Chapter 1

Nerd VS Idol

3rd person’s P.O.V

“ Jieun, may I speak to you in private?” An upperclassman asked Jieun with flushed cheeks as if he ran a marathon. Myungsoo, who was sitting beside Jieun, looked over. It was Lee Howon – one of the kindest guys in school. He has approached her a couple of times, talking to her with a wide smile on his face which Myungsoo hates so much he could cut open his heart to make the pain go away.

“ Sure.” She smiled at him. Myungsoo looked away. He knew there could be a possible chance of her accepting. He’s athletic, has good grades, a great cook, a gentleman and he’s hot(in a girl’s opinion, of course). Myungsoo is good at all those except for cooking and a bit of his looks but as Myungjun he could beat that upperclassman hands down.

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

What if she really accepts? Do I even stand a chance as myself right now? Of course, Myungjun can beat him in every category. Hm… Kim Myungjun. What if I introduce her to my handsome counterpart? That way, she’ll fall for me. Then again, lying to her isn’t such a wise idea. She could hate me for all eternity. But… there’s a chance she would forgive me like the angel she is. Let me ask myself. Do I want to risk my career just so I can make a girl - not just any girl – fall in love with me?

Just as I was about to answer, Jieun plopped down in her seat, startling me. She sighed.

“ What’s wrong?” I immediately asked her. She sighed once again before answering, “ I was confessed to again.”

Of course.

“ What did you say?” I wasted no time to ask her.

“ Of course I said no.” she said, which made me relieved. She then laid her head on her desk. “ I really don’t like to say no. Is there a way to… let them off easily?”

“ Don’t you mean how you can get them to not confess to you?” I corrected.

She sat up. “ Exactly.” She snapped her fingers. “ I need to figure out a way for them to back off. I’m flattered by all the confessions but it’s getting kind of annoying.”

“ Maybe you should get a boyfriend.” I suggested. She didn’t look so fond of the idea. She narrowed her eyes at me.

“ A boyfriend? No offense but do you know how hard it is to find a decent guy in this generation?” She said. Offense taken – I’m one of the most decent guys I know.

“ Those really kind guys are way out of my league. Like Howon.” She said, giving up all hope.”

Let me ask myself again. Do I want to risk introducing Myungjun to Jieun?

Yes. Yes, I do.

Wait a minute. Introducing her to a celebrity won’t do her any good if she can’t tell anyone about it. What am I going do now? I guess I’ll have to abort this mission.

“ I’m sure the guys will get a clue at what you’re trying to say. For the next guy that confesses, tell him you’re over it. Tell him to tell his friends that you don’t want to date anyone. Let the word spread, you know?” I told her.

“ That could work! They don’t call you a genius for nothing! Thanks.” She said with her beautiful smile. Man, I am so in love with her. Just being by her side is enough for me.

After turning to the front, she narrowed her eyes. “ Won’t it make me seem… I don’t know… stuck-up?  When I say it’s over, it’s like I’m indirectly telling them I’m tired of dating which might spread false rumors about me. I don’t want to risk my position as vice president. You know very well how much I love being vice president. Although it’s a pain in the sometimes.”

“ Yeah.” I rested on my chin. “ I really like having you around. Maybe you could ask someone to spread a rumor for you. That way everyone will know you’re not up for grabs.”

She paused for a moment to think. A second later, she widened her eyes. “ Why not we take this to the next level?”

“ Next level? What are you talking about?” I asked her, my eyebrow raised.

“ What’s a better way to make everyone one know that I’m out of the game?”
I finally knew what she was talking about. “ No. I disagree.”
“ Oh, come on! If  we just say it near her, she’ll get the idea. She doesn’t mess with rumors and writes what’s true.”
I sighed. What she said was right. “ Fine. To be honest, there’s no reason for the plan to go wrong.”

“ Okay! Operation Game Out is in commence!”

“ Hey Jieun. I heard another guy confessed to you.” I said loud enough for our school news reporter, Miyoung, to hear.

“ Yeah. It’s the 6th guy this week. I don’t think I can handle it anymore.” Jieun said in a monotone voice. Miyoung turned her head a bit in our direction. She leaned against the wall, pulled out earphones and stuffed them in her ears. She took out her phone and started typing things. That’s her way of finding the next big thing. She pretends she’s listening to music but it’s a cover up.

“ Why don’t you tell them to stop? Tell them you’re not looking for a boyfriend. Simple.”
“ I tried but it doesn’t work. I just wish I could get the word out there.”
“ We’ll figure it out somehow. Come on. Let’s go back to class.”

We walked away and hid ourselves in the corner.

“ You do not possess a talent for acting whatsoever.” I told Jieun. I love her, but she definitely cannot act.

“ Oh shut up. Let’s just hope it works.” She said. Miyoung took off her earphones and grinned. She pushed herself off the wall and nodded in satisfaction as she walked away.

“ Looks like she fell for it!” Jieun exclaimed and gave me a fist bump. “ Thanks for your help!”

“ Woah woah woah. We haven’t seen next week’s paper yet. You will thank me when it gets published.” I said and she nodded frantically.

4 days later… 

BREAKING NEWS: Our angelic vice president does not want a boyfriend!

“ We did it!” Jieun shouted.

“ Hey! Not so loud. You don’t want people to find out we planned this.”
“ I don’t really mind since it’s true. And as you said, thanks for your help! I couldn’t have done it without you!” she said and hugged me. I hesitated to put my arms around her. She let go and grinned at me like an idiot(not that she is one).

Everything turned out perfectly. Guys weren’t going to confess anymore so I get her all to myself. Things were going out great. At least that’s what I thought.