Final

Can't Sleep

Youngjae walked out to the front yard. He slept at 8 pm, and he woke up a few minutes ago but he couldn’t go back to sleep. So he decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood. It wasn’t a very smart thing to do, he knew, considering it could be quite dangerous walking alone when there’s nobody around at 2 in the morning. But he couldn’t help it. The moment he stepped out of the house, he found himself walking on auto-pilot to the playground. Rumours had it that the playground was haunted. A few people had witnessed two young boys playing around in the middle of the night. Jackson once said that he had seen the kids too.

 

“I really saw them! Ask Mark hyung! He was with me at that time!” Jackson looked at Mark, asking for help. Mark sighed.

“Yes, I was there. But I didn’t see anything. The playground’s empty. You’re imagining things, Jackson.” Jackson smirked.

“You didn’t see anything because you were too busy staring at me.” Mark smacked the back of Jackson’s head.

“Shut up, you idiot." 

 

 

Youngjae, despite being a scaredy-cat himself, stood rooted to the ground, facing the swing set. He didn’t know why he went there. To prove something? Maybe. Or he was just wandering around and ended up at this place. The swings creaked and swayed slowly, as if someone or something had sat on it. The sound made his skin prickled with horror. He took a step back. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea. He should just go home and sleep. And maybe cuddle with Jaebum too, but that’s not important right now. Apparently, his head and his legs wouldn’t cooperate. He couldn’t move his damn legs.

‘Wow, just a tiny creak and I’m paralyzed. What would happen if I saw them for re—No. No, Choi Youngjae. Don’t think about it.’

And then he felt a sudden gust of cold wind and both swings stopped swaying. He felt shivers running down his back. He rubbed his palms together to get some heat and put them on his neck. He was just in his black shirt and a pair of drawstring sweatpants with a pair of sandals. No wonder he was freezing. He was just turning around to go home when he saw something moving in the bushes. Deciding not to act all bold and brave, he took another few steps backwards and that was when he felt something was thrown on his head and he saw black.

He was about to let out a loud, piercing, high-pitched scream, but he heard a familiar voice that stopped him from doing so.

“What are you doing out here all alone in the middle of the night?”

Youngjae removed the hoodie that was thrown onto his head and saw Jaebum standing not too far from him, hands in pockets. “Hyung…”

Youngjae ran into Jaebum’s arms and buried his face in his boyfriend’s chest. “Hyung, you don’t know how grateful I am that you came. I was so scared just now, I thought I’d pissed myself. Jackson hyung was saying the truth…” his voice was lowered to a whisper, “the kids do exist.”

Jaebum smiled. He cupped Youngjae’s face, leaned closer and closed his eyes. Youngjae did the same too, preparing himself for a kiss. And as their lips got closer, Jaebum brought a hand to Youngjae’s forehead and flicked it hard.

“Ouch! Hyung! What the fu—what was that for?!” He rubbed his now red forehead. Jaebum his hair lovingly.

“You’re dreaming, babe. Now, let’s go home before you get a fever.” Jaebum forced Youngjae to wear his hoodie so he wouldn’t get too cold. He then dragged Youngjae towards their shared house and Youngjae managed to steal one last glance towards the playground. And he really saw two kids standing near the swing set, staring at him with empty eyes. He turned his head quickly away from the playground and jogged a little to catch up with Jaebum’s pace. His heart was beating loudly, and he knew it wasn’t because of Jaebum’s touch.

As soon as they arrived at their house, Jaebum made Youngjae sat on the kitchen counter and forced him to drink a glass of milk to help him sleep. “Go to sleep, I’ll be there in a minute.” Jaebum said to Youngjae. He immediately got under the covers and waited patiently until Jaebum arrived. His boyfriend got into the bedroom right before Youngjae fell asleep.

“I want to know why you’re out there alone, but you can tell me about it tomorrow. Right now, you just go to sleep.” Youngjae looked into Jaebum’s eyes.

“No, hyung. It’s not a long story so I want to tell you now. Is it okay?” Jaebum smiled, nodding. Youngjae told his story while tracing the lines of Jaebum’s abs, and suddenly he asked.

“Should I workout too? You know, to get this abs like yours.” Jaebum kissed the top of his forehead, exactly on where he flicked his finger on earlier.

“I think you’re perfect the way you are.”

“But I need to lose some weight and calories too. And gain some stamina. I jogged a little to catch up with your pace when you dragged me, and I was already panting. I need to work out.” Youngjae pouted. Jaebum smirked.

“You know what, I’ve read something on the internet the other day. It says kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. Wanna work out now?”Jaebum kissed his nose and Youngjae oh-so-unmanly giggled.

“And I guess having burns more calories?”

Jaebum grinned. “Maybe. Which one do you prefer?”

“I don’t know. You choose.”

Jaebum let his hand travelled south of Youngjae’s body. “We can do both.”

“Sounds great.” Youngjae’s grin was caught on Jaebum’s lips. After a few minutes of sharing passionate kiss, Youngjae pulled away, earning a whine from Jaebum.

“Wait hyung, I’ve forgotten something. I have a Biology test tomorrow. And I haven’t finish studying.” Youngjae’s eyes were wide in horror.

“Well, this is Biology.” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“But hyung, fuse with ovum. will never fuse with another sper—“

“Oh, shush, babe. That’s not important right now. Now shut up and let me entertain you.”

“You mean, let you me?”

“Exactly.”

 

all of this.


...yeah, sorry.