Ownership

Ownership

Cold crisp air brushed it's calm melody by the Pine Ridge cemetery, the shadowed leaves of mid aged trees completed their enchanted scenery. Most of the surface was flat of fluffy grass and layered from stone to stone; different names and dates imprinted upon them, which included not many images of the loved ones. The gentle, muggy breeze drifted the fragile leaves to be casted away bringing it to the right top which led a hill, a tree, and a tombstone. Beneath the tall tree was a young university student, their lap was piled with letters they've collected through time. They lowered their head, their faded red strands following the wind as their expression displayed rather howl and empty emotions. It has been exactly an hour since the student placed themselves beside their father's buried body, this has become a daily routine for them to return to the grave rather than home after school.

The person motioned their hand underneath one half of the book which carried the letters and allowed it to plop on top of the half other. The slight breeze that came from it blew away a white filled envelope. They turned their attention on the sheet and reached an arm to retrieve the run away. The thin paper slipped between their index and middle finger as they turned them both to face the front printing towards them. The writing was written in the English-language that tattooed their address and name, Mark.

The Taiwanese male reopened the ripped top layer of the envelope and dragged the folded piece of paper along with his pinched finger tips. Mark folded his fingers through the sheet till it sprung open and he began reading again insuring his mind wasn't clouded from the previous times he's read it.

 

Dear ________,

As you know, you are your father's first son, his passing was a great tragedy indeed. In his will he ordered for either you or his best friend to take over the business he held in Korea. You should also be aware that your younger brother cannot uptake this position, he is unknown to the Korean language and his age is rather inappropriate. Starting from April 20th, you are to become the new founder of Cryel Cafe on the local streets of Seoul. Please be informed your information was a huge difficult search, once your father pasted away, the Tuans were not heard from again. You must thank your brother for his courage to confront us. Please be at the L.A air center by 2:00 pm tomorrow. We look forward for your business. Thank you

- You Know Who

 

The red head tangled his fingers with the single place ticket which was included with the letter. He lowered his focus from the piece of paper, his neck turned it's direction towards the tombstone which led to his side. The twenty two year old softened his eyes, he sat in peace as the calming breeze eased him to dream land.

 

 

~*~


Returning to present timing, the male in his early twenties has recently returned the Thai waiter home for various of reasons he’s made up: “had nothing to do”, “no work tomorrow or ever”, “the fencing team thinks he’s that good that they need to practice with people their own level” stuff like that. Step by step Jackson journeyed his way back to his apartment, his hands becoming utterly warm from being tucked beneath his hoodie’s front pocket. Seconds ticked away, by the fifth timer realization hit him like a ton of bricks; he forgot his favorite DC snapback on the previous coffee table he shared with the employee. His feet paused from reaching for another step, and a snap from his fingers swung before his chest, his brows begun narrowing and his mouth cocked to the side.

“Damn it! No wonder it felt so cold up there,” he hissed loudly, the fencer knew there was no reason for him to be standing around; knowing Jinyoung, he’d probably nag the out of him for not being responsible. The foreigner blessed the night he stayed the extra ten minutes to spy on the boss (don’t ask why), now he knew where the Korean hid the spare key.

The male wore a big goofy grin on his face, his pride was showing undoubtedly that night. As he changed his direction at the intersection, his neck flinched to the side, it was then the pair of lips uncurled it’s smile. A shadowed figure was standing before the front entrance of Cryel, a figure he’s never since before in his entire life, or so he thought. Jackson huffed, he hid silently behind the wall as he examined the person scanning the small building. “Who is this guy?” He self asked himself, his voice no lower than a whisper. The Chinese male extended his sweet time, he was quite entertained by what the they were doing. The person seemed to have noticed the golden door knob when he reached down and wrapped their manly fingers around it. From a simple act, the Hong Kong native became alarmed as his wild mind exaggerated what was going on.

He quickly pounced into action without thought, running towards the taller figure then jumping into a front flip using the back of his heel to kick the back of the figure’s head. The innocent victim became unnaturally dizzy, their head was thrown forcefully downwards as their arms automatically sprung apart. A loud “oof” followed when Jackson landed on his knee and foot, then picked himself up to knock down the male onto his bottom. The figure tumbled, their balance was roughly taken as they used the bottom of their palm to support their temple…. Not until of course, Jackson jumped and sat on their chest, their wrists being pinned onto the dirty ground.

“AHHHHHHH!” Yelled Jackson,

“AHHHHHH!” Yelled the other, only this time in fear

“AHA! YOU PIECE OF , I CAUGHT YOU!”

That’s rude.

“C-Caught- Let me go!” They yelled back in Korean, their voice seemed to be lagging a small American accent. The younger male held both wrist with one hand, the hand other lifted in front of the defenseless one’s face and shook a finger. “Nah-ah, what do you think you’re doing at my friend’s café? I saw you try to break in like a sneaky bastard you thought you were,” he told, staring back into the similar chest-brown orbs. The male sighed from the few seconds he’s been experiencing, he mentally noted that this guy who was on top of him was quite the stubborn one; they reminded them of a buddy in his childhood. The figure kept total gaze at the other, his foot was secretly reaching for the broke pipe pole on the ground. Jackson squinted his eyes at the other, now what? He’s seen stuff like this in movies, but they never seemed to continue from there unless there was an agreement or a fight, he leaned towards the fight.

“Let me ask you one thing,” he informed, his voice becoming evolving into serious standards. “Who. Are. You?” He questioned in the English language, pausing at every word. The male didn’t respond, he stayed quiet, either that stuttered to kill time before his hands were in reach the pole. The foreigner sighed, he took the boy’s snapback from his head in hopes it would be a great hostage.

 “I’ll take this if you don’t tell me, I will, trust me.”

The male rolled his eyes at the foolish threat as he continued to watch the male hold capture of his hat. It gave him moments to fully read the younger one’s facial features, they seemed very similar to someone he once knew, even his personality reflected off the trouble marker he called “his best friend” in grade one. The sudden memory poured upon him like a bucket of water, it wasn’t the first time he’s been pinned and his snapback was taken.

“J-Jackson?” He muttered loud enough for the fencer to hear, his eyes wider than before. Jackson narrowed his brows, he used the tongue of the snapback to poke at the older male’s nose. “How do you know who I am? Who are you?” He exclaimed in question.

“I-It’s me, Mark Tuan? Don’t you remember me?” He reminded. The twenty one year old widened his eyes, he then squinted them more as he began scanning the male’s facial features carefully. “Don’t fool me, Mark and I separated as kids a long time ago due to-“

“-school transfer, you transferred to a school in Hong Kong for the fencing program, I moved from Taiwan and went to L.A, remember?”

Jackson widened his eyes, he felt his heart drop from the small reminder. The grip around the older male’s face loosened as his body leaned his weight lower toward the red head. “No way…. MARK!” Nearly screaming from the top of his lungs, he squeezed the heck out of his best buddy as he trembled from the desire to cry. The Taiwanese male chuckled and hugged back his beloved friend, it was quite nice to reunion with an old friend. It didn’t bother either of them that they were both hugging each other, or that they were on the ground, or if Jackson was laying on him, it felt like a miracle.

Moments after the long scene, the two found themselves back on their feet and leaning against the windows of the Cryel café. Mark had his hands in his sweater pocket as he gazed upwards into the stars with the semi-permanent grin on his face; now that his childhood friend was able to obtain curse words, he was in for ten times more of Jackson he had as a kid. Jackson sighed, chuckles continuously escaped both their lips. It wasn’t long until the fencer fired his original question to him, “so what brings you here? Why are you here so late? In Seoul?!”

Mark reached  into his back pocket, he pulled out the white envelope that gave the reason for his appearance. The Hong Kong native pointed at himself when his eyes looked at Mark after glancing at the letter. “Do mind if I do,” he said with a goofy sneer on his face. The male unraveled the folded sheet between his finger tips, his eyes were captivated by the English writing when his smile gradually turned upside down. “I-I heard about what happened with Papa Tuan, I didn’t think it was real… I’m so sorry man,” he said, looking back at the taller male. The red head sighed, his hand took back the letter as he placed the paper back in it’s place.

“Thanks man”

“But hey,” the other said brightly, “you get to own this place now, it’s your place!!!!!” The older twenty year old snickered at the younger male’s excitement in his voice, his head turned to look at the male standing beside him. “Yeah, I guess so,”

“Oh come on, sound more excited about it. It’s about time Umma retires from his job, geez his nagging is killing me,” Jackson sighed, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand. The sudden “nickname” caught the Taiwanese male off guard, he almost immediately snapped his neck to turn to the other in questioning. “Umma? Who’s that?” He asked, a brow narrowing to the side a slight.

“His real name is Park Jinyoung, he’s the current owner, I’m sure you’ll meet him tomorrow morning anyway.” - Jackson

“Ah okay okay, thanks for the heads up,” -Mark

“No problem, now we need to think of a new name for the café,” - Jackson

“Please Jackson,” - Mark

“How’s about- how’s about Jackson Wang? OR or! The Wang master,” - Jackson

“Those names sound as stupid as how you look right now,” - Mark

“Psh please my face gives people the wild and y vibe,” - Jackson

“You haven’t changed have you?” – Mark

“Oh I got it! Let’s rename it…… Markson, it’s perfect no? People called us that back then remember?” – Jackson

“You can’t be ing serious,” – Mark 

"Hey, Markson is high class," - Jackson

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Mini Scenrio:

Jinyoung: Or Markjin, I'm just saying *pouts*

Mark: Give it some time baby, 

Jinyoung; Okay, bye bye we'll see you in the next chapter~! We might just meet this time, say bye hunny

Mark: Bye!