Time's Forever Frozen, Still

Photograph

DARA’s

“Chaerin..”

The hot warm air, the children laughing in the park, the stillness of the water in the pond and the movements of the leaves caused by the whispers of the wind, it’s nothing but a complete display of a beautiful creation; it’s the perfect spring where anyone can feel the contentment and happiness with just the company of nature,

well everyone actually, everyone…

 except Dara.

 

She held a photo of her and Chaerin on their last honeymoon in Tagaytay. Chaerin is in L.A. now and is busy with her work.

Loving can hurt

Loving can hurt sometimes

 

“but it’s the only thing that I know..” she said as she put the photo close to her heart. She misses Chaerin so much. So damn much that she always find it difficult to sleep at night, even with Tam-Tam beside.

 

When it gets hard,

You know it can get hard sometimes

It’s the only thing that makes us feel alive

 

It’s hard, but she has to stay strong. She thought of the time they were happily enjoying the paradise of their honeymoon. It makes her feel alive inside. It hurts not to be with her. But all those hurts are nothing compared to the happiness and the light feeling inside whenever she visualize those heart-warming smiles that Chaerin always throws to her, to her and her alone.

 

We keep this love in a photograph

We made this memory for our selves

Where our hearts are never closing

Our hearts were never broken

And time’s forever frozen, still

 

“you said ‘there are no photographer like your girlfriend’..” she paused and smiled as she remembered Chaerin’s  IG.

 

“you always make me take photos of you, of us, cause you always believe that we can never have it back..

All those precious moments I spent with you.. All those memorable laughters we made together, it’s frozen in photographs my love, caused you’d always want it to. You always want it to be eternal..I miss you so much love.. I wish I could take photo of you now when you wake up..”

 

 

 

CHAERIN’s

 

She still has a lot to do in the studio that’s why she hasn’t slept yet or even called Dara yet. She barely has the time to check her phone and make updates for her fans. She took a 1-minute-break to drink water and check the time. The wallpaper of her phone is her and Dara when they were relaxing in the pool after the celebration and all the travels and concerts. She misses her.. She stared at the photograph a little longer.

 

So you can keep me inside the pocket of my ripped jeans

Holding me close until our eyes meet

You won’t ever be alone,

WAIT FOR ME TO COME HOME

 

“I’ll be home Ssantokki..just few more days and I’ll be home..” She smiled, told her companies that she needs more break-time and called her unnie.

 

 

DARA’s

 

Loving can heal

Loving can mend your soul

 

“When am I going to see her again?” she continued murmuring to the air, praying that Chaerin could hear her. Her phone rang.

 

And it is the only thing that I know

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Chaerin!”

I swear that it will get easier,

Remember that with every piece of you

 

“I miss you unnie..what are you doing now?”

 

“I’m in the park, it’s my day off. I thought you’re sleeping already CL-roo? It’s 3 am there, right? Are you taking care of yourself?” Dara said with so much concern and agititation in her voice.

 

“I’m fine unnie. I have a lot of things to do. I’m a bit tired, that’s all. But all of it is gone now, now that I heard you.”

 

“It’s still not good to hear that you are not sleeping. I wish I could be there to somehow control your workaholic nature. I’ll wait for you patiently when you record..And after that we’ll eat together and go home and sleep and......

I just miss you..I miss you so much, that it hurts not to be there with you, to not take care of you..”

 

And if you hurt me

That’s okay baby, there’ll be worse things

Inside these pages, you just hold me

And I will never let you go

 

“I miss you too unnie..I badly want to spend just a day with you in our home. But it’s okay baby. Just few more days and I’ll be home. I’ll be able to hold you then unnie. To touch you, hug you and never let you go….There’ll be more challenges to come in our life and I want you to be strong, for me, for both of us..” Chaerin closed her eyes and tried to feel Dara near her. Her arms are aching to hug her and sleep beside her.

 

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

 

“I know. I’m waiting.” Dara said sadly.

 

You can keep me

Inside the necklace you bought when you were sixteen

Next to your heartbeat where I should be

Keep it deep within your soul

“I love you. And thank you. I know how hard this is for you, but remember? We had a deal unnie. You will only let me work here if I’ll let you do dramas. I’m sorry if we still have to keep that for now.” Chaerin smiled.

 

“Yah! I almost forgot. You really know how badly I wanted to do dramas”

 

“And you know how badly I want to enter the U.S. market and rule the world..”

 

“So I guess then, I just have to work hard so I won’t miss you so much. So much that it will kill me if I can’t get to see you soon.”

 

“I’ll be home soon unnie.. I’ll be home..”

 

“I love you so much Chae. Take care always baby.”

 

“I love and miss you so much too babe. You take care too. I don’t want you to stress yourself much. You might not carry our baby well someday when you get pregnant.

 

I will go to work now. Goodbye love” She heard Dara laugh.

 

“Goodbye love.” Dara smiled as she put her phone down. She’s now contented and happy to hear her voice and feel her love across the distance.

 

Happy after talking to one another, they were then both reminded of their dreams that they both respect and support. They may be away from each other now, but they know deep in their hearts that they will meet again and at the right time they will finally settle down and live happily.

 

Their love will conquer the difference, the distance and the time. It is not just an ordinary love; it is a very mature and deep love, the love so great that they always keep in every photograph. 

 

When I’m away I will remember how you kissed me

Under the lamppost back on sixth street

Hearing you whisper through the phone

Wait for me to come home