Le grand finale

The place where I belong

He was looking at the earth when he saw the kid preparing to jump of the school's rooftop. An immense and acute pain pierced trough his body and soul. He was always the most sensitive angel when it cam to humans suffering, even more if they were so young.

He flew as fast as he could, trying to reach the boy before he killed himself but, upon arriving he saw it all: his immense pain that couldn't be cured, the desire to cease existing just to stop it all, the fear; It was clear for him that the other couldn't be saved, that even the entire power of heaven couldn't be able to keep him alive.

Powerless … that's how Taekwoon felt as he saw the other with a broken neck, blood surrounding him. He knew that the other was heading straight to hell right now and the feeling of injustice he was experimenting was overwhelming . The other had a beautiful soul, pure and young , but , just because he couldn't deal with the harsh reality, with the demons that kept tormenting him everyday , he was now condemned to burn in the pits of hell for eternity .

 

An angel has the power to redeem a soul if he or she think this is the right thing to do.

 

It was an uncommon practice to redeem the soul of a fallen but he decided he could do it if that meant the boy could spent the eternity where he rightfully belonged.

 

 

He always thought that hell was a hot and dull place, but he couldn't be more wrong. It was cold and the castle that laid in front of him was huge, probably the tallest and largest building he has ever seen. Upon entering he was greeted by burgundy colored carpets and human like statues . In the middle of the room there was a boy with ivory skin and raven colored hair , dark bangs covering his right eye.

 

“ What are you doing here, angel ? This is not a place for you.”

 

His voice was deep but with a soft edge and Taekwoon felt a pleasant shiver running trough his body.

 

“ You have something here that belongs to my world. There is a boy, not older that eighteen , who , although he made a mistake , is bound to stay in heaven. I came to take him with me.”

“ My my ...what a brave speech. It is too bad that you don't have any power here.”

“ It is said in The Law. An angel has the power to redeem a fallen soul.”

“ That applies if the soul haven't reached the hell gates. After he enters he is subjected to the laws of hell. That means you have to gain my permission in order to take him with you.”

 

 

He felt powerless again. It hurt him that he couldn't save the boy while he was alive and that, even after he was dead, he couldn't do anything for him. He was an angel. He was made to protect and to alleviate pain ...but he failed. He failed to do the only thing he was made to do.

 

“ He is just a boy. He is of no importance to you. Let him go where he belongs !”

“ I don't have such intentions. He is here already. What are you going to do now, angel ?'

“ Please. I beg you!. Show him mercy! Let him go!”

 

The demon started laughing and Taekwoon felt bad for actually considering his laugh enchanting.

 

“ You beg me ? Well, isn't that nice ? You have been so good that you actually made me consider fulfilling your wish. How about we make a deal ? I will let the boy go to heaven but, in exchange , you are going to remain here. How about this, angel ? This is the only deal I will make with you , so are you going to agree or not.

 

Taekwoon thought about his friends, Hakyeon and Wonshik ,for a few seconds. The two angels were the complete opposite of him but they were always together. They even tried to comfort him with their goofy antics whenever heaven felt like an empty place for him. If he agreed to the deal he wasn't going to see anymore and he knew that missing them would be the worst kind of torture; but afterward he thought about the boy: he was so young but his entire existence was made of suffering and he couldn't let him in that rotten place. He was an angel. He was made to protect.

 

“ It may be foolish of me to trust a demon but I will.”

 

“ Jaehwan , come here!”

 

Another boy entered the chamber. He wasn't as tall as the other demon. He was slightly tanned and his hair was ash blonde.”

 

“ How can I help you, my Lord?”

“ There is a boy who came here today. You will bring him here now.”

 

There was quiet until Jaehwan returned. The boy was even paler now, his eyes were bloodshot and were showing infinite amounts of fear and he was drenched in sweat.

 

“ It's okay. I got you now. You are going to be fine.” Taekwoon said hugging the boy tightly.

“ I am Taekwoon and I am going to take care of you. What's your name?”

“ Hyuk. Ha...Han Sanghyuk.”

“ Look at me Hyuk. You are going to heaven. Once you arrive them search for Wonshik and Hakeyon. They are going to take care of you. The nightmare is over.”

 

He kissed Hyuk's forehead and then watched as he flew to heaven

 

“ My Lord, the boy escaped!”

“ He wasn't useful but the angel, Taekwoon, take him to my room.” the demon said looking amused.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Taekwoon looked exquisite on the navy bedsheets. His clothes were the only white thing in the whole castle. Actually, if he came to think about this, maybe Taekwoon's clothes were the only white things int the whole hell and , strangely, he liked it that way. He felt a strange wave of pride when he thought about owning the most beautiful creature.

 

“ I am Hongbin.”

“ I know this already. Jaehwan told me.”

 

Taekwoons voice was soft, the softest things his ears had the opportunity to hear in his entire life. He looked fragile with his milky white skin and shoulder length midnight black colored hair. His eyes were cat like and his gaze was intense without being aggressive or domineering.

 

“ I met others from your kind but none was like you. They wouldn't give up their home for the sake of a suicidal kid.”

“ I had to.”

“ You didn't have to and you know it. Suicide is a sin so he could stay here. How does it feel to loose heaven for the sake of a lost boy.”

“ I haven't lost heaven . I never had it .”

“ You are an angel. You rightfully belong there.”

“ I don't. I never did.”

“ So where you belong, angel?”

“ Nowhere.”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

As the ruler of hell he didn't have the chance to meet a lot of angels but all of the ones he met were obnoxious and were proud of their origins. Taekwoon was different: he was quiet and he never thought he was above anyone else. Hongbin was surprised when he saw the angel using his powers to heal Jaehwan's and Dongwoo's injuries.

 

“ You miss heaven ?”

“ Except Jaehwan, Dongwoo and Sungyeol everything here is quiet. I like this place.”

“ You haven't answer my question.”

“ I don't. I miss my friends, though.”

“ You can meet them if you want. I can arrange a meeting for you somewhere on earth.”

 

 

 

***

 

Seeing them again almost brought him to tears.

 

“ Taekwoonie, are you okay. Have they forced you to do anything you didn't want?” Hakyeon said hugging him tightly.

“ Don't cry, Hakyeon. I am okay. They haven't made me do anything.”

“ Look Taekwoon. Hyuk is okay now.” Wonshik said trying to smile, but his deep voice was shaking.

“ You...you saved me. You really didn't have to. You lost everything because of me.”

“ Don't think like this, dear one. I don't regret anything.”

“ Come with us Taekwoon.”

“ I can't. I gave my word.”

 

 

***

Hongbin expected Taekwoon to leave hell when the opportunity arose but he didn't. After all, Taekwoon was an unusual kind of angel. He was Hongbin's most treasured person.

Ruling hell was an hard task . He felt alone most of the time. Being a king meant all the others felt the need to obey him at all costs. Even Jaehwan, who was a born rebel, treated him with the utmost respect. In the entire hell, he had no equal...that is until Taekwoon came with his calm demeanor and soft voice and , without looking like a threat, refused to be someone lower than his equal.

 

He didn't know what to expect when Jaehwan almost rushed him to go to sleep with a “ My Lord, this was tiring day. You shall go to sleep! Please go to sleep.” but he clearly didn't expect Taekwoon dressed in black velvet robes sitting on his bedsheets.

“ Has anything happened, Taekwoon ?”

“ I just wanted to thank you for allowing me to meet my friends.”

“ It was nothing. Black looks good on you. You should wear it more often.”

“ Thank you. I sure will.”

“ Goodnight Taekwoon.”

“ Goodnight , my Lord.”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

“ I can't do this any longer , Taekwoon. I can't be selfish enough to keep you here just because I finally stopped feeling lonely.”

“ You never forced me to stay here. I always stayed here on my own free will.”

“But what about your friends?”

“ I can see them whenever I want.”

“ Taekwoon...”

“ You know, I start to think that you want me to go away.”

“ I would never want such a thing. You know it's not like that.”

“ When we first met, I told you I don't belong in heaven and I stay true to my word. I don't belong in heaven nor do I belong in hell.”

“ Then where do you belong , Taekwoon? You keep sending me mixed signals and I can't keep doing this any longer. I constantly feel like I force you to do things and I wold never want to that.”

“ I am happy here. I have finally found home.”

“ But you said you don't want to go back to heaven and hell is also not your home.”

“ I meant you. I belong with you, my Lord.”

 

 

A/N:I hope you enjoyed it, at least a bit and...comments, subscribes and upvotes are greatly appreciated.

Hugs <3