First Meeting

Just A Friend


This is going to be our home from now on.

I stepped out of the car and felt a cold breeze hit my face. It's freezing.  I fasten up the zip on my jacket and took a look around me. A blanket of snow covers the street. Some people were busy shovel away the snow which blocked the footpath other just wanted to enter house as soon as possible. Just a few kids were to see since it was already late. But what really got my attention was a boy on the other side of the street. His back was facing me, he was standing with his legs wide apart . He was keeping his head down. I narrowed my eyes, hoped to get a better vision. What is he doing?

 

"LUHAN! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE REPEAT MYSELF THAT YOU SHOULD STOP WRITING YOUR NAME IN THE SNOW WITH YOUR PEE."


Well, now i know.

That's disgusting but somehow also cool. The woman scream caused the boy to jumped from his position. Not wasting a second he ran away for his dear life with the woman like a rocket behind him.  His new environment is a circus. How lovely.  "Looks like our neighbour is very lively. Especially that little boy." I turned around to faced my mother. She took out her gigantic big plushie which dad brought her on valetine's day long time ago out of the cartoon.

Kinda annoying in my opinion. I hummed as response. 

"Aish, don't be like that. He seemed to be such an adorable kid, you should became friends with him."

"You know i prefer someone quiet."


Let out a sigh, she leaned down and placed her hands on each side of my shoulder. Her  eyes full with affection. "I'm really sorry for seperating you and your friend i know that you really like her. I never meant to make you sad. This is a big change for both of us and it can be really scary but this is also a opportunity for us to be together from now on. As a whole family. You should know that he really loves you and this is a chance for him to prove it." 


"I know, mom." I gave her a little smile. The last thing i want to happen was seeing her unhappy. She ruffled my hair and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Now go and bring me the rest of the book from the carton. Dad will come back soon."

I nodded and made my way to the carton. What i didn't expect to see was a pair of doe eyes staring back at me. 

What the? The newly fallen snow landed on his black fluffy hair. The light of lamp which shined on him, practically made his face glow and his eyes sparkle. His nosetip were red from the coldness.  


He looks like an little ang-


 A sneeze escaped his mouth. He wiped the snot away with his sleeves.      

Nevermind my comparison. 

 
"LUHAN, COME HERE IMMEDIATELY!"

The screaming woman striked again before i could utter a words. The pee boy? He looked up at me with pleading eyes, hands rubbing together. His mouth formed the word help. Not sure why but i decided to help.  Putting my finger on my lips, i signaled him to be silent. He nodded and covered his mouth with his hands. She came in my direction and stopped right in front of the cartoon which was in the middle of us. She stared at me suspiciously but my face stayed unfazed. I rested my hands on the carton. After  a few minutes passed she decided to give up the stare contest and walked away. I sighed in relieve. To be honest she was really scary. Looking down i saw him sticking his thumb in the air. I rolled my eyes. 

Why i am helping him again? 

"Sehun, come in house, it's cold." My mother called out. Actually i could that. As if he could read my mind he sneaked out his hand and hold onto mine.  

I snatched my hand away and open the cartoon widely.

 

"Get out."

 

A sheepish grin on his face as he stand up from his sit position. I wanted to reach out my hand to help but somehow i decided against it. Instead of climbing out of the cardboard box he fumbled around in his pocket in search for something. He spread out his hand in front of me. 

"For you! Thanks for your help."

 

A lollipop?

 

"Do i look like a 4 years old to you?"

He shaked his head and a little pout appeared on his face. For an instant I felt guilty, realizing the harshness in my voice from before. But he didn't seem to much bother about it since that annoying, exciting expression was there again. "Oh, i see you are our new neighbor." He let out a whistle as he stared at my house.

"Know what? You should unpack me first and take me in!" He broke in big laughter and clutched his stomach. Tears formed in the corner of his eyes.


Nope, take it back. I don't feel any guiltiness. I my heels, not wanting to discuss further with this boy. But a little tug on my hood prevent me to make one more step. Who can that be?

"Don't you want to introduce yourself?"  I rolled my eyes. He can't be serious. "Oh Sehun. My name is Sehun."

I could heard him replaying my name quietly. A giggled followed after.
 


"Sehun ah....do you want to build a snowman?~"

 


Comment, Subscribe, Upvote are welcome!