That Fateful Day

Storied Attraction

JongHyun's House

*RING RING*

*RING RING*

*CLICK* *Alarm-OFF*

The screeching sounds of his alarm clock awoke the sleepy guitarist. He tossed and turned before finally succumbing to the annoying morning nemesis. He sat up against his bed with clear dark circles below his dark brown eyes. He's been working non-stop not to mention going to India and experiencing life there with KyuLine.

He pulled himself out of his bed and dragged his feet to his bathroom. He took up his electric toothbrush and started brushing his teeth, he walked to his couch and lounged, reading the newspaper while brushing his teeth.

*Bon Jovi's It's My Life echoes his house*

"Who is it at this timing..." Jonghyun grumbled as he quickly spat out the toothpaste and washed up.

"Yeoboseyo?" Jonghyun said.

"Hyung ah! Remember you have a schedule? We are having a photoshoot with the FNC family! Don't tell me you just woke up..." Jungshin exclaimed.

"Chin Cha? OMG. I just woke up, i'll rush over now!" Jonghyun quickly changed into a shirt and jeans and grabbed his coat before leaving.


FNC ENT

He arrived fashionably late with everyone frowning at him. Members from AOA, FT Island, Juniel and N.Flying had gathered.

The idols had lots of fun as they barely had time to interact with each other. Piling schedules and not to mention constant touring has taken a toll on them and the photoshoot really boosted their morale. 

"Everyone, thank you for your cooperation and I promise the photos will turn out well!" The HIGH CUT team packed up their equipment and left.

"Jonghyun ah! Want to join us for Karaoke?" Jungshin and Jaejin asked clasping their hands together.

"I'm sorry but i'm meeting my childhood friend visiting Seoul! Mianhae!" Jonghyun politely rejected their proposal and quickly left the building.


"The Lab" Cafe in Gangnam

"I'd like a caramel frappachino and... uhm... *his eyes scanned through the cafe's menu, arriving at iced coffee* iced americano please." Jonghyun ordered his coffee and stood at the side waiting for his drink, taking a few napkins from the dispenser.

Out of the corner of his eyes he saw a goddess, an angel, her pale skin, wide amber eyes and demure features. He was smitten and was oblivious to his surroundings, everything seemed to be in slow motion.

He noticed her little details like how she would her head to her side whenever she pulled her long brown hair back and occasionally took out her phone to glance at the screen only to put it back down again.

A voice from behind took him out of his trance.

"Sir...Sir! Your coffee is ready! Do you hear me?" *taps Jonghyun shoulder*

"Mianhae! I was just day dreaming..." Jonghyun apologised.

"I know you were checking out that girl over there, she's been sitting there waiting for hours. What a strange girl." the barista told him.

"Aniya... Don't say it so loudly..." Jonghyun whispered.

"She always buys a iced coffee." the barista hinted.

"Haha, thank you!" Jonghyun politely bowed his head slightly.

*Bzz Bzz* His phone vibrated through his jeans, as he took it out he saw the Caller ID and quickly answered it.

"Hey what's up with you! I've been waiting here at the station for over 10 minutes! Get your here now!" his childhood friend chided him.

"I'm so sorry! I'll be right there! Leaving the cafe now! Guess what? Got your favourite caramel frappachino!" Jonghyun quickly hurried out of the cafe.

Aish... If only my friend arrived later... I could have gotten to know her...  Jonghyun thought to himself. 

As he e last time to see her face, they locked eyes and Jonghyun comically ran into a passerby, causing him to spill the coffees. 

He apologised and quickly ran to the train station empty handed and with coffee stains on his shoes.


"The Lab" Cafe in Gangnam

Glancing at her lock screen, no new messages were on her notification bar. She let out a long sigh of despair as she slowly placed her phone on the table. 

She lifted her head to find a tall, gorgeus man looking straight her. She noticed how thick his eye brows were and how light his flawless skin was.

Moments later she burst out laughing at the scene which Jonghyun had created. Coffee was sprawn all over the pavement and he was bowing and apologising to the ahjumma he had bumped into.

She wondered to herself if he had been checking her out the whole time, the thought of it made her shiver.

Seungyeon ah! There's no way he would like you! You're such a dork... She wondered.

She finished her iced coffee and promptly went home.


Jonghyun's House

He came back so exhausted from bringing his friend out and about Korea's capital. As he was undressing ready to take a bath he suddenly remembered the girl he saw at the cafe, he couldn't stop thinking of her. He pictured her standing laying in the hot bath signalling him to join her. He rubbed his eyes in sheer disbelieve and the image was gone.

Gosh what are you thinking? I'm not a byuntae! Aish... What is wrong with me... He quickly showered and put on his sweats and pants.

As he laid on his bed, he couldn't sleep. All he could think was the angel he saw at the cafe. Everytime he closed his eyes his mind took him back to the moment he was taking the napkins and discovering her. He was spent and really exhausted but he didn't mind staying up and just imagining "What Ifs" scenarios. What if he met her again? What if she approaches him? What if... He pondered in deep thought before succumbing to sheer exhaustion.