Actions Speak Louder Then Words

Safe In Your Arms

Jonghyun sighed as he stared down at his soggy bowl of cornflakes, the sound of the drama playing on the small portable tv playing in the background. Jonghyun wasn't the richest person, he lived in a small caravan type house in a park full of many other small moveable homes. He was juggling both uni and work and it was the only affordable home on the market.

He earned enough to buy his shopping each week although most of the time it was the cheaper supermarket own branded stuff. Jonghyun shared his home with his four legged trouble maker Roo, the place was so small he had the tiniest kitechen, a small bathroom with just a toilet, sink and a mini shower. He had his bed which folded away during the day but he never bothered as he used it to sit on when watching something or if he had course work to do. To most people it may seem like hell living in such cramped space but Jonghyun was more then happy, it was only a fifteen walk to the University and a ten minute walk into town.

The 20 year old loved where he lived, on his journey to uni or to work he would get to walk over a bridge and see such a beautiful view of the harbour. It was always more beautiful watching the sun set from the bridge, Jonghyun worked in a pet shop, he was so lucky they fit him in around his hours at uni. He would sometimes do mornings if he had afternoon classes and vice versa if he had class in the morning.

Getting up of the bed,  Jonghyun threw away the soggy golden flakes and placed his bowl in the sink. Sighing again, he ran a hand through his grey hair, he just couldn't stop thinking about his ex best friend. He missed his friend so much that it seemed to hurt more and more each day. The simple thought of him and Jonghyun would be on the verge of sobbing his heart out. Jonghyun always said he never had any regrets but lately he seems to think that quote was pure crap, how he wished he could change what he said the night he last saw his best friend.

It was coming up for nearly five months since he last saw his best friend, although he never admitted it, he loved his friend more then anything. His feelings ran deeper and he saw his best friend as something more, he never said anything due to the fact his friend was already taken. He hated his best friend's boyfriend, he was scum, rude and full of crap. Jonghyun hated his best friend's boyfriend so much because he knew what friends lover was like personally. Jonghyun wasn't stupid, he knew that boy was using his friend and abusing him, he saw the bruises with his own eyes.

The last time Jonghyun saw his best friend and secret love, he asked his friend to believe him and trust him, to leave that abusive boyfriend who was making him so miserable. Jonghyun hardly got to spend any time with his friend as the months went by before that night, it was like the boyfriend Woohyun knew he was annoying him.

Each time Jonghyun tried to plan something, whether it was a trip to the cinema, or a meal some where or even a sleep over watching cheesy movies and eating junk food, he got declined. Jonghyun even saved up, living on beans and toast for two months so he could take his best friend shopping and to spoil him as he hadn't seen him for a while only to have the offer rejected and Woohyun smugly smiling. Jonghyun knew Woohyun was controlling the sad looking boy, Woohyun hated it when people tried to talk to his best friend.

He went as far as taking the boy's mobile phone from him and making sure his number was the only one in the contacts list. Jonghyun knew it was no use crying but he missed his best friend so much, the way he would laugh at his lame joke or give him support when he felt like giving up on uni. Switching off the light, Jonghyun dragged his tired body to his bed and flopped on to the lifeless mattress.

Roo jumping up to curl beside her master, her tail wagging quickly when Jonghyun scratched behind her long floppy ear. Five minutes after, a small knock at his door startled both Jonghyun and Roo, the dog jumping down to bark once like she was alerting her master. It was half past eleven at night so the puppy like man was cautious was to who it may be.

He wasn't expecting anyone and it was a bit late for the postman although he only would get more bills demanding money. Throwing on some jogging pants to look a little decent, Jonghyun walked to his front door and unlocked it including the chain. Opening the door carefully, Jonghyun gasped as he instantly recognized the person. He blinked a few times to see if it was a dream or if he was imagining things but no, standing before him was his best friend.

"B...B...Bummie, w....what are you doing here" Jonghyun whispered, still in complete shock as he hadn't seen the young feline boy for months. Key was 18 and had moved (or forced) in to living with Woohyun a two months before Jonghyun never saw him again.

Shaking his head, he moved to let the younger inside as it was cold and not very safe around that area at that time of night. Jonghyun noticed how bad Key looked but not in a horrible way, he hair was messy, his cheeks were stained with tear tracks and tears were still falling. Jonghyun felt his heart crack each time Key sniffled, the older of the two rushed to comfort the broken boy and that his when he noticed the huge black eye Key had tattooing around his left feline eye.

Anger and pure rage built up in Jonghyun, he knew who did it and wanted to teach Woohyun a good lesson or two.  It always baffled Jonghyun how Woohyun could treat Key so badly. The puppy like man was so jealous that he got to date the feline boy when all Jonghyun wanted to do was the same but the only difference was he genuinely loved Key.

The younger sobbed in to Jonghyun's arms as the puppy like man embraced him and he even tightened his grip around the trembling younger. Jonghyun ran his hands up and down the younger's back rubbing soothing circles to help calm Key down, it seemed to work as after a few minutes the sobs died down to soft whimpers and hiccups. Before Jonghyun could even open his mouth to ask what was wrong, Key spoke softy, voice cracking with each word.

"H...H..He cheated on me Jonghyun, h...h..he hit me when I...I...I tried to leave. H...H...He threw me out a...after saying I....I meant nothing to him. W...Woohyun s...said I..I was worthless a...and s...said I...I was r...rubbish in bed" Key choked out and buried his face in to Jonghyun's chest.

He could feel the tears falling again and all the older wanted to do was go and smash that idiots face in. How dare he even consider laying a single finger on Key let alone call him worthless. Jonghyun whispered calming words to Key, hoping they would help and at lest make him feel slightly better. Jonghyun was left utterly shocked and speechless by what the younger said afterwards

"I...I am not crying because of him Jjong, I am c...c..crying because I didn't believe you when you were right all along. I...I was blind and stupid, I...I shouted at you and called you a liar, I...I slapped you and left y...y...you alone. A...All you was doing was protecting me and looking out for me but I hurt you" Key whispered and choked on a sob when he peeked in to the large puppy eyes that were mirroring his own.

Tears were falling down Jonghyun's cheeks as he embraced Key again, hugging him close to his chest. Never will he let Key go again or even let him leave his embrace. After a few minutes they both pulled back to stare at each other, it was like they knew what each other were going to do. While Jonghyun caressed the younger's cheeks and wiped the tears away, being careful to not hurt the younger's black eye, Key was doing the same, soft pale fingers caressing Jonghyun's tears. The older smiled weakly before embracing the younger in a tight hug again, Roo happily trying to get in between the two males to get some attention making them both chuckle lightly.

"Key, p..please don't think that your worthless, y...your perfect the way you are and deserve so much more. I am not angry at you Kibummie, I...I am just so happy to have you back Bum" Jonghyun spoke softly as he combed his fingers through the younger's hair.

Key smiled hearing the older boy's words, it made his heart flutter happily and made his body tingle. He didn't deserve Jonghyun or his friendship after what he did. Slapping Jonghyun and walking away from their years of friendship that night was the biggest regret in the feline boy's life, all this time Jonghyun had been right. Key didn't love Woohyun, in fact he was scared of the older boy, he was always rude and would never let him speak with friends.

It didn't matter whether they were male or female, the way Woohyun would always have his arm or wrist in a tight grip, each time leaving bruises and deep scratch marks on his delicate skin. Woohyun abused him, constantly hitting him like he was a punch bag, forcing him to do things he didn't want to do or feel ready to do. Jonghyun had known although Key had never said anything to the older, that was what hurt Key more about the whole situation.

The older was trying so hard to help him and get him away from the hate and abuse and protect him. Key felt so dumb and so stupid, he was scared of Woohyun but he knew in a fight Jonghyun would win hands down. After another few minutes, the pulled away again, Jonghyun took Key's bags and placed them by the bed. Key already knew the small home as he had visited and stayed with Jonghyun many times in the past and the younger remembered them so well, those nights were the funniest and best nights of his eighteen years of life.

After a quick wash and change of clothes, they got into bed, the small house was pitch black, the only light was from outside. They cuddled for a while before Jonghyun dosed off in to a light sleep, Key watched the older, smiling as he lightly traced Jonghyun's face with his finger. The feline boy found he couldn't sleep very well, he kept tossing and turning to try and get comfortable.

The younger knew it was because he wouldn't forgive him self for what he had done to the puppy like man. While Jonghyun had wiped it under the carpet, Key felt the guilt eat away at him and it only made him feel worse. The feline boy slipped out of bed quietly, he didn't want to disturb Jonghyun, throwing on his clothes he had worn during the day, Key crept out of the small home.

He thought maybe a walk could help clear his head a little bit, snuggling into his coat, the younger walked until he reached the bridge. Even at the night, the view was pretty amazing, the calm waters rocking the boats gently, the sound of them hitting against the wooden platforms sounded out every so often. Key got so lost in his thought that he didn't realise how late it had gotten, too busy staring out and those thought's occupying his mind, it was easy to forgot he had been there for over an hour already.

Jonghyun turned over, hoping to snuggle with his Bummie only to find the space next to him empty. Quickly he sat up in bed, no longer did he feel tired, worry setting in fast. If he knew Key as well as he did then he had a faint idea where he might have gone, leaping out bed like he was late for work. Jonghyun threw on his black leather trousers, a large white T shirt, black jumper with a white design on the front.

Quickly Putting on a cap to cover his slightly messy bed hair and grabbing a zip up hoodie as it was cold out side. Quickly he put on his white Nike trainers Key had brought him for Christmas a few days before they drifted apart and getting Roo on her lead, Jonghyun left in search of his Bummie. It was very quiet about for a Thursday evening, a few odd cars driving around but the pathways were mainly empty, Roo seemed so happy and hyper to be going on yet another late night walk, she was all over the place not knowing where to go first.

Jonghyun walked as fast as he could, the last thing he wanted was to have Key taken from him just as he had gotten the beauty back in his life. Roo tried to keep up with her masters fast foot steps, her long floppy ears bouncing as she to lightly run to keep up. Jonghyun knew the figure standing by the railing on the bridge, the calm winds blowing the figures soft, light red hair lightly. Quietly Jonghyun sneaked up behind the younger, not wanting to scare him, he could tell Key was worrying about something, he knew the feline boy better then he knew anyone else. 

"Don't even think about it Kibummie" Jonghyun whispered in to the younger's triple pierced ear as he wrapped his arms around Key's waist tightly. Roo was jumping up at Key's leg's, tail couldn't wag fast enough when she got his attention.

Jonghyun had to say what he did, he didn't want Key to do something stupid even though he could be wrong but he would never be able to life with out his Bummie even if Key finds someone else. The younger nearly jumped out his skin when he felt arms around him but the strong, warm familiar embrace and sweet cotton candy scent calmed him instantly.

He was shocked that Jonghyun knew where to find him, it was like he was an open book, easy to read. Key turned in the hold to face Jonghyun, before he could even utter a single word, the older beat him to it. " I know you may think what Woohyun said is true and that no one would miss you if you were gone but let me tell you Bummie, that is utter rubbish. I know for a fact two idiots love and care about you more then you realise Kibummie" Jonghyun spoke with a soft smile on his lips as he looked down at Roo for a second before staring back in to those gorgeous feline eyes.

Key couldn't understand how Jonghyun could be so amazing and perfect after all the hurt and pain he put the older through. He didn't feel worthy enough to have Jonghyun in his life yet he knew he wouldn't be able to live with out having his two puppies in his life. Key returned the embrace, nuzzling his face in the older's shoulder.

He noticed that Jonghyun was wearing the white Nike trainers he got him fro Christmas, they still looked brand new and bright white. The younger couldn't deny that Jonghyun was a very y and attractive man, even from looking at him now, wearing clothes he had thrown on quickly, Key found the older so handsome and drop dead gorgeous. He was just so lucky to have Jonghyun in his life and care so much about him.

"Jjong, is that your cheesy love confession" Key giggled out and it made Jonghyun chuckle as well. The younger pulled back to see those warm puppy eyes shining under the dim street lamp light, a beautiful smile on those plump lips and his head rolled to the side slightly.

Key thought Jonghyun looked like a happy puppy being told he was going for a walk. Nodding his head lightly to the younger's question, Jonghyun chuckled again and dropped his head to see Roo getting annoyed with sitting around. The older was left utterly speechless again that night when one of Key's soft hand's cupped his chin and brought his face up, a pair of silky soft bow shaped lips lightly pressed against his own plump lips briefly.

The younger blushed and looked down once he pulled back, worried he may of done something wrong. When he dated Woohyun, he never got a kiss or a cuddle, never got to hold hands or say those three words although looking back Key knew if he said them he would of been lying. Jonghyun could only blink a few times, a small smile creeping up on his plump lips, his right hand moving to hold the feline boy's hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"Is that your cheesy love confession Jjong" Key teased softly when he looked back in to those puppy eyes. He could feel him self melt from all the genuine love that clouded those dark brown orbs. Jonghyun could only blush lightly and nod his head to Key's question, although he always dreamed of taking Key some where fancy then confessing his love then but nothing ever seemed good enough for his Kibummie.

Key felt his heart flutter knowing Jonghyun genuinely loved him even though he hadn't out rightly said those three words. The feline boy felt feelings he had never experienced before and it felt so thrilling and gave him such an amazing rush. Key was broken out of his trance when the older softly spoke while lovingly staring in to his eyes.

"What do you say we go and grab some Mcdonald's then go home and snuggle. It's cold out here and we have 5 months worth of hugs to catch up on" Jonghyun said softly, gaze fixed on the beautiful man in front of him.

It was bitter cold and all Jonghyun wanted to do was eat something hot and cuddle his beautiful kitten. He only had a enough on him to buy them both a decent hot meal each at Mcdonalds and it had been a while since the older had eaten proper hot food. Eating soggy or stale cornflakes for breakfast and dinner wasn't the most enjoyable meal Jonghyun had eaten.

He had to make do though, most of his money went towards books he needed for his course and then his rent and the rest went towards food and care for Roo. Key nodded and found him self squealing on the inside when Jonghyun said they had lot's of cuddles to catch up on, there was nothing better then being in the older's strong arms.

Key smiled while biting his bottom lip as he felt a small tug on his arm and Jonghyun leading the way to grab some food, Roo happily trying to pull her master to move faster. They were the only ones in MacDonald's, choosing to take it home as Roo couldn't come inside. The walk home was nice although chilly, they shared small talk and banter which seemed to make the journey pass a lot quicker.

They had only ordered a standard burger and fries each with the older managing to have enough to get Key the Mcflurry he so badly wanted. Seeing Jonghyun spoil him and buy him food especially know that the older didn't have much money to begin with made him feel even more guilty. The soft squeeze of his hand and a sweet smile sent his way always seemed to wash his concerns and worries away, he still wondered why someone like Jonghyun would be so interested in him.

Their friendship and bond meant so much to them both and the feline boy couldn't believe he nearly threw it all way because of that cheating scum bag. Key honestly felt so happy for the first time in so long, Jonghyun cracking out lame cheesy jokes and being an idiot with his food yet Key couldn't stop the giggles that would spill from his bow shaped lips. 

Feline eys creased as his laughter increased, cheeks dusted a little pink, Jonghyun couldn't help but stare and admire just how beautiful Key truly is. They sat on the small bed eating and Jonghyun felt so proud to hear Key had gotten into the same Uni as him self, studying Art, business, Fashion and designing. He knew it was always the feline beauties dream to own a shop full of his own creations.

A shop full of clothing and shoes all created with the younger s imagination, He felt so happy that he pulled Key into a tight hug, making Key blooped some ice cream on his cute button nose. The younger wrinkled it up as the cold feeling against his nose felt strange, he couldn't be angry though not when Jonghyun is muttering over and over just how happy and proud he is.

They finished up not long after and got back into bed, the older made sure the door was all locked up and Roo was settled down at the end of the bed between the two boys. They spoke a little bit more, sharing sweet, tender pecks here and there, Key felt so over whelmed seeing so much love cloud those puppy eyes. Knowing that love was for him and him only made Key feel so giddy and happy, he never felt love before and yet it felt so amazing.

It didn't take long for the puppy like man to fall back to sleep again although luckily he had the next three days off so he could spend every second with his Kibummie. Key rolled over to the window, smiling softly at how Jonghyun managed to make him feel so special without having to do a thing. He suddenly felt an arm wrap around his waist, warm finger's lightly caressing his belly.

A warm chest pressed against his back and soft plump lips seemed to attach them self's to the younger's neck. He could hear Jonghyun muttering in his sleep about how beautiful he was even with a black eye. The older's voice was deep and husky and the younger could tell it was laced with sleep yet he hadn't heard anything more y in his life. The way those words held so much meaning even though Jonghyun was basically kind of sleep talking, the younger thought he was talking nonsense at first but he kept on muttering in to the younger's neck.

Such sweet words like "Beautiful, Gorgeous, pretty and perfect" were among what the older kept saying over and over. The younger didn't think he deserved such kindness and protection yet he felt so happy and he actually felt like a human with feelings.

He wasn't just a punch bag or a doll to throw around but Jonghyun made him feel like he was a precious, fragile human with rare, pure emotions and feelings. It made the feline boy tear up a little, he had been feeling so scared to show his face in case people laughed and thought his black eye was a joke and he deserved it. Key smiled again and turned over to see the older still sleeping but the grip around his waist tightened.

It was there and then that Key realised Jonghyun truly loved him, he rested his head against the older's chest, listening to the steady beats of his heart. Key felt so stupid for not believing in Jonghyun sooner, how he wished he could turn back time and never even know who Woohyun is. The younger wished to start again but the only difference was he was dating Jonghyun instead, the thought of being able to be happy all those months ago made the feline boy regret his actions.

Why did he have to be so dense back then, his true source of love and happiness was always in front of his eyes yet he was in denial and so naive. The past is the past and Key wanted to focus on the present and the future and he knew he wanted Jonghyun beside him no matter what. Closing his eyes, Key felt so comfortable, a soft, gentle smile on his bow shaped lips as he felt a press of lips to his forehead.

Key felt so safe in Jonghyun's strong, warm arms, he didn't even need to hear Jonghyun say those three words, actions always speak louder then words and tonight Jonghyun had proved that completely.


A/N Hello lovelies <333

 

Thank you to my 40 subscribers <333 (let's party hard like Jongkey XD)

I once again am sorry for the lack of story last week ><

I hope this was at lest worth the wait for some fluff XD

Comment, Subscribe and enjoy lovelies <33 ^^ (who doesn't love Key XD)

I was see you all again soon :3