Two of A Kind

Two of A Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO OF A KIND

Summary: Donghae kind of goes in to a little panic upon meeting his boyfriend’s mother for the first time.

Just a little bit of something short and dumb. Of course domestic as again because you all know I love that .

 

 

 

“You didn’t tell me your mother’s going to be here!”

“So? It’s just my mom? I told you she’s coming over one of these days.”

“Well a little warning would’ve been nice! I answered the door looking like Voldemort! With hair,” Donghae hisses and frowns as an afterthought hits him, “and nose,” he adds, eliciting a bark of laughter from Hyukjae on his phone’s screen.

“How come you feel the need to clean up for my mom and not for me?” There’s a pout on Hyukjae’s lips, a glint of mischief in his eyes visible even on the low quality video call that has Donghae rolling his eyes.

“We met for the first time while we’re consecutively throwing up in some bar’s nearby dumpster. No amount of cleaning up will make up for that kind of first impression.”

Hyukjae chuckles yet again, turning a little sideways as if he has lean on something, familiar cupboards of his office’s pantry visible in the background.

“You look fine. What are you fretting about even, my mom had seen me when I was going through my emo teenage phase, with the long fringe and one eye covered catastrophe that is, bleh,” Donghae snickers at the disgusted face Hyukjae just made, memories of how much he had laugh when he accidentally stumbled upon Hyukjae’s high school mini homepage a few months ago fill his mind.  He bites his bottom lip and shakes his head.

“You know it’s different. You’re her child. She’s still think you’re the most gorgeous person ever even if you look like a troll. Which you don’t,” Donghae utters and when Hyukjae grins he adds, “Only in some mornings.” He chuckles and sticks his tongue out when Hyukjae scoffs.

“Where is my mom even?” he asks and Donghae shudders, nervousness sipping back.

“Went out to buy some groceries since she wanted to cook dinner for us, I insisted for her not to until I remembered we don’t have anything here for dinner either. I also offered going with her but she said I must had a long day at work I should rest a bit first. I know that’s the kind way of saying I obviously look like !” Donghae whines, burying himself further on their couch, secretly wishing it would swallow him alive. Hyukjae chuckles on his screen.

“I’m pretty sure she didn’t mean it like that, babe.”

“Doesn’t change the fact that I still look like ,” Donghae pouts and stomps a foot. “I look horrible. I haven’t even washed my hair earlier.” He’s kind of fishing for compliments now, seriously he’s being childish, but Hyukjae kind of put him in this situation and he just wants to be pampered a bit as a consolation okay.

His boyfriend isn’t game to divulge him with what he wants though.

“Wait, when you said you look like Voldemort with hair-,”

“And nose.”

“Yeah, and with nose,” Hyukjae frowns as if he’s marvelling over something and Donghae up an eyebrow, “Does that mean you’re saying you look like Ralph Fiennes?”

“I didn’t say that!”

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter