You smell like home

Bits and Pieces

Auguest 2019

WANG: just landed. I’d get home in about an hour.

HEO: okay ^^ call me before you go to sleep. Again sorry I can’t meet you up later :(

HEO: I will make it up for you next time ;)

WANG: it’s okay.

She could almost hear the disappointment in his message, she smiled even wider.

You see Jackson hated surprises, YoungJi lived for them.

She threw her phone away and continued flipping through the channel, not really interested. She debated leaving the lights on or not, but it was not a surprise if the lights on, She thought.

She heard keys turning, and the door swinging open. It was really hard for her not to run for the door and flung herself at him, hugging him tightly, and the only thing that kept her in control was the face he was making right now. He the lights and dropped his luggage in surprise.

“SURPRISE!” she shouted not really caring if it was past midnight. She sat crossed legged on his couch, wearing one of his over sized t-shirts and the smallest Calvin Klein briefs she could find in his bedroom.

Although he looked super tired, his whole face lit up the moment he saw her. He grinned at her widely. They had not seen each other in almost 2 months; he was on tour with JYP Nation and she was equally as busy filming a drama and promoting for KARA’s latest single. It was an understatement to say she missed him like crazy.

His smile grew even broader when he eyed her from head to toe, walking up to her slowly. She felt herself blush a little under his gaze, and the jerk smirked at that.

“I never thought I’d say this, but you look even hotter than Mark in that shirt.” He teased while slowly leaning in for a kiss.

If it was a game of tease, then the both of them were excellent players. She narrowed her eyes at him, leaning away from him just as slowly. She felt her head rest against the couch’s arm set, and she almost rolled her eyes.

“Gotcha.” He said in English.

They looked at each other intensely; she could feel herself getting hotter and wondered if he felt unnaturally hot too. They didn’t move a muscle, and YoungJi wanted to play too, and win, a game of who could give in first.

In normal situations, it was (almost) always Jackson who was the weakest, and she was (almost) always the one that pulled apart in public. But 2 months were the longest they had gone without seeing each other and damn it tonight they were not in public but safe in his apartment, and god how handsome he looked in that moment.

“Screw it.” She muttered pulling him by the neck and kissing him roughly. She could feel him smirking.

Moments later, she pulled apart to breath and Jackson almost instantly went in for her neck. Although the feeling was great, it took her a lot of self control to utter two short words.

“FanSighing. Tomorrow.” She said weakly, between sighs and moans.

“Sorry.” He immediately pulled away, looking sheepishly down at her.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize.” She gave him a sweet peck on the lips and almost immediately the awkwardness evaporated.

He lay on top of her, hugging her waist and resting his head on her stomach. “The next time we have a date, please borrow one of my shirts, you look gorgeous tonight.” She laughed at the compliment because really, she was not wearing make-up, her hair was pulled up in a messy ponytail, and the attire he so much admired actually hid almost 70% of her body. Only Wang Jackson would say that.

He groaned and she could feel his whole body relax when she started playing with his hair and messaging his scalp.

“Tired?” she asked after a moment.

“Almost always.”

“Hungry?”

“Always.”

“Go take a shower then, because you smell like concerts and airports. I’ll make something good for dinner.”

“no.” he said stubbornly. “You’re warm and soft and I’m good like this.”

She decided to give him a few minutes, because he was tired and since she was an idol too, she knew exactly what tiredness felt like, especially to someone as busy as Jackson.

She heard his breathing grew steady so she peered at his face. The idiot fell asleep on top of her. “Wang Jackson.” She yelled in frustration. “You’re sleeping.”

“Am not.” He replied eyes still closed.

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“ARE TOO.”

“AM NOT.”

“ Wang KaYee.” she said quietly. evidently threatening.

It was not that she was the dominant one in their relationship, (as much as she wanted to be), but it was the fact that Jackson Wang knew better than to mess with her when she used his full Chinese name.

He looked up at her and pouted. “You are mean, Heo YoungJi.”

“It’s one of my charming points.” She rolled her eyes. He would thank her tomorrow when he wakes up refreshed and full and happy.

"just don't burn my house down, i intend to keep it for the next 4 or so years."

She stuck out her tongue childishly went to the kitchen. He did the same and went to his bedroom.

20 minutes later, two well muscular arms wraped themselves around her waist. Now an awake Jackson rested his chin on her shoulder, peering at the food she was trying to cook.

She turned slightly to check him out. He was in nothing but sweatpants and a small towel draped on his shoulders, because the idiot didn’t even bother to dry his hair. But this idiot looked mighty good looking just like that.

“It smells disgusting.” He said.

“You look disgusting.” She fired back. He chuckled and went to set up the table.

They worked in silence after that for a few minutes before she murmured. “you don’t look disgusting."

‘’it doesn’t smell disgusting either’’ he smile at her.

‘’actually it smells like home.’’ He pressed the issue further. ‘’like my home home.’’

‘’okay, I may have called your mom and I may have asked her for your favourite Chinese dish.’’ She said finally looking at him.

‘’That’s it, BamBam is getting a divorce. I’m marring you instead.’’ He replied seriously.

He walked over to her and hugged her tightly, putting his chin on top of her head. She hugged him just as tight.

When he pulled apart, she kept her hands linked at his waist, studying him, not wanting to let him go just yet. “Someone’s cuddly tonight.”

“Someone’s full of surprises tonight.” He said kissing the tip of her nose.

“there is still one final surprise.” She leaned close to whisper the next in his ear. “But that will happen in your bedroom.”

He his lips instinctively and swallowed. She smiled even wider.