Maybe

Maybe I'll Be Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Maybe...

 

"Tae how do I look?"

 

"Roses are red. Violets are blue. Tiffany is pink. Taeyeon has no clue"

 

I tossed my phone to the side against the pillow when I failed yet again to beat my Candy Crush score and threw myself into the bed while Yuri and Tiffany is bickering about some uninteresting issues. Rolling to my side, I pulled a pillow to my chest and watches as Tiffany change into another dress.

 

"Fany-ah. How much longer until you decide?" I said, my eyes narrowed at how short this particular dress fits on her.

 

"Done. I think this is the one! Do you like it?"

 

"It's... Alright"

 

I guess I like it. Despite how revealing it is on her, she still looks great in it. I rolled off my back and onto my feet and I make my way over to her. Standing behind her and admiring her reflection through the full body mirror, I gave her one last assessment before zipping the back of the dress for her. She smiled her infamous eye smile that summoned a small smile of my own.

 

"Hey watch where you're looking!"

 

Jessica stepped into the room and threw her coat in Yuri's face. Yuri laughed and opened her arms, sending an invitation for her girlfriend to come to her. She was quickly met with disappointment when Jessica scoffed and her heels, leaving the room. Without a second of delay, Yuri was on her feet and was after Jessica.

 

"Why are those two always like that?" Tiffany mumbled to herself. I didn't know them well enough to know that they always fight like that. They were Tiffany's friends afterall.

 

Today we are going on a blind couple date with Yuri's and Jessica's friends from work. I've been against the idea since the Dawn of Time. Amongst all the things that I found troublesome, blind dates is on the top of the list. However, after months of being pestered by Tiffany. I finally agreed with the condition that she will never bring it up again if I didn't like it.

 

 

I will not like it.

 

"Tae it won't be that bad. Lets just trust Yuri and Jessica on this for once?"

 

"Sure" I replied unenthusiastically while maintaining my focus on the road. She chuckled and leaned over to my side, landing a quick kiss on my cheek.

 

"It's going to be fun!”

 

XXX

 

This is not a human.

 

I gaped at the mysterious creature sitting beside me in this cramped and rowdy breakfast joint. While she makes small conversations with me, is constantly in a state of chewing and decomposing the unimaginable amount of food that she puts into it.

 

"You see. I don't eat a lot. That's why I'm really skinny despite being so tall!"

 

She laughs and cut another piece of pancake to put into . I looked around the table and found everyone else busy making small conversations amongst themselves. This can't be. I can't be the only one who took notice of how strange and fascinating this alien is. Despite her swift and elegant motions, if one pays the slightest amount of attention, anyone could tell that she was consuming at an abnormal rate. Is there a hidden black hole inside her stomach?

 

"So uh. I heard you are a game developer?"

 

 

I nodded and looked at her already empty plate.

 

"That's really cool! Well I work with Jessica in the fashion industry. Although I'm not as famous of a model as her. I do take pride in my work" She let out a small burp and quickly tries to replace it with a fake hiccup.

 

My head snapped away from this interesting alien and I looked up to Tiffany when I felt a sharp and jolting pain on my foot. She smiles charmingly and her eyes darted to the restroom. I nodded and excused myself from the table to go with her.

 

"My date is a ert. She kept laughing randomly and falling over into me with her hand landing on my thigh. And she's shorter than me..." Tiffany sighed and reapplied her lipstick.

 

"My date has been starving for years. Either that or she's an alien that's sending food back to her home planet using the black hole in her stomach. And she's a giant." I chuckled and quickly wiped away the smeared lipstick mark on her lower lip with my thumb.

 

"Thanks Boo. I still look good?" She beamed, her eyes arched playfully at me.

 

"You're always gorgeous."

 

Her eyes disappeared completely from my compliment and her cheeks formed pink blushes. I absolutely adore Tiffany whenever she smiles in such a way.

 

We returned to our table together and Tiffany's partner was eager to welcome her back. I didn't like how her eyes roamed up and down while she her lips and stares at Tiffany. I looked over to my partner and found that she had started on deserts. Deserts. For breakfast. I'm not too sure if she came to have a date with me or the food here.

 

"So Sunny here works with me in the veterinarian clinic. You should bring Ginger and Prince over sometimes." I nodded my head politely at Yuri's comment with no intention of doing so.

 

"Sooyoung how is the red velvet cake?" Jessica asked with a sharp tone and bared her teeth.

 

"Oh it's wonderful! I think I will order a whole cake to take home!" My partner exclaimed and stares at the empty plate longingly.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and smiled apologetically at me. She probably knew I noticed her friend's eating habit.

 

Breakfast is finally over and I couldn't wait any longer to be out of here. I reluctantly exchanged numbers with Sooyoung and I could tell Tiffany was the same with Sunny. Needless to say, I will not be replying to this number.

 

XXX

 

"Yeobo!" (Korean for honey/dear. Usually use for newly wedded couples)

 

"Huh?" I looked up from my phone and found Tiffany standing at the edge of the bed with her arms across her chest. I also noticed the new nicknames that she has been giving me. Is this a new hobby of her?

 

"You're taking up the whole bed"

 

"Oh sorry." I laughed and rolled over to the other side of our king sized mattress.

 

She hopped into bed and snuggled against my stomach under the sheets while I resumes to my games on the phone. I needed a distraction.

 

"That was a terrible date this morning." She said and I felt her warm breath tickled my stomach when she yawned.

 

"Agreed." I set an alarm for tomorrow at 8:00am and tucked it under my pillow before I turned the nightstand lights out.

 

"In glad we went out to shop afterward."

 

"Disagree."

 

"Yah!" She head butted my stomach and I laughed. What can I say. I hate shopping.

 

"Thanks for going with me anyway." She nudges out from underneath the blankets and kissed my cheek. Our eyes lingered on each other for a second too long and she smiled, concealing the secret thoughts behind her eyes miles in this fleeting moment.

 

"Goodnight Boo."

 

"I like the nicknames you're giving me."

 

"I know."

 

"Goodnight my jipsaram." (wife)

 

"Omo. Since when did I agreed to be for wife?" Her husky laughed is contagious. Soon we were both laughing at our silliness and found ourselves in each other's embrace as we fall asleep.

 

Friends do this all the time right? Giving each other nicknames, living together, sharing everything together, going on dates together, and cuddling?

 

Especially really good friends?

 

Right.

 

XXX

 

"Tae."

 

"TaeTae wake up."

 

"Boo wake up!"

 

I groaned and put my hand over her lips. She chuckled and kisses my palm playfully. This girl. She knows how to get her ways with me.

 

"What now. What time is it?"

 

"It's 3:00am. I can't sleep..."

 

"I can sleep."

 

"But I need company." She began to whine and tickles my sides, disturbing my yawns.

 

"Company?" I said groggily and opened my eyes. She smiled guiltily and my bangs aside.

 

"I need a midnight snack."

 

"There's plenty in the fridge."

 

"But there's no ice cream!" I chuckled at her cute pout. Wait. Did she just said ice cream?

 

"Ok let's go. I'll drive." I shot out of bed and pulled her up with me. Ice cream at 3:00am sounds pretty good.

 

XXX

 

"Two scoop of strawberry and one scoop of vanilla please."

 

"For two different cones?"

 

I thought about it and turned my head to see Tiffany sitting idly in the waiting area playing with her phone.

 

"No. Same cone please. Can you please put the vanilla flavor in the middle?"

 

"Sure thing honey!"

 

I handed the server a ten dollars bill and took the large ice cream cone excitedly. I grabbed two extra spoons and some napkins before returning to Tiffany.

 

"Here hold this for me really quick." I said and handed her the ice cream cone then quickly rushed to open the door, chiming the little bells that hung above the doorway.

 

"We're not eating it here?"

 

"Nah. I have a better place in mind."

 

"Are you taking me out on a date Kim Taeyeon-ssi?"

 

I looked at her and she smiled sheepishly. I needed to remi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter