Author's Thoughts

What Is...

  ...I feel pretty lame creating a chapter for this.

  Anyways, sorry about my description. It was pretty lame and I couldn't think of anything better at the moment. I had this plot in my mind a pretty long time ago, where I wanted to write an Irene-centric about her SM conflicts and stuff. I saw comments on Youtube talking about how Irene shouldn't have been the leader because she's too shy. That kind of drew me a little to her, I guess. And then three days ago, I suddenly had the feels to write it all out as a one-shot. And I wrote. For three laborious hours. I finished this at 2.30am in the morning and my hand was cramping up (did I already write this in the Foreword?)

  To clear off some things, Irene and Seulgi are best friends in this story. And Irene only ever liked one person romantically in this fic. She just felt very close to Seulgi due to being roommates and having the longest training periods. Irene does not like Krystal romantically either, and vice versa. Irene just thinks Krystal is very pretty and finds comfort in being with her because they both have introvert personalities. This fic is just an Irene-centric.

  Krystal did indeed like Kyungsoo of EXO for a brief period of time in this fic, but got her heart broken because her friend Jongin tells her that he is in love with Kyungsoo. Both Kyungsoo and Jongin have no idea that Krystal likes Kyungsoo and carry on living in their happy world. Like my best friend said, i ought to create a love triangle to make things more interesting. And I dunno, I think have something about Krystal actually liking Kyungsoo, but would never be able to be with him because he's gay and in love with Jongin. Plus it's not Kaistal for the first time.

  Krystal also gets to play the good guy and the wise man in this fic. I always thought she's smarter and wiser than she lets on. I actually considered cutting about half of Krystal's speech to Irene because I was wondering on whether it was relevant or not to this fic. But I just ended up typing everything. I even think her speech turned out to be more of a rant. Sorry about that.

  Basically in this fic, I'm trying to address the problem of introverts. I myself am one, although I dont seem anything like one when you've known me for a very long time (kinda like Jongin).

  I was trying to show the emotional burdens and pain Irene brings to herself before debut. She doesn't like talking to people, because it feels weird, awkward and strange. The only person she remotedly accepts is Seulgi, and Seulgi herself manages to see through pretty much of Irene, thus understanding her and knowing when to give her her personal space whenever she wants it.

  But as you can see, Irene keeps everything quiet and ends up crying out her pain and turmoil to herself in the dance room. Krystal herself is an introvert. She recognizes Irene as one, and although understands that it feels uncomfortable for Irene to spill her problems to someone she barely knows, she pushes Irene to do it because she knows Irene would feel a lot better once she does it. She tells Irene that some things cannot be changed, no matter how much she wants it, and to just live with it. In a discreet way, she was also warning Irene that people would gossip about her introvert nature because she would get simply misundestood.

  As a childhood ulzzang, Irene would probably have been approached first because of her face. Gradually, she would probably start closing up more (especially due to her introvert nature) and she'll naturally be worried that people would practically call her a bimbo, all looks and nothing else. Krystal assures her that people will never get to the bottom of things like how they're forever giving her an image that isn't her, and tells her to just ignore everything that isn't true, because people won't stop.

  I show that Jongin is also an introvert (although he was briefly mentioned), which shows that there are more introverts around that you think there are. Song Qian (I called her Victoria in the story for the sake of Irene, who would probably call her that. Normally I address her by her real name) herself in real life said that she's the type who doesn't like talking, but she could be like Sehun of EXO, the kind who doesn't like to talk. So I didn't exactly address her as an introvert.

  There are two kinds of people who don't seem to like talking. One is the introverted kind, who find speaking to new people difficult and awkward and strange. They don't find speaking comfortable, which is why they avoid talking. They are shy by nature. I would probably classify Jongin, Irene and Krystal in this. The other is where they just don't like talkingnot because their shyness is getting in the way. Sehun and Song Qian belong to this. I don't know Jessica well enough, but from people say, maybe the first group.

  I myself am an introvert by nature. When I go someplace new and I'm all by myself, I barely speak. If I can get away with it, I'd just nod or shake my head as responses. And my voice gets really soft and barely audible. It was my friends that opened me up a lot. I can be pretty loud and not at all shy, but only to people close to me. That's why I got drawn to Jongin and Krystal, because I could relate myself to them. I don't really like excessive loud noises, which is why the noisier members in a group kind of turn me off a little (sorry, Leeteuk, Tiffany, Key, Beagle Line (Jongdae slightly less).)

  So I tried to show that with the right friends, you'd be better. You open up more to them, find comfort in them, it'd be healthier. Krystal finds it with Jongin, her sister and F(x), because F(x) gets her and her sister and Jongin can relate to her. Irene finds it in Red Velvet and Krystal.

  Throughout the entire fic, I addressed Irene as Joohyun, her real name. I wanted to show that before debut, she was shy and meek little Joohyun, who kept things to herself and caused herself grief. But after debuting and learning how to trust and share with her members, she becomes Irene, her more confident persona.

  I usually call Red Velvet by their stage names because what can I say, I'm English oriented. But I addressed them all by their real names in this fic because it was from Irene's personal point of view.

  This has been really tiring, but worth it. To whoever reads this and knows any introverts around or has an introvert friend, please..I don't know...understand them? Help them whenever they seem to need it. I'm pretty awkward with stuff like this too. Um, I thank you for reading this story. And I don't know how to end this off on  a nice note, so uh bye?