Braided

Four Times Around the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    If someone came up to her and ask what she liked most about Changmin, Yoona couldn’t possibly give a simple answer. She wouldn’t know where to begin. Should she start off with the way the sides of his eyes crinkle when he smiles? Or should she take it down a notch and mention his corny lines first? There was too much of Changmin to love, and not enough time in the world to talk about it.

    Not that she would talk about it to anyone about this. She’s too much of a coward to show how anyone how wonderful her boyfriend is.

    Boyfriend.

    Boyfriend.

    Boyfriend.

   Yoona shook her head and laughed while chaining her bike to a post. Within three minutes, she already barged in on Changmin’s apartment with the pizza box on her hand. “Pizza delivery! To the cutest guy in town.”

   “Seeing how small this town is, I don’t think I can take that as a compliment,” Changmin appeared from the bathroom with nothing but a while towel hugging his hips.

   She set the box on the coffee table and pretended to fuss over opening it. It was getting too hot in this room. She saw how droplets clung to his defined stomach, slowly inching their way downwards. She wished to be that water. “I’m not sure if you’re into olives, so I had the half topped with olives. I really love them, but if you do too I guess we can compromise, I mean there’s nothing wrong with eating pizza without olives, but I guess I got used to eating them that way, maybe it would—”

   The rest of what she was supposed to say melted on Changmin’s lips.

   Her eyes widened.

   Changmin smiled and she swore she could taste it on .

   “You’re cute when you’re nervous. Am I making you nervous right now?” Changmin pressed his forehead against Yoona’s, guiding her hand to his bare shoulders.

   Her fingers burned where her skin met his. “N-no, you’re not! Go to hell, Changmin!”

   “No,” He chuckled and pecked the tip of Yoona’s nose. “You should call me darling.”

   Protests died as Changmin gently lead Yoona to the couch and sniffed a strand of her hair. “Am I making you feel something you aren’t supposed to feel? Am I making you feel hot? Am I—”

   “I feel like you should go to hell!” She yelled and just like that, she head butted her boyfriend of four months. Breathe in, breathe out. She was on the verge of tears. “Stop teasing me like that.”

   “God! That hurts, you little—!”

   “What? Spill it! I’m a little, what?!”

   “You little cutie pie,” he grinned as he sheepishly rubbed his forehead. She would always be one of his greatest weaknesses. Angry, embarrassed, flattered, ecstatic, there isn’t a reaction of Yoona that isn’t cute to Changmin.

   “That’s so much better, darling,” she smiled and kissed Changmin where it hurts. “I’m sorry I had to do that. You were being an .”

   “It’s okay, just do that kissy thing again.”

   “Ha! Just go to hell, darling.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   When Changmin had a shirt on, Yoona found out that he was addicted to olives. This was the reason why four in the afternoon found Changmin lying on the couch with his head on Yoona’s lap and a half-empty box of pizza popped open on the table. A Series of Unfortunate Events—Yoona’s all-time favorite movie was playing on the television. She loved that film to pieces, but she must have seen that a hundred times too many for her attention was focused on Changmin’s face.

   This was her guilty pleasure—studying Changmin as he lay sleeping on her lap. The dancing lights emanating from the television helped her examine his features, the rise and fall of his chest as the seconds blur into minutes.

   Yoona smiled to herself. Call her selfish, but Shim Changmin was hers and hers alone.

   Changmin twisted and slightly turned in his sleep, and when Yoona was just about to move to make him feel more comfortable, she froze. Because on his unconscious state, on his lips, Shim Changmin uttered a name that wasn’t hers. “Min Ah… Min Ah… I’m sorry.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter