen! It would be a shame if she died so young, right? What about her parents? Afterall, she is an only child. Clasping her hands as tightly as she could she sent her earnest prayers to the lord. Amidst her praying, a thought suddenly crossed her mind. Kris! That's right Kris was here! Before her parents left for their business trip, they had invited Kris to stay with Ji Hae for three nights because they were afraid to leave her alone. Ji Hae flipped the covers off at the reminder of him and whispered into the darkness. 

"Kris?" 

There was no reponse. 

"Kris!" she tried again, her voice shaking. 

By now Ji Hae's vision had fully adjusted to the darkness. She made her way to her door and poked her head out. The hallway was empty. Slowly and quietly, she tried to crawl across into Kris's room which was opposite hers. She managed to make it halfway across the hallway before she heard footsteps begin to make its way up the stairs. Panicking, she threw herself into Kris's room and crawled into the space beneath his bed. The footsteps became audibly clearer and from beneath the bed she could see the lights in her room had been . 

Oh sh*t. She thought. In a final attempt to alert Kris of the impending danger, Ji Hae spoke a little louder. 

"Kris! Hide! There is an intruder in my house! You need to hide Kris! Or call the po-" before she could finish what she wanted to say, the lights on Kris' room had flickered on. Ji Hae shut her eyes, not wanting to witness the moment Kris meets his death. The sound of footsteps send shivers down her spine. Ji Hae was sure of it. She was never going to see Kris Wu again. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" Ji Hae whispered, a tear trickling down her left cheek. 

"Ji Hae?" she heard a familiar voice call out. "Ji Hae, is that you?" the voice continued. Ji Hae recognised this voice. It was Kris! Kris was still alive! Before she knew it, she was pulled out from under Kris' bed by the foot. "What are you doing under my bed?" Kris asked increduously. 

"Oh thank god you're okay, Kris!" Ji Hae cried. "I thought you died!" 

Kris let out an amused laugh. "You'd like it if I were dead wouldn't you?" he continued as he sat himself on the bed. Ji Hae shot him an unbemused look. 

"You know, I think one of these days, I might just kill you myself" Ji Hae added bitterly. "Anyway, did the intruder leave?" Ji Hae was suddenly aware again. 

"What intruder?" Kris asked, rasiing an eyebrow at her. 

"Didn't you hear the rattling and crashing downstairs?" Ji Hae asked increduously. 

"OH, that was...uh, me" came Kris' nervous reply. "I went downstairs to make myself a cup of tea, but couldn't find the light switch so I kind of fumbled around and dropped a few things"

Ji Hae's jaw dropped. "So you made tea in the dark?"

"Yeah" Kris grinned. 

OH. MY. GOD. Ji Hae could not believe what she was hearing. This whole time she thought there was an intruder in the house, but no, it was just stupid Kris making his stupid tea, in the stupid dark. "I cannot believe i'm losing sleep over this" she growled and stormed back into her room. 

Ugh! What an idiot! Ji Hae thought to herself as she tucked herself back into bed. Memories of her and Kris' past consumed her thoughts. Their first encounter was in middle school. Kris sauntered over to her one morning with his group of friends in tow, and asked to date her. She readily agreed, and as their relationship took its course, she too fell for the ever charming, Kris Wu. But one day, Kris suddenly called it quits. He claimed he dated her because he was bored, and without any further explanations, left for China the next day. Ji Hae was of course, hearbroken. It took her nearly six months to recover from the heartache. 

Not too long ago, her parents signed on for a project in partnership with Kris' parents, this was also the reason for their parents' business trip and Kris' return. Kris enrolled into the same school as Ji Hae, and because their parents felt unsettled about leaving their kids home alone, they were also stuck under the same roof for the next three days. Their parents reasoned that if Ji Hae and Kris were together, they could at least keep each other company and look out for one another. Well, at least thats what they hoped for.

This clearly wasn't going to be the case though, as Ji Hae had some unresolved grudges to take care of. All of them concering the almighty Kris Wu. 

"Prepare yourself for a senior year of hell" Ji Hae chuckled, finally drifting off to sleep.