third

To be like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i'm super duper late i'm sorry.

and you'll hate me for this. (but it's long..)

i'm sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes and typos...

 

have fun?

- hanie

 

 

 

o3.

Sungyeol is doing good according to his plan. He already has attached himself to Myungsoo and now, finally, they’re spending more time together and, even if it’s just for school (he won’t be studying much in the end like always), it’s a really good opportunity to get to know more about the guy his girl likes.

“Lee Sungyeol?”

A (short) guy stands in front of him, looking down at him with a serious expression. “Yes?”

“Can I talk to you for a bit?”

He isn’t so sure if he should be okay with that, he never saw him before at school, but he nods and follows him to the boy’s restroom. (He’s okay with that, why not?)

The boy stares at him and won’t say a thing until Sungyeol yawns. “What is it that you-”

“Be careful.”

Short but effective, though the taller doesn’t quite get why he’s said that.

“Myungsoo,”

His new ‘friend’s’ name alerts him for some reason.

“he’s shy and awkward. The only ones that were there for him are me and Saeron. So please be careful when you befriend him.”

That’s unexpected. He has seemed shy a lot of times but Sungyeol didn’t pay attention to him before so he can’t judge that at all. “And if I don’t..?” He isn’t sure why that question slipped out of his mouth but he doesn’t regret it.

There’s a smirk. And a hand carressing his cheek, “Well then,” he pauses and he hates the short silence between them because the tension rises and he’s scared of what can happen, “Saeron and I will have to teach you a lesson.”

He’s stunned. The threat will sure remain in the back of his head and he won’t be able to get too close to Myungsoo or he’ll be scared for his life. (But maybe he will because he tends to forget things really easily.)

“Always remember my name,” the other turns around to get back to class, “Nam Woohyun. You will see me occasionally now.” And he disappears behind the doors and Myungsoo comes in with creased eyebrows.

“S-sungyeol?”

“Hm?”

The boy eyes him and a hand reaches out to him but he flinches. “Sunggyu hyung..”

“Okay, I understood.” He nods his way and hurries out to his precious friend, he needs a warm embrace now.

 

 

He thought it’d be a lot easier. His plan is easy, that’s for sure, but acting it out is harder than expected and he’s scared. What if he hurts Sunggyu or Myungsoo or even Saeron? He doesn’t want that to happen. Even though he doesn’t know Myungsoo at all, he still doesn’t want to cause him pain. And now, thinking about taking away his girlfriend.. he isn’t so sure anymore if he should do that. That girl’s been by his side for a long time, if he’d steal and be happy with her, he doesn’t want to imagine the other’s hurt expression.

He lies his head on the table. It’s cold, that feels nice. Maybe he should stop it now? ‘She doesn’t like me anyway, so doing this has been useless from the beginning onwards..’

Sungyeol sighs. Why is it so complicated? And, thinking more and more about it, he doesn’t believe in himself to become someone he isn’t.

“S-sung-..”

He looks up, sniffing (because he’s been crying), and finds Myungsoo in the same state, crying. “Wha-” But he’s attacked and arms wrap themselves around him. It’s a surprise he doesn’t shriek or removes those warm, warm arms from him.

“H-he shouldn’t ha-have..”

Sungyeol doesn’t know what this is about but he has a guess it’s about Woohyun, that boy from the restroom, the one that threatened to teach him a lesson if he wouldn’t be careful with Myun-

“Don’t cry, I’m here.” He’s patting the taller’s back and whispers those words of comfort over and over again until Sungyeol falls asleep in his arms.

When he wants to back away and heave him up in his arms, hands stop him from doing so and Sunggyu appears in front of him.

“I won’t ask you what happened,” and the tall boy is easily lifted up in his arms. “But I hope you’ll tell me when I’m back from the infirmary.”

 

And so it happens that the elder huffs and grits his teeth, wanting to rip of the one who made his Sungyeollie cry. However, he calms down and sighs, he knew from the beginning that Myungsoo and ‘his gang’ aren’t good company.

 

 

Several days later, they’ve their first tutoring lesson as a trio and, surprisingly, Myungsoo is much better in studying than Sungyeol. And the eldest overthinks if he still should be against them being friends. After all, they could be good friends and complement each other.

“Hyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter