memory - yugbam

drabble trashcan

it was an eccentric method of revising, oh yugyeom was well aware. but he was already a pathetically infatuated 17 year old, plus according to his psychology book, enduring memories are created through the process of elaboration. and he was just elaborating that anything his leader would tell him to do is only stored in his short-term memory for a short duration. which explains why he’s always getting scolded. but hey, he’s just trying to make up for the aegyo he can’t do in cheekiness like a true maknae.

“sà-wàt-dee gyeomie” petersonx2 might’ve found that participants in their study in 1959 that participants remembered about 90% when there was only a 3-second interval without rehearsal but yugyeom knew he’d use his multi-store model to carve anything related to kunpimook.

“mookie, help me revise jebal!” because really, how can yugyeom use his environmental stimuli to use his eyes, nose, lips and the rest of his senses to commit the way he felt because kunpimook would sacrifice his time with the much cooler hyung line. yugyeom pays attention to all these things. due to constant maintenance rehearsal, to move kunpimook’s actions from his short term memory to the place he seems to rule, his long term memory. at least, that’s how simple the multi-store model seemed to be for atkinson and shriffin in the 1960s.

“yah, hyung to you!” kunpimook always reprimands him but eventually gives up to the younger, typical. “what do you want help with? aish, why can’t everyone just have the same skills as i do and remember things effortlessly?”