It's Always You

Forever Love

"Okay guys, we want your ideas for the soundtrack for Dream Knight. We have a few recordings here which you can listen to and choose from, alright?" The PD explains to the boys of GOT7. They were all huddled in the boardroom discussing the official soundtrack they will be using for their webdrama. There was a sound system set up for them to listen to the songs on the PD's list. Suddenly, Jaebum stretches his hand up, getting the PD's attention.

"PD-nim... I know this is such short notice but, I actually have a song here... Which I think fits perfectly." Jaebum raises up his lyric sheet and a CD.

"Oh... okay then. Let's hear it!" The PD reaches out to get the CD, inserts it into the player and waits. Saying that Jaebum is nervous would be the understatement of the century. It would be great to finally debut one of his self-composed and self-written songs. This song is very dear to him, for more reasons as well. As soon as the music starts, everyone listens intently. Jaebum looks at the PD's face to try and guess his reaction. It's quite hard when he just looks uninterested. 

I’m looking at you but I can’t reach you
So I’m only drawing out my heart
My love that I couldn’t tell you on the night you shed tears
I’ll tell you now

The first thing I want to tell you, don’t hurt anymore
When you fall, I’ll be the first to hold out my hand
The second thing I want to tell you, don’t cry by yourself
I’ll protect your bright smile
I’m forever in your heart

I need to leave you, I’m silently crying, I’m erasing my heart
On a night filled with memories
I have to say goodbye, words I don’t want to say

The first thing I want to tell you, don’t hurt anymore
When you fall, I can’t give you my hand anymore
The second thing I want to tell you, don’t cry by yourself
Even if I’m not by your side, don’t forget me
I’m forever in your heart

It might be hard to say goodbye while separating
I was determined but the words only linger around
And I finally tell you while looking at your lips

The last thing I want to tell you, I was happy
Because I was able to be by your side, like a gift
I love you, words I couldn’t tell you, I miss you
Even though I’m saying goodbye, I’m not far away
I’m forever in your heart

When the song ends, everyone is quite. Jaebum is at the edge of his seat, he can't take the silence anymore so he decides to speak up.

"So, PD-nim, what do you think?"

"Hmm... I think... it's perfect." PD-nim slowly looks up at Jaebum and gives him an assuring smile.

"Really?!" Jaebum tries to sound less excited but his eyes and smile betray him. He's ecstatic! 

"Yes. I don't think we need to listen to the other songs anymore. This is it." The PD says before he stands up and steps out of the room. The other members stand up and approaches Jaebum to give him a hug and congratulate him. One boy, however, is just sitting there, in a daze. Without anyone noticing, Youngjae stands up quietly and steps out of the room. 

"Hey, where's Youngjae?" Jaebum voices out his concern once everyone has calmed down. Jackson looks behind him at the seat where Youngjae supposedly occupied.

"He was just there a while ago."

"I'll go look for him," Jinyoung volunteers.

"No, it's okay. Go on ahead to the restaurant, I'll go get Youngjae," Jaebum pushes the members out the room while he heads to where he knows Youngjae will be. 

Jaebum pushes up the door to Recording Room A, "I knew you would be here."

Youngjae looks up from the lyric sheet he's slumped over and turns around to look at Jaebum, eyes puffy and red. Jaebum rushes to Youngjae's side.

"Hey, what happened? Why are you crying?" Jaebum rests his hands on Youngjae's cheeks and smooths his thumb across to wipe the visible tear stains.

"Nothing... I just remembered something." Youngjae pulls away from Jaebum and returns to his lyric sheet.

"Don't lie to me Youngjae. I've known you long enough to know if something's troubling you." Jaebum holds onto Youngjae's face with his two hands and slowly turns Youngjae's face to make him face Jaebum again.

"I said it was nothing, go on and party with the others," Youngjae pushes Jaebum away again. God, this kid is really stubborn. But what he said left Jaebum confused.

"What? What did I do?" Jaebum asks, confusion obvious on his face. Youngjae does not answer, too embarrassed, actually, to say anything - to admit anything.

"Youngjae, come on, don't be like this."

"itsyoursong" Youngjae mumbles quietly.

"What?" Jaebum gets a little more confused.

"I said... it's your song.." Youngjae buries his face further into the lyric sheet, if that's even possible, trying to hide his fast reddening cheeks.

"What? What about my song? You didn't like it?" 

"No... it was amazing actually... too perfect... like you were thinking of someone while writing it.." Youngjae says all of this while looking at his paper, not daring to look at Jaebum, afraid of what Jaebum will admit.

Now, it's Jaebum's turn to be flustered. "I... umm... I actually was..." Jaebum looks down at his hands on his lap, playing with his fingers because he's actually not ready to admit anything yet.

Youngjae, however, is already on the verge of tearing up again. 'I knew it, he already fell for Hayoon noona...I can't take this. But I have to know, to clear everything, so I can move on.'  "So..uhmm.. who were you thinking about?"

"What?" Jaebum looks up at Youngjae. Jaebum is so not ready to say anything yet. This is so not how he pictured his proposal would be.

"W-who... were you thinking a-about... while... uhmm... writing that song?" Youngjae asks, trying to will his stupid heart to calm the hell down. This is not the time. He needs to be strong so he can still have energy to walk out and not collapse. 

"Oh..uhm...actually... I was actually... uhm... I was actually... uhmm... Iwasthinkingofyou" Jaebum mumbles that last part quietly. Dammit.

"What?" Youngjae stares wide-eyed. Did he hear that correctly? Maybe not. Jaebum mumbled it afterall. Maybe he heard wrong cause his heart was having a rock concert inside his chest without his permission, blocking his hearing.

After taking a deep breath, Jaebum says, "I was... thinking of you..." Jaebum looks into Youngjae's eyes, trying to catch his reaction.

"Really?" Youngjae murmurs.

Jaebum just nods, a small smile on his lips.

"C-can you sing it? For me?" Youngjae request, eyes getting watery, as he looks into Jaebum's.

"I'd love to," and Jaebum sings, pouring his heart into every lyric, every melody, eyes never leaving Youngjae's.

When he finishes, Youngjae just smiles a teary smile and lunges at Jaebum, crashing his lips on Jaebum's. Jaebum's shocked at first, but when he realizes what's happening, slowly rests his hand on either side of Youngjae's face, deepening the kiss. After what seems like an eternity, they pull apart, resting their foreheads on each other, a smile on both their lips, breathless.

"I like you too, Jaebum hyung."

A/N: YEY it's up! I actually wrote this while at work >< ssh! don't tell my boss! LOL. Anyway, I'm actually not quite happy with this. I feel like I rushed it :( I just wanted to write a 2jae fic at once so yeah :( I MIGHT write another 2jae fic inspired by Forever Love so hopefully I'd get an inspiration and an idea :D

Either way, I hope you guys like it! Comments, suggestions, contructive criticisms are always welcome at the comments section below! :D

Thank you and 2Jae is REAL! LOL