Final

Food Is Love

“Taeyeon-ah! Yuri-ah! Hurry! We’re going to be late again and I am not going to be the loser that drags the two weirdoes to their own class.”

“You only worry about yourself. Yul and I haven’t had any rest ‘cus we’ve been rushing between shifts at the café to cover for your and you still complain? Have you no shame, woman?” Taeyeon smacked your back real hard when she and Yuri caught up to you.

“Actually, I’m proud to say that I don’t have a trace of it but I owe you guys for covering for me.” You smiled at your best friends with hopeful eyes for what you were about to say next.

“Soo is taking me out somewhere after class and… I need a stand-in for cashier duty today. So, who wants to fill in for their best friend?” You grinned at the two even after they looked exasperated and flipped the bird on you.

“I can’t! Yoong and I have a study date and I already promised to take her out afterwards.” Yuri piped up a little too quickly.

You shifted your gaze to your shorter pea-loving friend.

Taeyeon groaned before nodding. “I don’t have any plans anyway.”

You let out a squeal and ran up to Taeyeon, almost sending you both to the asphalt from the loving tackle if it weren’t for Yuri’s quick reflexes.

 

 

Your calculus class just ended and you were shoving all your things into your messenger bag when long, slender arms wrapped themselves around your waist and a sweet peck was placed on your cheek.

You smiled, knowing only one girl could make you enjoy such skinship.

“Excuse me, lady. But have you seen my girlfriend around here? I’m supposed to be taking her on a date but I can’t seem to find her.” She spun you around with a contented smile.

“I don’t think so. What does she look like? I could help you find her.” You played along and adjusted your bag as the two of you slowly made your way out of the empty classroom.

“Well, she’s about your height or was it a few inches shorter…? She’s had a growth spurt recently, you see so I might not be that sure. She has long brown hair that reaches her mid-back. She’s also quite awkward around most people. She might’ve hissed at some boys when they made eye contact earlier. Pretty much a bookworm and a sleepyhead too. Oh, and the most beautiful girl I’ve ever laid eyes on.” She grinned.

“Not to mention she has a pretty rockin’ body too.” She playfully added with a wink.

“Hm, I might’ve seen someone that fits the bill. There she is right now!” you pointed behind her.

She turned around and chuckled when she saw both of your reflections from the principal’s office’s tinted window.

“Great. Thanks, you’d make a great detective.”

“The mystery novels help. Where are you taking me, Soo?” you linked hands and walked out of school.

“Ah, yeah.” Sooyoung inhaled sharply before bouncing up and down. “Guess who just won the grand prize of twenty billion won at the lottery?!”

“Oh my god, Soo! You won?!” you hugged the lanky girl in your excitement.

“Nope, some random dude did.” Sooyoung pecked your lips when you rolled your eyes.

You replied the gesture with a peck of your own and pushed her shoulder when her stare lingered on your eyes a little longer than normal.

She wrapped an arm around you and pulled you in closer.

“I didn’t win the grand prize but I got what I was aiming for. It’s way better than that money.”

“And what is that?”

“Two tickets to the best all-you-can-eat place in Seoul!” Sooyoung flapped the two tickets with a huge grin.

“That’s even better! FOOD!” You squealed.

Your fellow shikshin girlfriend held your hand again before dashing onwards. “On to food we go!”

“We’re going to stuff ourselves silly and become big balls of fat, baby!”